Seahawks vs Pudriots game thread

DavidGee24

Seahawks vs Pudriots game thread

Post by DavidGee24 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:40 am

We should be able to smoke these bums, they don't have the offensive weapons that the Falcos have, although they probably have a better defense and certainly a better coach.

Historically the Hawks usually hold Fig Newton to low scores. Can't wait to see Fig try to take off and get run down by Adams and Bobby Wags.

The Pudriots' best chance is if PC is indeed overcome by his OCD on having to run the ball. It seemed to take some of the joy out of last week's big win.

D-train

Re: Seahawks vs Pudriots game thread

Post by D-train » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:32 pm

Interesting predictions by this guy. My prediction: None of them will happen. But it is a good read. He goes all Mike Blowers with the details on some of them. Pretty funny.

1. A special teams turnover will help determine the outcome (This is just so rare. Easy to say it won't happen)
2. Seahawks gets more running yards than passing yards(People act like Pats have an amazing pass defense. They played the damn Dolphins and Fitz)
3. L.J. Collier gets the first sack of his career (Possible but when he gets his first it will be against a statue, not Cam)
4. Jamal Adams gets an interception (This is the most likely but still not likely enough to predict it will happen)
5. Seahawks win a low scoring game (This is also possible but again, I think the Pats D is over rated after one game vs. a bad offense. We will score 31)

https://12thmanrising.com/2020/09/20/se ... edictions/
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:31 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:32 pm
Interesting predictions by this guy. My prediction: None of them will happen. But it is a good read. He goes all Mike Blowers with the details on some of them. Pretty funny.

1. A special teams turnover will help determine the outcome (This is just so rare. Easy to say it won't happen)
2. Seahawks gets more running yards than passing yards(People act like Pats have an amazing pass defense. They played the damn Dolphins and Fitz)
3. L.J. Collier gets the first sack of his career (Possible but when he gets his first it will be against a statue, not Cam)
4. Jamal Adams gets an interception (This is the most likely but still not likely enough to predict it will happen)
5. Seahawks win a low scoring game (This is also possible but again, I think the Pats D is over rated after one game vs. a bad offense. We will score 31)

Dude, the Patriots defense was number one last year in total yards allowed. They were second in passing yards per game and fifth in rushing. They're probably the best unit in the NFL. They allowed 14 ppg and were first in turnovers and are coached by the best defensive mind in the game. They ain't overrated. I'll be very surprised if Seattle hangs 31 on them. Seattle may win, but dismissing the Patriots defense as overrated is a big reach.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:36 pm

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
· 10m
Cart out for Nick Bosa.....
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:38 pm

Didn't several of their starters opt out? That might be why expectations should be lower for NE's defense. All the same, I think they are still one of the better D units out there mainly because of the coaching, but also because they draft better than other teams.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:39 pm

Both Solomon Thomas and Nick Bosa have suffered injuries and left the game for SF. And they were already without Dee Ford. Their D line is decimated.
Last edited by Sibelius Hindemith on Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:44 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:39 pm
Both Solomon Thomas and Nick Bosa have suffered injuries and left the game for SF. Their D line is decimated.
I wonder if less preparation will lead to more injuries this year. Curious if that is a contributing factor at all. Maybe not. Sucks for the 9ers - but i do kinda chuckle how it affects the idiot 9er 'fans'. Never met a group who screamed louder and knew less about the game than 9er 'fans'. #chardonnaynation

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:48 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:44 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:39 pm
Both Solomon Thomas and Nick Bosa have suffered injuries and left the game for SF. Their D line is decimated.
I wonder if less preparation will lead to more injuries this year. Curious if that is a contributing factor at all. Maybe not. Sucks for the 9ers - but i do kinda chuckle how it affects the idiot 9er 'fans'. Never met a group who screamed louder and knew less about the game than 9er 'fans'. #chardonnaynation
And they were already without Dee Ford, George Kittle, and Sherman. If the Jets can't beat them today they should be forced to forfeit their remaining games and where paper bags over their heads for the rest of the year.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:50 pm

Looks like Bosa may have a bad knee injury. Lot of other injuries today. Saquon Barkley, Drew Lock, Paris Campbell, ...

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:51 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:31 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:32 pm

Dude, the Patriots defense was number one last year in total yards allowed. They were second in passing yards per game and fifth in rushing. They're probably the best unit in the NFL. They allowed 14 ppg and were first in turnovers and are coached by the best defensive mind in the game. They ain't overrated. I'll be very surprised if Seattle hangs 31 on them. Seattle may win, but dismissing the Patriots defense as overrated is a big reach.
That was last year:

Downgrade On Defense

Kyle Van Noy, Dont’a Hightower (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)

Last year, the Patriots had the best defense in the NFL. It got them absolutely nothing.

OK, that’s an overstatement. It got them some big regular-season wins, like two victories over Buffalo, and a tighter-than-it-seemed Thursday contest over the Giants, and a rock fight in Philly, and a wet mess vs. Dallas. The defense won some games, hence the 12-4 record.

At the same time, Baltimore had no problem buzzing right through the Patriots’ defense. Nor did Kansas City, nor did Houston. Nor did … Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Miami Dolphins. And nor did Derrick Henry and the Tennessee Titans.

So despite having the best defense, the Patriots still were vulnerable on defense.

Now, that defense is set to be undeniably worse than it was a year ago.

You’ve surely heard the list a million times by now: Dont’a Hightower, Patrick Chung, Kyle Van Noy, Jamie Collins, Danny Shelton — all gone. The reason you’ve heard it so many times is because that is a lot of talent, size, skill, experience and attitude now subtracted from the Patriots’ defense. Van Noy was on the field for 80.75 percent of the Patriots’ defensive snaps last year, third-most on the team. He was a do-it-all defender, a role which took him a couple of years to carve out and one that can’t be easily replicated. Collins is an athlete among athletes, capable of making plays that few living men can make. Hightower is a rock. Chung is an intimidator. They’re all gone.

While you can feel positive vibes about rookie linebackers Josh Uche and Anfernee Jennings, and while you might hold out hope that Belichick went classic Belichick with his Kyle Dugger pick, and while you may even feel warm and fuzzy about the ascent of Ja’Whaun Bentley to team captain … there is no denying that the defense will be sliding back to the middle of the pack this year. The defensive back group — led by Stephon Gilmore, plus a couple of McCourtys, and J.C. Jackson — is still elite. But if the front seven can’t do its job, even an elite defensive backfield will struggle to do its job. (It’s a team sport. You might have heard that before.)

Don’t be surprised when opponents in 2020 score with a whole lot more ease than they did a year ago. As a result, games just might get full-on wacky in the fourth quarter.
dt