Brandon Shell is terrible

Sibelius Hindemith

Brandon Shell is terrible

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:24 am

I was watching a video of Wilson's five TD passes and I noticed that he was inches from being sacked on at least 3 of them so I looked more closely and realized that this was almost entirely because Shell completely whiffed on his blocking assignments. But don't take my word for it, watch it for yourselves....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/video?gameId=401220365

it's the top video titled "Wilson lights up Pats' defense with five TDs".

Just awful. They should cut Shell and Olson tomorrow and try to gain some cap space so they can perhaps trade for a decent player.

Michael K.

Re: Brandon Shell is terrible

Post by Michael K. » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:59 am

We signed six O Lineman this off season, and they all stink. Shell looked more like Ifedi today than Ifedi himself does!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:20 am

I don't know what happened to Schneider but he's been one of the worst drafting GMs since 2013 and he doesn't even seem able to make prudent FA acquisitions anymore. And he gave up a boatload for Adams with no guarantee he'll stay here.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:32 am

Love the Adams pickup. Love it. But, I have been saying for a few years John is living in his Russ/sherm/Bobby drafts. The more recently not good. Zero pro bowl position players over the last 4 drafts. Only punter and kick returner. He has to do better. He did realize he screwed up in the secondary drafts. Traded for 3. Oh well, hope it gets better.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:06 pm

Wasn't Griffin in the probowl last year?

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:24 pm

Alternate

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:33 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:24 am
I was watching a video of Wilson's five TD passes and I noticed that he was inches from being sacked on at least 3 of them so I looked more closely and realized that this was almost entirely because Shell completely whiffed on his blocking assignments. But don't take my word for it, watch it for yourselves....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/video?gameId=401220365

it's the top video titled "Wilson lights up Pats' defense with five TDs".

Just awful. They should cut Shell and Olson tomorrow and try to gain some cap space so they can perhaps trade for a decent player.
Man the last one to Carson, it was like Shell just gave the guy a high five as he ran by him. Terrible.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:20 am

I can't open the video, how do you know what his blocking assignment is? I know you are going to say its obvious but I don't know. Its one thing to get bull rushed or something, but when you say the guy just runs by him it makes me wonder. I still remember Russell Okung calling into KIRO or KJR in the middle of a show unexpectedly because they were ripping him over the same thing after a game and his explaining the blocking assignments to them, that they might not be what seems obvious

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:49 am

Can't you open the web-page there? It is just a page with several short videos of game highlights. The one I was talking about is the first one at the top. I probably shouldn't have used the word "assignments" as it was obvious in the videos that it was his job to block the people rushing through and around him.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:05 am

it won't open outside the country...that is what i am saying, that someone is rushing around him might indicate it wasn't his man to begin with, as opposed to his making an effort to block him and failing at it.