Blair and Irvin out for the season

D-train

Blair and Irvin out for the season

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:53 pm

Man I had no idea the injuries were that serious.

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/sea ... -acl-tears
dt

maoling

Re: Blair and Irvin out for the season

Post by maoling » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:03 am

I don't ever remember such a league-wide rash of injuries two weeks into the season.

It can't be a coincidence with the abbreviated and odd way they geared up for the season in a pandemic.

Hawks need some help on D right away...who's out there besides Clay?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:06 am

Players didn't want a preseason..........
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:07 am

maoling wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:03 am
I don't ever remember such a league-wide rash of injuries two weeks into the season.

It can't be a coincidence with the abbreviated and odd way they geared up for the season in a pandemic.

Players not good enough to make NFL rosters.....
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:17 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:06 am
Players didn't want a preseason..........
Yeah, I was all over that bandwagon this morning. But? All of these are freaking MCLs. It's not like guys aren't used to running and cutting or what ever and are pulling hammies. These aren't soft tissue. Would the pre-season have stopped Knee and Ankle injuries? It sure seems like the obvious go to, but man....strange times.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:47 am

I don't buy the 'no preseason' theory... at least not yet. If the trend continues, I could be swayed, but I think it was just a bad, weird coincidence. A lot of the injuries were people getting rolled up on, and ACL/MCL injuries just seem like one of those things that happen.

There has to be a recently-retired vet or two out there that could be serviceable for a season. This D-Line is a hot mess, and getting hot messier without Irvin.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:18 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:47 am
I don't buy the 'no preseason' theory... at least not yet. If the trend continues, I could be swayed, but I think it was just a bad, weird coincidence. A lot of the injuries were people getting rolled up on, and ACL/MCL injuries just seem like one of those things that happen.

There has to be a recently-retired vet or two out there that could be serviceable for a season. This D-Line is a hot mess, and getting hot messier without Irvin.
49ers blamed the Met Life Turf
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:22 am

Watching the Mariners and Dusty Baker is holding George Springer out of the game due to Statcast data which says he as at risk for injury because he had and inside the park HR and beat out an infield single yesterday.
dt

TraderGary

Post by TraderGary » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:38 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:53 pm
Man I had no idea the injuries were that serious.

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/sea ... -acl-tears
Regarding Irvin, I thought his injury didn't look quite as serious. Surprised to hear the news on him. Are we gonna get a good look at the rookie Brooks in his place? Would love to see what the kid can do.

As for Blair, his injury looked bad and I wasn't surprised to hear he's done for the season. Feel bad for the kid as he was really beginning to emerge.

With Blair out, my biggest fear right now is Pete will go back to running the base defenses he ran last year which would be a big mistake. If he does, we will once again get torched on the shallow crosses and seam routes just like last year because our aging linebackers can't stay with opposing receivers and tight ends. I hope he learned his lesson from that last year. This defense is already bad enough without making it worse with a scheme that doesn't work.

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:04 am

maoling wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:03 am
It's not coincidence. You are right.
This was predictable. Virtue signaling by the NFL to a virus that is extremely low risk to it's players
was predictably going to cause more trouble than the actual virus.