Mighty NFC West

D-train

Mighty NFC West

Post by D-train » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:02 pm

Rams have a pretty tough game in Buffalo but I would pick them to win as I will be picking the Hawks to win.

49ers and Cards have relative cake walks vs. the Giants and Lions.

Very good chance that the division is 11-1 come Monday. Can't be 12-0 due to the head to head matchup that the 49ers lost to the Cards.
dt

Donn Beach

Re: Might NFC West

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:16 pm

Yeah we can pick the Hawks to win Sunday but what do we think about that game? Seems like a pretty interesting match up, one would consider the Cowboys as tougher than the Patriots wouldn't they? Does it come down to defenses? Curious in that I haven't gotten my brother the Cowboys fan opinion on it yet

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:21 pm

Everyone is gaga over the Falcons passing attack, but I honestly think our offense is better. We are certainly better running the football, and IMO, just as good if not better throwing it. I know Dallas turned it over a bunch and Atlanta capitalized, but they did some dumb shit to let Dallas back in it also. Not just the obvious. Going for two because you wanted to go up 21 instead of 20? Having no clue how to recover an onside kick? Those are the obvious issues, there was more. Add in that Julio dropped an EASY TD? They just blew another game, Dallas didn't win.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:22 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:16 pm
Yeah we can pick the Hawks to win Sunday but what do we think about that game? Seems like a pretty interesting match up, one would consider the Cowboys as tougher than the Patriots wouldn't they? Does it come down to defenses? Curious in that I haven't gotten my brother the Cowboys fan opinion on it yet
If it wasn't for the worst onside kick coverage in the history of football and another massive blown lead by the numbskull Dan Quinn they would have lost to a team that we easily handled. The over under is 55.5 which is the highest of any game this week.

Probably another shoot out but RW saves the day once again. Let us know what your bro thinks.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:29 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:21 pm
Everyone is gaga over the Falcons passing attack, but I honestly think our offense is better. We are certainly better running the football, and IMO, just as good if not better throwing it. I know Dallas turned it over a bunch and Atlanta capitalized, but they did some dumb shit to let Dallas back in it also. Not just the obvious. Going for two because you wanted to go up 21 instead of 20? Having no clue how to recover an onside kick? Those are the obvious issues, there was more. Add in that Julio dropped an EASY TD? They just blew another game, Dallas didn't win.
Sure, i would have to assume the Hawks are better, I really don't follow the rest of the league, I got the impression the Cowboys have a pretty potent offense, they are a talented team. That is the thing, they are always playing below their talent. I guess i worry about their talent against our defense

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:13 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:29 pm

Sure, i would have to assume the Hawks are better, I really don't follow the rest of the league, I got the impression the Cowboys have a pretty potent offense, they are a talented team. That is the thing, they are always playing below their talent. I guess i worry about their talent against our defense
Me too. Rotating only three DTs against Zeke and Dak on the ground is a scary proposition...and so is trying to cover those three receivers. The Patriots threw for almost 400 with Edelman and a bunch of guys that might not even make the roster in Dallas! You have to pressure them, like the Rams did. Not sure that is our strength. I see a shootout.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:35 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:13 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:29 pm

Me too. Rotating only three DTs against Zeke and Dak on the ground is a scary proposition...and so is trying to cover those three receivers. The Patriots threw for almost 400 with Edelman and a bunch of guys that might not even make the roster in Dallas! You have to pressure them, like the Rams did. Not sure that is our strength. I see a shootout.
Joe Fann
@Joe_Fann
·
1h
The #Seahawks top 3 offeason edge rush investments:

Darrell Taylor (NFI)
Bruce Irvin (IR)
Benson Mayowa (questionable for Week 3 with a groin injury)

That's suboptimal.
dt

Gametime

Re: Mighty NFC West

Post by Gametime » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:22 pm

Now R. Green is out for 3 weeks.

I have thought for a couple weeks we need Clay Mathews, and now we maybe starting a rookie who hasn't played at all. Holy crap, Russ will have to score 40 going forward with our zero pass rush from the DE. Heck, from DT.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:04 pm

Look at the bright side. This is going to be the most entertaining season in Hawks history.
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:59 am

Gametime wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:22 pm
Now R. Green is out for 3 weeks.

I have thought for a couple weeks we need Clay Mathews, and now we maybe starting a rookie who hasn't played at all. Holy crap, Russ will have to score 40 going forward with our zero pass rush from the DE. Heck, from DT.
we need to trade for Kerrigan. maybe if that team loses their next few, might grease the skids for it on their part, not that i have any faith their incompetent front office can do the smart thing to further their future success.