Should Seattle be calling Earl Thomas?

auroraave

Should Seattle be calling Earl Thomas?

Post by auroraave » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:04 am

Someone's gotta ask this...

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Should Seattle be calling Earl Thomas?

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:36 am

Maybe they should just call Earl, Marshawn, and Michael Bennett, make trades for Sherman, McDougald, and Sweezy, and bring Avril and Chancellor out of retirement.

4 more injuries today (at least)...

Chris Carson (knee) - have to hope it's just a sprain. Anyway, it will be the Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde show for at least a few weeks
Jamal Adams (groin) - they are fvcked if he misses much time. They were already giving up the most yards in the NFL with him playing.
Damien Lewis (ankle) - he was one of the bright spots on the OL thus far so major disappointment if he misses much time
Jordyn Broooks (knee) - hopefully not serious or just the latest addition of the Seahawks top draft pick injury curse. Cody Barton time.

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:58 am

You know if he could be had on the cheap I would say sure.

what is the prediction for Adams being out we know that Dunbar's knee "acted-up" but from all indications he should be back soon. On the other hand I think with-in reason any available resources should be spent on the D-line. I liked what I am seeing from the rookie 5th Rd. pick.

D. Hill had a back thing come up I would suspect spasms?
I have liked what Ugo has done so far this season as well so probably not necessary.

I am awefully tempted to take ET back. He would play the true deep safety and we could play with a three safety look and just let Adams continue to do his thing.

A nickle package of ET, Adams, Dunbar, Griffen, and Diggs would be pretty dang sweet. Come on ET don't allow your pride to out weigh your legacy potential.

Add ET, Snacks, and a Ryan Kerrigan level add and even with the injuries I gotta favor the MVP3 Hawks against anybody.

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:06 am

Well, if the Hawks don't sign him (I highly doubt he'd come back but that's just my opinion) then the Cowpokes might.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:40 pm

Hanjag wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:58 am
You know if he could be had on the cheap I would say sure.

what is the prediction for Adams being out we know that Dunbar's knee "acted-up" but from all indications he should be back soon. On the other hand I think with-in reason any available resources should be spent on the D-line. I liked what I am seeing from the rookie 5th Rd. pick.

D. Hill had a back thing come up I would suspect spasms?
I have liked what Ugo has done so far this season as well so probably not necessary.

I am awefully tempted to take ET back. He would play the true deep safety and we could play with a three safety look and just let Adams continue to do his thing.

A nickle package of ET, Adams, Dunbar, Griffen, and Diggs would be pretty dang sweet. Come on ET don't allow your pride to out weigh your legacy potential.

Add ET, Snacks, and a Ryan Kerrigan level add and even with the injuries I gotta favor the MVP3 Hawks against anybody.
I liked what I saw from Robinson also. I heard Wyman on the radio talking about Darrell Taylor, and he said the thought is that he is a bit of a COVID casualty. He had to rehab the injury on his own, and actually pushed himself too hard. Would be nice to see if back. I'm not too freaked out about Adams. Hell, imagine if Trey Flowers doesn't let the ball bounce off his chest? That changes everything. The same for the missed sacks last week. The defense is not going to be great, but they are good enough with this offense.

I hope we don't rush any of these guys. I know it is the NFL and any given Sunday, but we should be able to outscore Miami. Kind of sucks that they get the long week to prepare and then we have to fly all the way down there to play in the heat and humidity though.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:45 pm

JAWA wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:06 am
Well, if the Hawks don't sign him (I highly doubt he'd come back but that's just my opinion) then the Cowpokes might.
Only way he comes back if none of the 31 other teams want him. And Adams' groin strain doesn't seem serious. Both Adams and Diggs are better than Earl so is going to come and start for a week or two and then be a back up?
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:33 pm

man, I hope you're right about Adams' groing strain not being serious, but I'm not so sure. Groin strains for speed guys can really affect you for a while, and can get worse if you push too fast. If he's out less than a month I'll be shocked.

All those knee and ankle things you just don't know. They could be a couple days to season enders and anywhere in between.

Injuries have really pissed on a great start to the season... I guess the positive is Russ will have to keep cookin'

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:51 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:33 pm
Only way he comes back if none of the 31 other teams want him. And Adams' groin strain doesn't seem serious. Both Adams and Diggs are better than Earl so is going to come and start for a week or two and then be a back up?
Yeah, that probably won't sit well with Earl to start for a couple games then ride the bench as a backup. Not to mention I don't think he and Pete have yet to make peace with each other.

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:44 am

Looks like Earl is going to Houston

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/ ... arl-thomas

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:26 am

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-the-dallas ... 27290.html

If this is accurate, I'd say Houston may have a problem.