Why Seattle and Dallas didn't want Earl

Michael K.

Why Seattle and Dallas didn't want Earl

Post by Michael K. » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:26 pm

Seems there may have been more to our reasoning to letting Earl walk than a middle finger. I posted this on the ET topic, but thought it deserved it's own.

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-the-dallas ... 27290.html
The answer wasn’t one thing. It was outlined through sources familiar with Thomas’ end in Seattle and Baltimore, two franchises that were content to move forward without him. That is a word that should be underscored here. Content.
In Seattle, despite Thomas’ considerable coverage skills — and they were certainly elite during his Seahawks tenure — he also had a penchant for occasionally freelancing that put stress on the back end of the scheme.

When Kam Chancellor was healthy and playing alongside Thomas, Seattle leaned on him to make sure everyone (including Thomas) knew where they were supposed to be at all times and to understand and cover up scenarios where Thomas might be caught out of place.
Just another reason I still wear my Kam jersey every Sunday, and why I believe despite the massive amount of love this fan base has for him, he is probably underappreciated!

D-train

Re: Why Seattle and Dallas didn't want Earl

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:31 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:26 pm
Seems there may have been more to our reasoning to letting Earl walk than a middle finger. I posted this on the ET topic, but thought it deserved it's own.

The answer wasn’t one thing. It was outlined through sources familiar with Thomas’ end in Seattle and Baltimore, two franchises that were content to move forward without him. That is a word that should be underscored here. Content.
In Seattle, despite Thomas’ considerable coverage skills — and they were certainly elite during his Seahawks tenure — he also had a penchant for occasionally freelancing that put stress on the back end of the scheme.

When Kam Chancellor was healthy and playing alongside Thomas, Seattle leaned on him to make sure everyone (including Thomas) knew where they were supposed to be at all times and to understand and cover up scenarios where Thomas might be caught out of place.
Just another reason I still wear my Kam jersey every Sunday, and why I believe despite the massive amount of love this fan base has for him, he is probably underappreciated!
Totally agree. Not a fan of stupid people and Earl seems to be one.
dt

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:14 pm

"Things like this just happen bro" E.T.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:59 pm

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:14 pm
"Things like this just happen bro" E.T.
What he meant was "Things like this happen with me and my bro". :lol: :lol:

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:04 pm

Michael K. wrote:

I wish to second that opinion. Kam was an excellent teammate and placed the team ahead of his own considerable abilities. The perfect partner for Thomas. And I still wear his jersey, too!

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:49 am

ddraig wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:04 pm
Michael K. wrote:

I wish to second that opinion. Kam was an excellent teammate and placed the team ahead of his own considerable abilities. The perfect partner for Thomas. And I still wear his jersey, too!
I often hear comments like Kam was the "big brother", and the glue of that D.
Kam has my vote for best of the bunch.
Good contribution MK.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:16 pm

I betcha now...Kam thinks differently if ET calls him "Big Brother"! Haha, twice in one topic...sorry.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:33 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:16 pm
I betcha now...Kam thinks differently if ET calls him "Big Brother"! Haha, twice in one topic...sorry.
All good BROTHER! :lol:
dt

TraderGary

Post by TraderGary » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:05 am

After all that has come out the past couple years, it's pretty clear Kam was the glue that held the LOB together. It's really too bad his career was cut short. One of my all-time favorite Hawks players.

As for E.T., until recently I hadn't realized what a head case he was. So glad we didn't extend him.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:27 am

TraderGary wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:05 am
After all that has come out the past couple years, it's pretty clear Kam was the glue that held the LOB together. It's really too bad his career was cut short. One of my all-time favorite Hawks players.

As for E.T., until recently I hadn't realized what a head case he was. So glad we didn't extend him.
thing was Earl was always a little aloof but never really a head case till after SB 49 when the malcontents took center stage. as physical as he played (remember that hit on Gronk?), would not at all be surprised if there is some CTE in play in his case.