More Edge Rush Trade Options

IStillLoveTheMs

More Edge Rush Trade Options

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:36 am

Kyler Fackrell - OLB NYG

The Giants are a bottom-3 team in the NFL and they're playing for a pick that accompanies that. Their season is over with the loss of Saquon Barkley to an ACL injury and they're off to an 0-4 start. Through 4 games with the Giants in 2020, Fackrell has 14 tackles, 11 solo, 3 TFL's and 2 sacks. In 2018 with the Packers, Fackrell put up 10.5 sacks as their ROLB... then followed it up with a disappointing 1-sack campaign in 2019. Fackrell signed a 1-year "prove-it" deal with the Giants for just under $5 million and with the Giants falling off a cliff, he could be a cheap trade option.

Yannick Ngakoue - OLB MINN

If the Vikings lose to us this coming weekend they'd drop to 1-4 and firmly out of playoff consideration. Ngakoue was a player many Hawks fans hoped to trade for during the offseason where he and the Jaguars had a very public falling out. With Ngakoue hitting free agency next season, I doubt they'll hang onto him in a lost season if it means they can recuperate draft compensation lost when they acquired him for a 2nd and 5th round pick. Ngakoue has 7 tackles, all solo, and 3 sacks in 4 games for the Vikes. He carries a $12 million price tag which means he's a bit more expensive than other potential options... but the Hawks could move some money around and my guess is a 4th rounder gets it done.

Hanjag

Re: More Edge Rush Trade Options

Post by Hanjag » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:53 am

From the link with Josh Gordon reinstatement request being overdue, how about David Irving
6'7' 290 DE in 2017 in 8 games all starts he had 7 sacks

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:01 am

Hanjag wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:53 am
From the link with Josh Gordon reinstatement request being overdue, how about David Irving
6'7' 290 DE in 2017 in 8 games all starts he had 7 sacks
Irving can't lay off the ganja... he announced he was quitting football last year on an Instagram video where he was smoking a joint lol. He's got a rep for being immature and Jason Garrett told him he should just quit football to smoke all the weed he wants. Apparently he lacks motivation... not really a Hawks kinda guy.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:13 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:36 am
Kyler Fackrell - OLB NYG

The Giants are a bottom-3 team in the NFL and they're playing for a pick that accompanies that. Their season is over with the loss of Saquon Barkley to an ACL injury and they're off to an 0-4 start. Through 4 games with the Giants in 2020, Fackrell has 14 tackles, 11 solo, 3 TFL's and 2 sacks. In 2018 with the Packers, Fackrell put up 10.5 sacks as their ROLB... then followed it up with a disappointing 1-sack campaign in 2019. Fackrell signed a 1-year "prove-it" deal with the Giants for just under $5 million and with the Giants falling off a cliff, he could be a cheap trade option.

Yannick Ngakoue - OLB MINN

If the Vikings lose to us this coming weekend they'd drop to 1-4 and firmly out of playoff consideration. Ngakoue was a player many Hawks fans hoped to trade for during the offseason where he and the Jaguars had a very public falling out. With Ngakoue hitting free agency next season, I doubt they'll hang onto him in a lost season if it means they can recuperate draft compensation lost when they acquired him for a 2nd and 5th round pick. Ngakoue has 7 tackles, all solo, and 3 sacks in 4 games for the Vikes. He carries a $12 million price tag which means he's a bit more expensive than other potential options... but the Hawks could move some money around and my guess is a 4th rounder gets it done.
Wow, Yannik the Viking already has three sacks. Our D line has four combined.
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:02 pm

if Yannick can be had for as cheap as a 4th after we beat them next weekend, Schneider should jump on that immediately. i'd even do it for a 3rd if we got back a later pick or two. we all know how much they value later picks.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:38 pm

Yannick is in the last year of his deal. It just seems like ever since we decided we couldn't afford Frank Clark that we have been buying bandaids for the problem. I like Alton Robinson, and would love to see what we have in Darrell Taylor before dealing too many more picks.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:05 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:38 pm
Yannick is in the last year of his deal. It just seems like ever since we decided we couldn't afford Frank Clark that we have been buying bandaids for the problem. I like Alton Robinson, and would love to see what we have in Darrell Taylor before dealing too many more picks.
That's precisely why you'd trade for him.

No commitment and we need a bandaid. Who cares about next year? I rather deal a mid-round pick than waste one year of Russ's prime with a shitty pass rush.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:47 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:05 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:38 pm
That's precisely why you'd trade for him.

No commitment and we need a bandaid. Who cares about next year? I rather deal a mid-round pick than waste one year of Russ's prime with a shitty pass rush.
Exactly, the rental situation is the only reason the price is so cheap. also doesnt hurt your cap long-term, and coming mid-year this year as he would be, lessens the cap impact for this year too, making it doable without too much finagling. Buy an impact rental for one year of contention in replacement of your previous short term rental (Irvin) and your high draft pick Taylor who are both derailed by injury. Doesnt block Alton's development as he can line up at the 5-tech opposite Yannick. and then you're not tempted to rush Taylor (at Leo) or Green (at 5-tech) till they're ready physically. Could be a domino effect like a baseball team acquiring a cleanup hitter - lengthens and improves the whole lineup by reducing the pressure on the others to produce. Mayowa especially could benefit from fewer reps to be a more productive/efficient. and Collier could be limited to run downs at end and 3-tech inside, spelling Reed. and Damontre can just be cut - i've seen nothing from him.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:08 am

Remember that in two years when we are still searching. Like I said, we don't know what we have in these two pass rushers we just drafted. Many in here were handing out Super Bowl rings when we traded for Jimmy, Sheldon Richardson, Duane Brown and Clowney. Didn't work out that way...and a few years later everyone was bitching, including me, about bad drafts. Complaining about picks traded away. The funny thing is, the only trade that resulted in a ring was the one for Percy, and he barely played.

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:31 am

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:08 am
Remember that in two years when we are still searching. Like I said, we don't know what we have in these two pass rushers we just drafted. Many in here were handing out Super Bowl rings when we traded for Jimmy, Sheldon Richardson, Duane Brown and Clowney. Didn't work out that way...and a few years later everyone was bitching, including me, about bad drafts. Complaining about picks traded away. The funny thing is, the only trade that resulted in a ring was the one for Percy, and he barely played.
Duane Brown has been solid at LT
I really like Jimmy as a person but he never meshed in Seattle Partly because they didn't let Russ cook
Clowney was a stud
Sheldon was an average player in Seattle he had 1 sac and a FF but not a game changer that was 2017 in 2015 he had 7 sacs

I agree with you on what we have in house developing
Mayowa
Robinson
Rush
LJ
and our recent upper draft picks Brooks, and Taylor
I think there is talent on site