5 trade ideas

D-train

Re: 5 trade ideas

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:45 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:12 am
I'm not a stat research guy but where do our edge rushers rate individually because I think it's fair to say they probably rand last as a team. Let's assume for argument's sake 90+% of the edge rushers in the league rate better than our slugs. And we can't find a way to make a deal to improve? Come on. Super Bowls don't come on trees. Restructure, cut, etc. . . . do what it takes.
We don't even have edge rushers imo.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:48 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:28 pm
It won’t matter who they get. We make zero effort to cover anyone. How does anyone get a sack when the QB throws the ball the second his fingers find the laces? This is 75% a schematic problem. Either Norton has to go or Pete needs to allow him to change, but no corner can cover eight yards off and backpedaling, and nobody is going to generate a pass rush when the QB’s first option is open at the snap of the ball.

Seriously, it is as if they are coached by Kent Bear or Nick Holt! It is no surprise that those two lead the worst a Husky defenses ever with a similar scheme. Justin Wilcox came in and made the same kids pretty damn good. You flat out can not be any good on defense when your plan is to leave guys wide open and hope the other team makes a mistake! It makes me fucking sick to watch us play defense. Who would have thought that would EVER happen.

It’s as if Pete said, “fine you assholes, we’ll let Russ cook...but wait till you see this bullshit I draw up for the defense!”

We play defense like a big play is worth more points. If explosive plays were demoralizing and ruined a team, we wouldn’t have lost to the Cardinals and the Cowboys and Pats wouldn’t have had the ball with a chance to beat us. Make a damn effort to stop the other guy, PLEASE!
Seems PC would rather reduce the chances of given up a big play from 10% to 5% even if it means reducing the the chances of a stop on 3rd and medium from 50% to 10%.
dt

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:57 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:45 pm
AZOldDawg wrote:
I'm not a stat research guy but where do our edge rushers rate individually because I think it's fair to say they probably rand last as a team. Let's assume for argument's sake 90+% of the edge rushers in the league rate better than our slugs. And we can't find a way to make a deal to improve? Come on. Super Bowls don't come on trees. Restructure, cut, etc. . . . do what it takes.
As I said before, your rots or you with a pint of Crown in you would improve our D Line exponentially :lol:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:02 pm

Look, I get it, we aren't getting much rush, but I will ask all of you again. What pass rusher is going to get pressure when the QBs first read is wide ass open at the snap of the ball? Watch the Corners, it is an absolute embarrassment. Chris Collinsworth pointed it out in OT, but it has been going on all fucking year! There is zero chance any man with a set of balls would CHOOSE to play that way. And there is ZERO chance that this is happening and Pete Carroll isn't aware of it. I am flat out blown away.

Complain about the pass rush all you want. Lawrence Fucking Taylor would look pedestrian in this defense. Hell, we would ask him to cover TEs anyway.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:39 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:57 pm
D-train wrote:
AZOldDawg wrote:
As I said before, your rots or you with a pint of Crown in you would improve our D Line exponentially :lol:
Fear not, Green "might" be back Sunday. :|
dt

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:44 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:39 pm
AZOldDawg wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:57 pm
D-train wrote:

Fear not, Green "might" be back Sunday. :|
On pins and needles

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:17 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:13 pm

That speculation was fun while it lasted. I guess we are cool with zero QB hits in 48 drop backs.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
· 16m
Compensation update: Lions are trading a 2021 6th-round pick to
Cowboys for DE Everson Griffin, per source.
dt

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:51 am

Bring on Takk McKinley while your at it too.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:38 pm

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:51 am
Bring on Takk McKinley while your at it too.
His PFF rating is decent at ~70 but he hasn't had a sack since the first play of the season vs. RW.
dt