Gametime

Re: 5 trade ideas

Post by Gametime » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:55 am

Really can’t be worse than LJ.

Collier is just not good.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:10 pm

Collier's PFF grade is just north of 60 now. So he has moved from replacement level to low end back-up.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:34 pm

In other news Jaraan Reed has a 56 while Poona Ford has a 77 and Bryan Mone a 70.

All the DE/LEO players are in the 50s accept Jonathon Bullard who has an 89.9 in his handful of snaps. Stephen Sullivan has no grade (yet).

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:43 pm

Brandon Shell 66.3
Damien Lewis 70.7
Ethan Pocic 62.4
Jordan Simmons 47.5
Duane Brown 86.2

Still looks like a one-man line to me. Shell and Lewis may be slight upgrades over Ifedi and Fluker but let's not kid ourselves that they aregood at this point. We saw yesterday what a RB that can't bust through tackles looks like behind this line.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:53 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:43 pm
Brandon Shell 66.3
Damien Lewis 70.7
Ethan Pocic 62.4
Jordan Simmons 47.5
Duane Brown 86.2

Still looks like a one-man line to me. Shell and Lewis may be slight upgrades over Ifedi and Fluker but let's not kid ourselves that they aregood at this point. We saw yesterday what a RB that can't bust through tackles looks like behind this line.
SF is certainly missing some players, but there defense is still no slouch. I can't remember the last time their D Line didn't just demolish our O Line. Dallas is just not good, sorry, it is true. Judging them on whether or not he could gain yards is a little harsh.

Surprised to see Pocic and Simmons graded so low. I don't remember much pressure up the middle.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:53 pm

screw PFF. They have no idea what the blocking assignment was, nor do they take into account whether the person opposite the lineman is Aaron Donald or anybody on our D-line. It's about as accurate as political polls.

Lewis the real deal. He's been playing awesome football, especially for a rookie.
Brown looked great.
Pocic is finally playing his proper position, and seems to be above average.
Shell is not great, but serviceable, and defintely better than Ifedi.
Simmons is exactly what you want in a backup - versatile and not bad.

RW had time and very little pressure all day. We were without our top 3 RBs and still managed 37 points.

The O-line is no longer the weak spot.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:04 pm

Those were season grades, not game grades. I don't think they incorporated the game grades frim yesterday into the overall grades yet so maybe they will improve!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:13 pm

Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:04 pm
Those were season grades, not game grades. I don't think they incorporated the game grades frim yesterday into the overall grades yet so maybe they will improve!
Ah, gotcha. Looks about right, ish. I think, and this is just the eyeball test obviously, I am certainly not breaking down film, that we are far better than last year. In the salary cap era, that is alright. You can't have the second best or best QB in the land, arguably the best receiving duo in all of football, arguably the best MLB and best SS in football and still be great everywhere else. It just can't happen. I still wish we had spent the O Line money better....signed non of the guys we signed and then signed Conklin. But, that being said, would we have had the trade capital to go get Dunlap if we didn't have Finney? Hard to say.

Once again, it is nice to be complaining about -

Our 4th string TB
Is our line a lot better or just a little better
Are the TEs getting enough balls.

These are FAR from the things we have complained about with the offense in years past!

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:29 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:53 pm
Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:43 pm
Brandon Shell 66.3
Damien Lewis 70.7
Ethan Pocic 62.4
Jordan Simmons 47.5
Duane Brown 86.2

SF is certainly missing some players, but there defense is still no slouch. I can't remember the last time their D Line didn't just demolish our O Line. Dallas is just not good, sorry, it is true. Judging them on whether or not he could gain yards is a little harsh.

Surprised to see Pocic and Simmons graded so low. I don't remember much pressure up the middle.
Those grades are for the season.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:36 pm

Dallas has a 65.0 PFF grade. Tiny sample and not great but suggests he didn't have any where to go on most of his carries which is in line with my eye test. For comparison, Hyde has a 62.8 Grade and Homer is at 58.9. Chris Carson is the lone stud at 80.6.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/deejay-dallas/55632
dt