Darrell Taylor

Sexymarinersfan

Re: Darrell Taylor

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:15 am

Hanjag wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:36 am
I guess he had the same injury as Zigg Ansah

I am not sure about the timeline for his return? I guess he is eligible for a week 9 return but will he be healthy by then? They traded up to get him so he should be a stud!

The problem is, is he a stud from the get-go or does he take time to develop like Clark, and so many others
This should clear things up.
Attachments
Screenshot_20201020-051434_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201020-051434_Gallery.jpg (279.8 KiB) Viewed 353 times

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:45 am

Taylor "developed a knee injury"? Strange way of putting it.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:35 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:45 am
Taylor "developed a knee injury"? Strange way of putting it.
Wyman called it a COVID setback. Said the kid didn’t have access to the training staff or the facilities and he over worked himself trying to rush the comeback. I said it when I heard him say that on the radio, I have no factual basis for this other than Wyman mentioning it on his show, but kind of makes sense.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:12 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:59 pm
The return of DJ Reed. Who is he and why should i care?
sounds kind of interesting...

Pete didn't call him one of the greatest ever but he did say this...
"He's going to be back. He looks great running and I've seen him work out quite a bit," Carroll said. "I'm really excited about him. He's a versatile football player, really aggressive playmaker type. He's played safety and corner and nickel - he's played all of those spots - he's an exciting guy to add in."
Seems the 49ers tried to sneak him though waivers because they didn't think he be ready to play this season, sort of the reverse of Penny or Tayler for once...
At the time, it seemed unlikely Reed would play at all in 2020. San Francisco thought he'd slip through waivers as a result, but Seattle had other plans and now three months later, the former Kansas State standout appears close to returning to action.
https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/d- ... r-seahawks

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Why didn't SF just put him on the 6 week IR?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:21 pm

from a 49ers fan site...seems since it wasn't a football injury that impacted the cap hit
The 49ers took a risk when they placed waived/Non-Football Injury defensive back DJ Reed. Their hope was that he’d clear waivers and revert to their injured reserve. That plan backfired when their division rival Seattle Seahawks claimed him off the waiver wire.

San Francisco could’ve kept Reed on the reserve/Non-Football Injury list where he was placed after suffering a torn pectoral in the offseason. So why would the 49ers waive him instead of keeping him on the reserve/NFI list?

Players who begin the season on the reserve/NFI list are able to return to practice after six weeks. That return is followed by a three-week practice window, after which a team either has to activate the player or put them on season-ending injured reserve.

General manager John Lynch on Monday in his press conference indicated Reed’s chest injury would likely put him out for the year. Since he suffered the injury in an offseason workout away from the team, they couldn’t simply put him on injured reserve, which would officially end his season.

Had San Francisco kept Reed on the reserve/NFI list all year, they would’ve carried his $827,843 cap hit. Had he reverted to IR he would not have counted against the cap.

By waiving him though they ran the risk of a team claiming him, which Seattle did. Now the 2018 fifth-round pick out of Kansas State will suit up for the 49ers’ biggest rival.

Reed served in multiple roles for the 49ers, including free safety, nickel corner and special teams. Last season he started at nickel when K’Waun Williams missed the team’s Week 15 game vs. the Falcons. He had 54 tackles, 1.0 sacks, two forced fumbles and two pass breakups in 31 games across two seasons.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:56 pm

Interesting- thanks. I wonder how the guys at gianttalk.com felt about that move. 🤔