Home Field Advantage

D-train

Home Field Advantage

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:36 pm

Once it became clear that Covid would preclude any fans attending games at Lumen Field there was much consternation that the Hawks would suffer the most because of their presumed massive HFA due to our rabid loud fans. This was despite the recent evidence of our 2019 home record of 4-4 and our road record of 7-1. I questioned this concern based on that and hypothesized that any Home Field advantage in general was due to travel, home cooking and being out of your comfort zone vs. any impact of fans.

This season in a completely empty Home stadium the Hawks are 5-0 and in empty or sparsely attended road games they are 2-3. As I suspected the constant emphasis on how important our fans are is just promotional fluff to get fans more engaged and falsely instill in them the notion that they actually impact the outcomes of games.

D-train 1
Lazy thinking 0
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Home Field Advantage

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:39 pm

The thing i couldn't get is how they had 3 false starts yesterday.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:41 pm

Wow, I am on a call with another major Pharma company and their Sr. VP just used irregardless. lol
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:43 pm

the 12s did an amazing job forcing all those false starts yesterday. Could tell it was getting in Murray's head.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:32 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:43 pm
the 12s did an amazing job forcing all those false starts yesterday. Could tell it was getting in Murray's head.
The Seahawks had 3 false starts if i recall correctly.

Edit: 2 false starts and an illegal shift
Last edited by Sibelius Hindemith on Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:43 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:39 pm
The thing i couldn't get is how they had 3 false starts yesterday.
I think there was one guy in the stands yelling, "HIKE!" That's where having less fans is actually advantageous.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:48 pm

:D sure, that was me, except i screwed up and did it twice when the Seahawks had the ball.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:11 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:48 pm
:D sure, that was me, except i screwed up and did it twice when the Seahawks had the ball.
Making up for the lost years of the late 70s by sneaking into the stadium. Love it!
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:12 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:41 pm
Wow, I am on a call with another major Pharma company and their Sr. VP just used irregardless. lol
AAAHHH! Next he is going to tell you he could care less if he uses the word or not! That one absolutely kills me. Not sure why, but it really does.

As for the home field. In last night's pre game show they went on and on about the Hail Mary. Showed Hopkins running his mouth about how he dunked on them, patting his head, Murray saying "I don't want to say I knew it when I threw it, but I kind of did". Come on...the Bills BLEW it. Dungy broke it down before the Sunday night game, they had several DBs covering short routes! WTF? The reason the coverage was late was because they had to play catch up after covering short receivers that if they had caught the ball the play clock would have expired. I HATE the amount of credit given on these throws. Remember when Rodgers got lucky as shit like three times one year? THey call it a Hail Mary because it is just that, a freaking prayor!

Well, after the love fest thrown at the Cardinals....guess what they focused on for the Seahawks. That's right, the fans. It was silly.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:20 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:12 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:41 pm
AAAHHH! Next he is going to tell you he could care less if he uses the word or not! That one absolutely kills me. Not sure why, but it really does.

As for the home field. In last night's pre game show they went on and on about the Hail Mary. Showed Hopkins running his mouth about how he dunked on them, patting his head, Murray saying "I don't want to say I knew it when I threw it, but I kind of did". Come on...the Bills BLEW it. Dungy broke it down before the Sunday night game, they had several DBs covering short routes! WTF? The reason the coverage was late was because they had to play catch up after covering short receivers that if they had caught the ball the play clock would have expired. I HATE the amount of credit given on these throws. Remember when Rodgers got lucky as shit like three times one year? THey call it a Hail Mary because it is just that, a freaking prayor!

Well, after the love fest thrown at the Cardinals....guess what they focused on for the Seahawks. That's right, the fans. It was silly.
Speaking of crazy words. I once got a work email from a woman that said, "We have made allotta progress. Not joking.
dt