Post Mortem: Seahawks v Cardinals

Michael K.

Re: Post Mortem: Seahawks v Cardinals

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:22 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:47 pm
The error people are making is expecting Seattle to hit their ceiling the first half of the season and coming unglued when they don't. No game Seattle has played makes any difference or has any impact on how they will fare in the playoffs. Zero. A million things will happen between now and then - especially injuries. How many Saints fans are now expecting a deep playoff run? You play the game in front of you - literally nothing else matters. Anyone making assumptions now, for games happening in January, are wildly misguided and shortsighted.
This has been true with many of Pete's teams. The second Super Bowl season they were 3 and 3 after a bad loss and the sky was falling. I am pretty sure they finished that season 12 and 4...I know they got the #1 seed. It is a big reason I was so surprised at the explosive offense early. It was more than just a surprise that Pete let them air it out...but we never look that in tune early.
auroraave wrote:
Last nights game was useful in projecting two things - the defense is absolutely getting better, and the offense can win with the ground game. Also, note the excellent game plans by both Shotty and Norton, and the brilliant acquisitions by JS. The most important thing to remember is that Seattle has a massive amount of playoff experience and DNA. Not many other teams do. They walk into the playoffs with that advantage.
The defense couldn't help but get better, but it is the highs and lows that are so crazy, IMO. Three great quarters against the Niners, then five shitty quarters in a row resulting in a loss in Buffalo that looked like a team that couldn't stop a HS offense. Then? Some pretty damn good play by the defense the next two weeks. I wills say this, with Hyde and Scarborough? We would have beaten the Rams. Sounds crazy from a "Let Russ Cook" guy like me, but the truth is, I just wanted to get away from the slow feel them out starts we had for the past three or four years. I pointed it out earlier, but the first damn play from scrimmage this year was a Sack in Atlanta. For the past five years that would have meant dive play, short pass and punt. It doesn't this year....to me, that is more placing faith in Russ than letting him throw it every down.
auroraave wrote:
Losing to the Rams in November will make no difference in January. None. With the depth this team has accumulated, and the guys coming back, people should be looking at the potential - and there is a LOT. You don't need to peak in November, you need to peak in January, and that is a very realistic possibility for Seattle. the offense is stacked and the defense is trending up.
That is a good point. I think the playing time Reed and Flowers are getting now, along with the time Brooks has gotten is only going to help the defense when players return. I wasn't sold on Irvin this year, but if he doesn't go down and Mayowa doesn't get dinged up? Do we trade for Dunlap? If Dunbar, Adams and Griffin don't all miss time this year, do we go after Reed? We are getting some pretty good production from guys that weren't on the field and possibly not even on the roster about six or seven weeks ago. On that note, I am exited for the secondary next year. Will be interesting to see who plays CB, but I think the future is Amadi and Blair. Amadi, IMO, has played well...and I think Blair was going to have a good year before the injury.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:24 pm

OMG, chasing squirrels! Too funny.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:35 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:24 pm
OMG, chasing squirrels! Too funny.
Check this out. lol

https://www.facebook.com/lynda.nucewarn ... 0689330867
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:19 pm

Joe Fann
@Joe_Fann
Ken Norton led an "accountability meeting" in which each player was given the opportunity to speak and explain their jobs within the #Seahawks defensive scheme.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:35 pm

dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:13 am

Game ball to Damien Lewis. Wow. Just wow. A rookie forced to start at the most difficult position on the oline. Yeah, he had a couple hiccups, but what a fantastic performance. Overall, that unit looked really good.
I don't know if its so much being a rookie, he had never played the position before, that boggles my brain

A very surprising choice for the Seahawks, because Lewis has never played center in his entire football career. Ever.
Think the coaching staff should get some credit for that

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:25 am

Strange that they didn't re-sign Joey Hunt. Maybe he was too busy with the re-make of H.R. Puff'nstuff.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:34 am

Hunt is on the Colts practice squad, would have had to go through COVID protocol, that probably it, really are not in a position to bring anybody in

maoling

Post by maoling » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:47 am

auroraave wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:38 pm
maoling wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:57 pm
Nothing less than spot on again, aurora.

When did we get Bo Scarbrough back? He's bounced around a bit and I really hope he finds a home here. I must admit to a slight man-crush on the the guy.

And nothing says smash-mouth Seahawks' football more than when your QB releases a new fragrance. Hope the Cardinals enjoyed a big whiff of it last night.

"Russell's R scent is a combination of bergamot, black tea, lavender, and patchouli, among other notes. Its bright and clean smell is a little more intense than C's, making it a surprising but welcomed wake-up call to the senses."

:roll:
Mr. Chairman! This may have been Bo's first game for Seattle. Did you see him do the splits last night? Yikes. How's all with you?
Hanging in there, aurora. I miss her so damn much and widower holidays in a socially-isolated pandemic with a totally fucked-up political system seems like a cruel joke sometimes lol. Thank God I still have a vague sense of humor. :roll:

But Bo made me happy with his 30 yards or so last night, at least until the Katelyn Ohashi spready slam. And back to the practice squad he goes...of course this vid is NSFW lol:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=oz ... &FORM=VIRE

Scarbrough (hamstring) reverted to the Seahawks' practice squad Friday, per the NFL's official transaction report.

Scarbrough played in Thursday's 28-21 win over the Cardinals, rotating in ahead of rookie DeeJay Dallas and finishing with three carries for 31 yards. However, the third-year running back suffered a hamstring injury late in the game and didn't return. He'll recover on the team's practice squad, and he can be elevated to the Seahawks' active roster one more time this year.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... ice-squad/

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:56 am

there is something particularly cruel about a pandemic as opposed to other natural disasters, how it works against our natural inclination to bond and find support