Report: Russell Wilson is frustrated with offensive line issues

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Report: Russell Wilson is frustrated with offensive line issues

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:10 pm

Gametime wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:05 pm
Again. Can’t Russ change the call at the line?
Not when they walk up to the line with 5 seconds left to snap the ball.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:22 pm

Russ is sitting there with his knee on the ground in the huddle. While watching Brady, Pat, etc stand and go faster. While Russ is sitting there in his knee. The helmet mic is off. Russ isn’t moving very fast.

Again. Never Russell’s fault.

How many OCs? Never Russell’s fault.

Sherm and Bennett were correct. Russ is golden. Never at fault.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:25 pm

I know it is an all of the above. Russ, Pete, OC, line.

There is just always an excuse for Russ. Always.

If he’s such a winner why can’t he do better in the playoffs? Hell Goff has.

Since the Demise of the LOB how has Russ achieved? Since his monster payday. How has Russ achieved??

Beat the Eagles and Lions. And thank god for a Blair Walsh choke.

Again. Like the old defenders said. Never so Russell’s fault.

douche

Post by douche » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:25 pm

Gametime wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:22 pm
Russ is sitting there with his knee on the ground in the huddle. While watching Brady, Pat, etc stand and go faster. While Russ is sitting there in his knee. The helmet mic is off. Russ isn’t moving very fast.

Again. Never Russell’s fault.

How many OCs? Never Russell’s fault.

Sherm and Bennett were correct. Russ is golden. Never at fault.
Pete's never at fault either. He doesn't know when to throw the challenge flag, he announces his 'run' game plan to the world, he makes no game-time adjustments and he can't manage the clock. So why should RW be held accountable? More importantly, why should RW change the play at the line of scrimmage if; a) Pete just wants him to hand it off, and b) he has to make up for Pete's listless game-planning?

There was a time when this team was young and hungry. Angry Doug, Sherman and Thomas used to hold people accountable. Now? Not so much. Players love SEA because Carroll is a likable coach, but the hunger is gone.
Last edited by douche on Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:29 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:10 pm
Gametime wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:05 pm
Again. Can’t Russ change the call at the line?
Not when they walk up to the line with 5 seconds left to snap the ball.
Seriously? A nine year vet can't get a play called? Colt McCoy - who hadn't played in years, had no problem getting plays called. The Lambs back up had no problem. The Redskins back up had no problem. Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Goff, Stafford, Wentz, Watson, Carr, Brees.... none of these QB's seem to have a problem getting a play called when we played. You can play the blame game all you want - at the end of the day it falls at Wilson's feet. If they aren't getting him a play - he needs to step in and say "c'mon, we gotta get moving here'. Or when he 'wishes they used more tempo' but never seems to suggest it, he needs to man up and demand it. He wants the luxury of hiding behind others when the systems fail, rather than stepping up with solutions, lest his 'brand' image be less than a good guy. He shirks blame. Period.

Like I said before - this season was a win for Wilson - it was all about brand building, Social Justice Warrioring, Podcasting, fragrance shilling, and winning an award that benefits no one but himself. He can do all that shit, but he can't change a play, or demand tempo or that plays come in faster? Please. That's utterly absurd. Once his MVP run fell away - he was visibly less interested in football. This is not the first time that Wilson has checked out for a few games. But he had plenty of focus for his clothing line and 'fragrance.'

douche

Post by douche » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:33 pm

Wilson's cap hit is pretty astronomical the next few years. Unfortunately, like Green Bay, SEA wasted Wilson's best years. No protection, a decent regular season W-L record, but no more titles. Ever since the goal line debacle against NE, this team has regressed. Honestly, I don't see another SB (or even another SB appearance) with Carroll as coach.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:52 pm

Wow, might be time for a fresh start for all involved. I wouldn't mind it a bit.
Joe Fann
@Joe_Fann
Russell Wilson:

"I'm frustrated with getting hit too much."
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:05 pm

He goes on the Dan Patrick show and says you have to ask the organization if I am available or not (which is true) and then schedules his own press conference to say he gets hit too much? He is pissed.

These QBs are forcing the issue. My guess is Russ thinks the grass is greener some where else.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:15 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:52 pm
Wow, might be time for a fresh start for all involved. I wouldn't mind it a bit.
Joe Fann
@Joe_Fann
Russell Wilson:

"I'm frustrated with getting hit too much."
And that fount of wisdom John Clayton dismissed the reports that i posted earlier as meaningless off-season chatter.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:18 pm

auroraave wrote:This article just meant to stir up the shit for clicks. Wake up. Just like "Wilson to the Giants" which was such blatant bullshit that I felt sorry for any schlub that actually bought into it. The media is starving for relevance - so you're getting 'articles' like this. C'mon, man.
Care to reconsider?