Report: Russell Wilson is frustrated with offensive line issues

Gametime

Re: Report: Russell Wilson is frustrated with offensive line issues

Post by Gametime » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:56 pm

Tired of getting hit too much? Don’t hold onto the ball so long. Throw short quick passes, make line calls, fight with Pete. Do something.

This maybe Russell’s polite way of wanting out.

Never, ever Russ the Greats Fault. It’s the line or the OC. Never Russ. Over and over. Excuse after excuse why not Russ.

Rogers and Mahomes have more MVPs than Russ has votes for MVP. Heck Brady has more Super Bowl MVPs than Russ has mvp votes.

Maybe the voters see what a Russ really is. Russ may think he’s better than he actually is. No LOB. No nfc champ appearance for Russ.

Take less money Russ if you want better players around you.

Pete has to be better- hell yes. John drafting is lacking-hell yes. But man does Russ get so many passes on fault giving.

I see why so many were pissed in how Russ was treated by Pete. I see.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:06 pm

Ironic that for all of his conservative decisions and holding on to the ball too long, he threw the most infamous pic in the history in the NFL because he threw it less than a second after he caught the snap.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:13 pm

A couple of contract ago I asked the question when would a QB take less to win? I was scoffed at. For all the talk of Brady doing it, that comparison is legit...both have wives that make a shit ton of money. Will be interested if he does something to free up space.

As for holding the ball too long? This isn’t going to change..but it wouldn’t take much to look at the end of the 2015 season to see how they can successfully run an offense with him getting the ball out. Hard for me to believe that worked so well, all the success we had in the passing game, and it was Russ that changed it.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:19 pm

I think the Holy Trinity of PC and JS and RW is irreparably broken. Not that they don't like each other....just that it seems that they have to try so hard to be successful offensively. Shouldn't be that difficult. Maybe Waldron is the white knight to save the day but I doubt it.
dt

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:30 pm

Good points DT.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:34 pm

Gametime wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:30 pm
Good points DT.
Thanks GT. :)
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:37 pm

Steve Pelisaro of PFF was on KJR last hour and blamed a lot of the sacks on Wilson (over a quarter were his fault). But, he also read off the pass block rankings for the Seahawks every year since RW began playing and it sounds like they have cumulatively been the worst in the league, finishing in the bottom 3 five times and never better than 18th. He also stressed that they grade pass blocking independently of factors (like sacks allowed) that the QB plays a role in.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:30 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:18 pm
auroraave wrote:This article just meant to stir up the shit for clicks. Wake up. Just like "Wilson to the Giants" which was such blatant bullshit that I felt sorry for any schlub that actually bought into it. The media is starving for relevance - so you're getting 'articles' like this. C'mon, man.
Care to reconsider?

haha! touche`. I Still think it's 95% being manufactured by the media. In no way does Wilson suggest he wants out or that he has an ax to grind with seattle. Dan patrick - pretty much the only 'talking head' I really like and respect, was really stirring the pot up too - playing up the sacks - and Wilson literally brings up holding the ball too long. So, I think I am right about it being stirred up - not really any smoke there - but Wilson is taking blame and I said he wasn't - I'll def eat shit on that one for sure - you should be calling me out on that. I'll concede that one. :lol:

And Wilson deserves credit for not stoking any fires and being completely professional - if not soft and evasive. I really do like the guy. It would not surprise me to see him have a huge 2021. His 10th in the league - he has a lot to prove and he is totally capable of greatness - when motivated. The dude still has an MVP to win to seal his legacy. Why not '21? Anything less smells like... (hushed whisper) "Mediocrity..."

Clip from the segment - good watch.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLFGq0bFMh ... 6eo362lmnm

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:51 am

The Hawks haven't had a competent O-Line since Breno Giacomini was on the team as the RT. It's as if the FO figures they can just put anyone (my long dead, 80 pound grandmother comes to mind) out there and Russ will be OK. Well, as we saw this year, they need to spend a few more bucks on protecting "The Franchise." It's nice that you spend boatloads of money on receivers, but if Russ can't get the time to get the ball to them, what good does it do? The Hawks O-Line has become similar to the Mariners relief pitchers. Just pick up any old arm that may have 20 innings left in them and with a little faith, trust, and Pixie Dust, things will work out.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:43 am

The Seahawks' pass blocking was bottom 5 in the league the year they won the Super Bowl according to PFF's grades. Giacomini and Sweezy were better run blockers than pass blockers and Okung missed 8 games. Backups Paul McQuistan and Michael Bowie also got 22 starts between them due to injuries to the starters.