Are the Hawks waiting to trade for.. .. Clowney?

ThePro

Re: Are the Hawks waiting to trade for.. .. Clowney?

Post by ThePro » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:34 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:59 pm
If they aren't desperate, they should be.
Desperation is not a good reason to make a trade like that. If the Hawks truly believe they are that deficient. Than they would be better served keeping that draft capital and rebuilding through the draft. I don't think it is as dire as some . There's some good pieces there..just young.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:44 pm

This will make you feel better Dt.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30000 ... among-fits
Seattle Seahawks: The Seahawks have a rare combination in today's NFL: Cap space and a willingness to take risks in trades, not to mention a screaming need for a pass rusher. General manager John Schneider has taken big swings before in deals for Duane Brown, Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham. I don't see a logical veteran piece for the Texans to take in the deal, but the Seahawks could offer a second-round pick and see if that's enough for the Texans to bite. Clowney could be a premier piece for the next iteration of the Seahawks to build around or he could potentially bring a compensatory pick in return if he leaves in 2020.
A second round pick? Are you shitting me? If they pulled that off Schneider should get GM of the century

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:51 pm

After fumbling Clowney's contract, the Texans have limited means of recovering the ball they dropped. They've dealt with the Seahawks before, and unlike New England, Seattle is an out-of-conference contender.

So consider the Seahawks as the best potential trade partner for the Texans in a Clowney deal, with New England as the darkhorse.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... tuo53r90kj

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:08 pm

D-train wrote:

Why would Seattle be desperate? This is not an 'all-in' season. No one is expecting a Super Bowl run, sans some Seahawks fans. They are not even the best team in their own division - at least on paper. They are pretty young an inexperienced in a few areas, with plenty of upside and potential. I don't understand how exactly they would be desperate. Some fans may be. Schneider doesn't make desperation moves - but he does make all-in moves in an all-in situation - like with Harvin, Dwayne Brown, Sheldon Richardson - moves specifically designed to put the team over the top for an expected SB run. Desperation moves are for the Jets, Raiders, Bills, Bengals, Redskins, Lions --teams that ain't going anywhere - and their front office mismanagement is a big reason why. Right now Seattle is sitting behind the Rams, Chargers, Saints, Bears, Chiefs, maybe NE and the Eagles. Wherever this perceived desperation is stemming from, is no reason to make a bad deal. Fans wanting Clowney does not make it desperate. If this was a make-or break season, you could make the argument - but it's not. Is Seattle an SB favorite?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:54 pm

auroraave wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:08 pm
D-train wrote:

Why would Seattle be desperate? This is not an 'all-in' season. No one is expecting a Super Bowl run, sans some Seahawks fans. They are not even the best team in their own division - at least on paper. They are pretty young an inexperienced in a few areas, with plenty of upside and potential. I don't understand how exactly they would be desperate. Some fans may be. Schneider doesn't make desperation moves - but he does make all-in moves in an all-in situation - like with Harvin, Dwayne Brown, Sheldon Richardson - moves specifically designed to put the team over the top for an expected SB run. Desperation moves are for the Jets, Raiders, Bills, Bengals, Redskins, Lions --teams that ain't going anywhere - and their front office mismanagement is a big reason why. Right now Seattle is sitting behind the Rams, Chargers, Saints, Bears, Chiefs, maybe NE and the Eagles. Wherever this perceived desperation is stemming from, is no reason to make a bad deal. Fans wanting Clowney does not make it desperate. If this was a make-or break season, you could make the argument - but it's not. Is Seattle an SB favorite?
With a good pass rush we could easily go to the SB.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:12 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:54 pm
auroraave wrote:
D-train wrote:

With a good pass rush we could easily go to the SB.
Adding Clowney would be a game changer... let there be no doubt.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:24 pm

auroraave wrote:
D-train wrote:

Its very possible to be desperate and still not do something stupid. Hundreds of Millions of financially desperate people all over the world make the decision every day to not rob a bank.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:30 pm

You still have not explained how Seattle is desperate. There is no pressure on them to win it all this season - literally no one is expecting that. The team has a ton of draft picks and cap next year. They hold all the cards. Specifically, how are they desperate? I have not heard anyone, anywhere suggesting there is all this pressure on them this season - so please enlighten me on the desperation part. Simple question - you brought it up. Who, specifically, is claiming they are in desperation mode, and therefore have to go after Clowney? Are you going to answer, or just tap dance around the question? Clowney being a nice acquisition is not the question - the question is how is Seattle desperate?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:52 pm

auroraave wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:30 pm
You still have not explained how Seattle is desperate. There is no pressure on them to win it all this season - literally no one is expecting that. The team has a ton of draft picks and cap next year. They hold all the cards. Specifically, how are they desperate? I have not heard anyone, anywhere suggesting there is all this pressure on them this season - so please enlighten me on the desperation part. Simple question - you brought it up. Who, specifically, is claiming they are in desperation mode, and therefore have to go after Clowney? Are you going to answer, or just tap dance around the question? Clowney being a nice acquisition is not the question - the question is how is Seattle desperate?
Wow, way to get triggered. They have a good team and their weakness was rushing the passer at the end of last season. Since then, they traded Clark, Collier got injured, Reed got suspended and Ziggy still hasn't even hit the field yet. So yeah, I would say they are a bit desperate for a pass rusher. Call me crazy. No pressure to win after making the playoffs last season and having a good draft and PC saying they go for it every year? If you say so. :|
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:51 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:52 pm
auroraave wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:30 pm
Wow, way to get triggered. They have a good team and their weakness was rushing the passer at the end of last season. Since then, they traded Clark, Collier got injured, Reed got suspended and Ziggy still hasn't even hit the field yet. So yeah, I would say they are a bit desperate for a pass rusher. Call me crazy. No pressure to win after making the playoffs last season and having a good draft and PC saying they go for it every year? If you say so. :|

So, me asking you to back up your claim about desperation mode = "being triggered'"? Thanks for clarifying that for me. I wasn't sure. Besides you - who is claiming Seattle is in desperation mode? They are not even the favorite to win their division - so - how exactly are they in desperation mode? You still have not answered the question. Your attempt at deflection by suggesting my query is somehow 'triggered' is cute and predictable - but in no way answers the question. Seattle would have to be in a position to win it all - no one anywhere is suggesting they are. So, I am curious where you get this notion. But that's cool - you don't have to answer. I'm sure your too busy with your other 54,000 posts to answer the question. I get it. "Triggered". That's too funny.