BWags done deal!

D-train

Re: BWags done deal!

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:31 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:35 pm

Great stuff from Mr. Wagner. Good for him.
Bobby Wagner on being his own agent during contract negotiations: “For me, it was just about education. It was about thinking about life after football because this is not going to last forever. I wanted to challenge myself with something other than football. I felt like this was something that I wanted to do, something I was preparing for, for a long time. I just wanted to challenge myself. Fortunate for me, I got to watch a couple guys do it before me and learn from what they did. This is really just about challenging myself and showing players that it’s an option. For me, it wasn’t about agents and all that stuff. It was about challenging myself and showing players there’s another option and showing players that no matter what you do, whether you have an agent or don’t have an agent, it’s really about educating yourself. Educating yourself in the business that you perform in. We know the statistics, we know that whatever we’ve done, a lot of us tend to go broke or don’t take good care of our money. I feel like it’s because we don’t educate yourself while we are here. We wait until we are done playing football and try to figure it out. This was me trying to educate myself before I get out there in the real world and actually have some real world experiences. Not everybody is going to tell you stuff that you want to hear. You have to be able to handle that. That’s kind of what it was for me.”
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:41 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:31 pm
good look at Barton's pick.

https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/115 ... camp%2F%3F
Where was Geno going with that pass?

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:11 am

Looks like to #48.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:36 pm

One minor suggestion for Bobby, if he really wants to enter the business world after football and be taken seriously he might want to come up with something other than "dope" to describe anything that's positive. I see that word used on FB all the time and it drives me nuts. Can't fathom how a word for drugs or a dumb person is now used to mean something great or cool.
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:53 am

$54 for #54. Clayton said today he didnt think Bobby could have done any better with an agent, and probably a lot of agents couldnt have gotten this good of a deal (let alone saving their fee).

on the other hand, i hear Barton was working at MLB today - i know we're all rightly excited by DK, but Cody seems to be advancing to the head of the draft class right along with him.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:45 am

57reasons wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:53 am
$54 for #54. Clayton said today he didnt think Bobby could have done any better with an agent, and probably a lot of agents couldnt have gotten this good of a deal (let alone saving their fee).

on the other hand, i hear Barton was working at MLB today - i know we're all rightly excited by DK, but Cody seems to be advancing to the head of the draft class right along with him.
Seems the all you have to do is be able to practice and you are already in the top 5 of the draft class. Can't believe all the injuries already.
dt