CJ Prosise is a f-ing pussy

D-train

CJ Prosise is a f-ing pussy

Post by D-train » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:15 pm

There I said it. So this guy has managed to play 16 out 48 games all while getting paid millions. Basically the most injury prone guy in Seahawks history. So finally we are hearing he is healthy and ready to go. Then just before Training camp starts he amazingly get the flu???? The flu. In the middle of summer.........And he can't practice.....on the very first day of camp. ARE YOU F-ING kidding me? When was the last time you got the flu???

What are the f-ing odds that he gets the flu........in the middle of July.......... on a beautiful day............and are so debilitated he can't practice.......in a non contact practice. What would have happened if he had practiced? Would he have died?? If I had a reputation like him I would have had to have been in a coma not to be on that practice field. The flu, which most people get once every few YEARS...in flu season, he gets in the middle of summer a day before Training camp starts.......What are the odds????????????????????????? Beyond belief.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: CJ Prosise is a f-ing pussy

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:55 pm

Maybe he spent the last couple weeks living on a pig farm and caught the swine flu. :?

Well, this fortunately should be his last season here. I don't care if he manages to stay healthy and contributes to the offense, I hope the Seahawks will cut bait with this guy. Signing him to anything over league minimum is a huge risk, especially if a significant portion of that is guaranteed.
Last edited by Sibelius Hindemith on Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:57 pm

Just a bit harsh there, Darren.

The flu can be serious, and people die from it. If I'm the Seahawks medical staff, I don't want him on the practice field even if he wants to be there.
Yeah, the guy can't stay on the field, and I will be more than happy to see Travis Homer take his spot on the roster, but he doesn't merit the scorn that you heap upon him.

IMHO

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:49 pm

I would say there's a better chance that he wins NFL MVP then there is that he has an actual strain of influenza right now.

Maybe he had the brown bottle flu. Guys play with the flu all the time and have no life-threatening ramifications
dt

Jack Merridew

Post by Jack Merridew » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:27 pm

I suppose it's possible he was willing to practice but that the coaches didn't want him near the other players and told him to stay away so he wouldn't transmit the illness. That's assuming he really is sick. I'm wondering if there was any medical diagnosis or if C.J. just told them it was the flu and they accepted that. It certainly is frustrating.

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:58 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:49 pm
I would say there's a better chance that he wins NFL MVP then there is that he has an actual strain of influenza right now.

Maybe he had the brown bottle flu. Guys play with the flu all the time and have no life-threatening ramifications
If so, I would expect that:

1) The team knows
2) His chances of being on the team on opening day would be slim and none.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:58 am

Jack Merridew wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:27 pm
I suppose it's possible he was willing to practice but that the coaches didn't want him near the other players and told him to stay away so he wouldn't transmit the illness. That's assuming he really is sick. I'm wondering if there was any medical diagnosis or if C.J. just told them it was the flu and they accepted that. It certainly is frustrating.
Flu like symptoms is my guess. I really doubt they did testing on him. Sure he might of woke up and felt like hell but he had two choices. One was to think to himself, "Damn I am going to look so weak if I tell them I can't practice because of an upset tummy after missing 32 games in 3 years, I think I will just fight through it for two hours." The other was to do what he did. How many guys in the NFL do you think would have chosen the latter.

I think of the hundreds and thousands of college players over the years with less talent who would have given their left nut to play in the NFL and this guy has all the talent in the world and finds any way possible to avoid taking the field. If you don't like football just quit. He is already set for life.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:59 am

Oso Dorado wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:58 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:49 pm

If so, I would expect that:

1) The team knows
2) His chances of being on the team on opening day would be slim and none.
btw I am not tweeting this to him and he will never see my postings here so it really doesn't matter how harsh or not harsh I am in terms of harming his ego.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:03 pm

So, did he return to practice yet or does he have a new injury/illness/mental condition?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:45 pm

Thank God! Looks like he made a miraculous recovery. I am thankful he survived his bout with influenza, a potentially life threatening affliction. Hopefully he get a flu shot next June to prevent a recurrence.
Wilson also had red-zone touchdown throws to C.J. Prosise in the flat on the right side, and another to J.D. McKissic on the left (beating Barton’s coverage).
RENTON — We inched closer to some real football.

Defensive players were allowed to, well, play a little defense during the Seahawks’ third practice of training camp Sunday morning, after NFL rules mandated two no-contact practices to begin camp.

There still wasn’t any contact for the Seahawks on Sunday — players were again in jerseys and shorts, no pads — a change of course from the past. Even veteran linebacker K.J. Wright was surprised at the restrictions for Day 3.

“In my whole tenure, we always put pads on for the third day. No explanation,” Wright said. “I was like, ‘OK, whatever.’ We’ll put (pads) on tomorrow. It’s all good.”

The intensity did ratchet up ever so Sunday — perhaps Bobby Wagner‘s return had a little to do with that — and figure that will escalate even more for Monday’s fourth practice … assuming the Seahawks are indeed in pads.

We’re all itching for a little real football, no?

Play of the day
Rookie linebacker Cody Barton made a diving interception of a Geno Smith pass near the goal line during a red-zone drill. Barton, the Seahawks’ third-round pick out of Utah, impressed coaches and teammates during OTAs with his maturity and ability to learn the playbook, and that’s carrying over into camp.

“Cody’s amazing,” Wright said. “He’s really good. He’s a good young rookie. He picks things up really good. I believe that he’s going to have a real good career. Once we put the pads on, there’s going to be some things he’s got to learn as far as taking on blocks and tackling that we’ll correct as well, but I’m glad to see he’s doing so well so far.”

ADVERTISING

The red-zone periods were otherwise productive for the offense.

Russell Wilson‘s best throw of the day might have been a 15-yard touchdown pass to Keenan Reynolds, who tip-toed the left side of the end zone to complete the catch. Reynolds the posed for fans packed in along the south end of the VMAC berm.

Wilson also had red-zone touchdown throws to C.J. Prosise in the flat on the right side, and another to J.D. McKissic on the left (beating Barton’s coverage).

Injury report
— Linebacker Justin Currie had a nice interception off Paxton Lynch during 7-on-7 but appeared to pull his hamstring on the play.

— Safety Lano Hill (hip) is expected to be out at least another couple of weeks, Pete Carroll said. That would help explain the need to re-sign veteran DeShawn Shead on Saturday.

— Tight end Will Dissly took his first team snaps of camp. He didn’t have any targets, but he does appear closer and closer to a full participate.

— Rookies Marquise Blair (hamstring) and Ben Burr-Kirven (sports hernia surgery) did not participate. Each had helmets on and did some early work but did not take part in team drills.

ADVERTISING

— Cornerback Simeon Thomas was not in attendance for an undisclosed reason.

Quotable
“If a guy’s going to get paid (top dollar), you want it to be a guy like that. … He’s a beautiful illustration of what you want a young man to be.” — Pete Carroll, speaking publicly for the first time about Bobby Wagner‘s new contract

Next up
The fourth practice of camp (and *hopefully* the first in pads) is scheduled for 10:15 a.m. Monday at the VMAC.

Highlights

Bob Condotta
@bcondotta
Bobby Wagner in getting the deal done.

Embedded video
12:22 PM - Jul 28, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See Bob Condotta's other Tweets

Bob Condotta
@bcondotta
Your daily DK.

Embedded video
10:42 AM - Jul 28, 2019
30 people are talking about this

Adam Jude
@A_Jude
Day 3 of Seahawks camp.

Embedded video
10:51 AM - Jul 28, 2019
See Adam Jude's other Tweets

Adam Jude
@A_Jude
Pete Carroll on Bobby Wagner’s new deal: “If a guy’s going to get paid (top dollar), you want it to be a guy like that. ... He’s a beautiful illustration of what you want a young man to be.”

Embedded video
12:12 PM - Jul 28, 2019

Adam Jude
@A_Jude
· 2h
K.J. Wright on Bobby Wagner: "We got Bobby back — hands down the best offseason move this team could make. He’s the leader of this team, a leader in this community, a great face for this organization. ... The first two days just didn’t feel right without him out there."

Adam Jude
@A_Jude
Wright on Wagner representing himself in negotiations: "He did his homework, he stayed patient. He knew his worth and stuck with it. That’s very impressive. I know I couldn’t do it."

12:55 PM - Jul 28, 2019

Tony Blakeley
@Cyoplasm
Cody Barton intercepts Geno Smith

Embedded video
11:40 AM - Jul 28, 2019
101 people are talking about this
dt