Malik McDowell article

maoling

Re: Malik McDowell article

Post by maoling » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:52 pm

Just a sad story all the way around...yes he had some issues before he was drafted but you wonder what might have happened had he never bought that ATV. Had he the chance to mature under the tutelage of the Seahawks' F.O. and team leaders, this might well have been a triumphant story instead of a tragic one.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:13 pm

interesting they claim his behavior after the accident is different from before it, the evidence points at that as well. They describe the reasons for his falling in the draft, his difficulty with his coaches, fall off in performance, that was what i had read about, it wasn't legal issues. He was a gifted player PC felt confident he could reach and coach, a steal at that point in the draft if Pete gets his chance to coach him.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:34 pm

So, according to him he has been cleared to play, but it was traumatic head injuries that made him act out? Those two stories seem to contradict each other...no?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:59 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:34 pm
So, according to him he has been cleared to play, but it was traumatic head injuries that made him act out? Those two stories seem to contradict each other...no?
Cleared to play football but not cleared to function normally in society.
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:31 pm

I wonder just how badly he cracked his head. It's very possible that the injury has altered his personality in a really bad way. This happened to my mom who was in a motorcycle wreck in 1988, and she suffered severe head injuries among other things. The head injuries totally changed her personality. Thankfully not in a violent way, but a lot of major OCD kind of stuff and problems with processing words in her head. And really oddly, she never watched Seahawk or Mariner games before the accident, but after she healed somewhat she started watching them all the time and still does to this day.

And I've heard stories about other people who suffer head injuries and become entirely different people. That's got to be really hard on the family to have to get to know an entirely new person.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:48 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:31 pm
I wonder just how badly he cracked his head. It's very possible that the injury has altered his personality in a really bad way. This happened to my mom who was in a motorcycle wreck in 1988, and she suffered severe head injuries among other things. The head injuries totally changed her personality. Thankfully not in a violent way, but a lot of major OCD kind of stuff and problems with processing words in her head. And really oddly, she never watched Seahawk or Mariner games before the accident, but after she healed somewhat she started watching them all the time and still does to this day.

And I've heard stories about other people who suffer head injuries and become entirely different people. That's got to be really hard on the family to have to get to know an entirely new person.
sorry to hear that for your mom David. strangely, i once saw a 60 minutes episode about miraculous/mysterious cases where after recovering from major trauma, people emerge actually fluent in a language they never spoke before, or expert in some field they had not previously been. if only he had had that kind of experience. (course it wouldnt have made us any happier with him as Seahawk fans!)

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:18 pm

Could the brain injury have effected his behavior is not my question. My question is how can he say that he has been cleared to play football, but also blame a brain injury for his criminal activities?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:27 pm

Don't want to mike light of David's post but I often wonder if people think I have had a head injury due to the fact that I'm an M's fan. :)
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:45 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:27 pm
Don't want to mike light of David's post but I often wonder if people think I have had a head injury due to the fact that I'm an M's fan. :)
Yeah, I've wondered myself if I shaved my head would I find a horseshoe print.