Lj Collier carted off

Michael K.

Re: Lj Collier carted off

Post by Michael K. » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:42 pm

And why would Britt dive into Fant's knee? They both play O Line.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:46 pm

Thought i heard it on the radio yesterday. Something about Brown jumping and coming down on L.J.'s ankle or lower leg causing his ankle to buckle during a drill or scrimmage.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:49 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:42 pm
Apparently you have totally forgotten what happened. Britt was going low for a chop block or something, missed the defender and crashed into Fant's knee. It happened. Pre-season 2017. Believe it or not.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:18 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:49 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:42 pm
Apparently you have totally forgotten what happened. Britt was going low for a chop block or something, missed the defender and crashed into Fant's knee. It happened. Pre-season 2017. Believe it or not.
But that isn't malicious, that is part of being on the line of scrimmage. The worst sprained ankle I ever had was an O Lineman rolling into me, and I was a freaking WR!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:28 pm

Right, i wasn't saying it was malicious. Just needless.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:21 am

Well LJ somehow has a "RARE" Sprain. I am sure it will go down in medical journals as the LJ sprain, similar to how tendon replacement surgery in pitchers is called TJ surgery. And in other news, Reed has learned his lesson about Domestic violence but is now focusing on TV (Teammate violence)

http://sportspressnw.com/2243763/2019/c ... s-fighters
dt

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:08 am

ThePro wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:26 am
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:05 pm
Bottom Line. you build from the front back. Was Clark the best, no. Was he good. Hell yeah. Did Wilson need his massive extension THIS YEAR, NO. Remember he still had 1 year remaining on his last deal. He could of sucked it up like a pro & waited his turn. You pay talent & that talent included Frank Clark. Said it then & I'll say it now, not one of Schneiders brightest moments.
If they didn't sign Wilson it was franchise tag or walk. Your reasoning is flawed big time. Waiting wouldn't have given them cap relief. That makes no sense. Hawks don't have cap issues. They could have signed Wilson ,Wagner and Clark. Some of you are presenting it like it was a "either or" scenario. Hawks didn't want to commit that much money to Clark.
What happened to building from the front back. One of the main 4 priorities on a roster (QB, LT, pass rusher, lockdown corner). They have 2 of the 4, apparently a good to great pass rusher wasn't on their priority list. Yes he could've waited don't give me that shit. No he wasn't leaving, Russ ain't one of those guys. That's all agent talk. What like suddenly Pete & John were trying to screw him over from day one. He wasn't gonna pull an Earl & holdout, Russ ain't that kind of guy. Yes he could've of sucked it up a year & waited, & probably got more. Clark was one of the core members of that defense.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:46 am

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:08 am

What happened to building from the front back. One of the main 4 priorities on a roster (QB, LT, pass rusher, lockdown corner). They have 2 of the 4, apparently a good to great pass rusher wasn't on their priority list. Yes he could've waited don't give me that shit. No he wasn't leaving, Russ ain't one of those guys. That's all agent talk. What like suddenly Pete & John were trying to screw him over from day one. He wasn't gonna pull an Earl & holdout, Russ ain't that kind of guy. Yes he could've of sucked it up a year & waited, & probably got more. Clark was one of the core members of that defense.
Building "front to back"? Is there some universal team building rule book out there no one has heard of but you?

Resigning Clark wouldn't be building now would it? Have you ever thought that the Hawks might like the potential of Collier more than Clark?

Wilson waiting another year would have zero impact on whether Clark was signed or not. Hawks had the space to do Wagner, Wilson and Clark.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:10 pm

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:08 am
ThePro wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:26 am
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:05 pm
Bottom Line. you build from the front back. Was Clark the best, no. Was he good. Hell yeah. Did Wilson need his massive extension THIS YEAR, NO. Remember he still had 1 year remaining on his last deal. He could of sucked it up like a pro & waited his turn. You pay talent & that talent included Frank Clark. Said it then & I'll say it now, not one of Schneiders brightest moments.
If they didn't sign Wilson it was franchise tag or walk. Your reasoning is flawed big time. Waiting wouldn't have given them cap relief. That makes no sense. Hawks don't have cap issues. They could have signed Wilson ,Wagner and Clark. Some of you are presenting it like it was a "either or" scenario. Hawks didn't want to commit that much money to Clark.
RW is making $24.5 million in 2019 vs. about $22MM he would have made in his old deal. So I guess if Clark would have been happy making 2.5MM this year you might be right about him leaving because RW got extended a year early like every other NFL star does.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:20 pm

Oh wait we still have $20MM in cap space
Total Cap Liabilities: $188,674,761 Top 51: $150,458,883 Team Cap Space: $20,327,497
Offense: $93,772,007 Defense: $72,049,485 Special: $3,862,538
So looks like it had absolutely zero to do with RW.
dt