Is this the year RW wins MVP?

Michael K.

Re: Is this the year RW wins MVP?

Post by Michael K. » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:43 pm

auroraave wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:00 pm

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but if Seattle makes the playoffs on the back of RW and the offense really shines - i don't know that they have to have the gaudy stats. He was a candidate before and didn't have gaudy stats. Each situation is different. he'll have to have a special season, for sure, but I don't at all believe he needs to throw for 5000 yards or have 50 td's. RW checks a lot of boxes out of the gate - he's been successful, he's won a ring, he's always in the playoffs, he's the face of he franchise, he's never in trouble. He's a candidate out of the gate, IMO. They have to finish strong though. It won't be won before December - and that's a bonus considering how often this offense has gotten out of the gate slowly. But - that was because of horrific o-line play - now they have a strong unit that can ground and pound until the aerial attack gels with the new toys.

Who knows - but it's going to be interesting, for sure.
I don't disagree with that at all. I just know how the voting goes, and unless we are like 13-3, it will go to some QB putting up stupid stats and winning an easy division! LOL

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:44 pm

Oh,,, I think the gaudy stats are coming. If you have offensive talent you use it. Hawks have alot of young talent and a experienced QB. is Bevell is gone.

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:46 pm

If we don't get a good enough pass rush, Russell may have to throw some more in order to stay ahead. I might point out that the defensive backfield has some question marks as well. Talent, yes, but question marks.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:00 am

Oso Dorado wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:46 pm
If we don't get a good enough pass rush, Russell may have to throw some more in order to stay ahead. I might point out that the defensive backfield has some question marks as well. Talent, yes, but question marks.
Good points, Ron. Now I would like to hear what your alter ego, Frank thinks. ;)
dt

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:23 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:00 am
Oso Dorado wrote:
Good points, Ron. Now I would like to hear what your alter ego, Frank thinks. ;)
Sometimes Frank is hard to pin down. :ugeek: Last time we communicated, he seemed pretty optimistic. I think he likes our prospects.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:47 am

Oso Dorado wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:23 am
D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:00 am
Oso Dorado wrote:
Sometimes Frank is hard to pin down. :ugeek: Last time we communicated, he seemed pretty optimistic. I think he likes our prospects.
:D I will let AT know. ;)
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:44 pm

may be time to revisit this silly notion...

the kid is ballin' out of his mind.

Hasslecracked

Post by Hasslecracked » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:57 pm

He's definitely a finalist. It's looking like it's down to Russ or Lamar Jackson

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:58 pm

Hasslecracked wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:57 pm
He's definitely a finalist. It's looking like it's down to Russ or Lamar Jackson
I think that if the Panthers continue to contend that Run CMC will be in the mix too. But have to agree that as of now, it should be Jackson and Russ. I sure didn't think we would give him the opportunities to do this, but glad we did.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:19 pm

here RW is leading the MVP race at the halfway point, for as good a season as McCaffrey is having he doesn't really see him getting into the MVP race...some nice things to say about MK and rookie of the year

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/280 ... okies-more