Seahawks look like **** game thread

Michael K.

Re: Seahawks look like **** game thread

Post by Michael K. » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:54 pm

DK's numbers would have been eye popping if it was Russ throwing him those deep balls and not Geno. The air Russ puts on the ball gives a big guy that has position like DK a chance to make the grab. The throws Geno gave him were horrid, IMO.

I do like what I saw from Jazz and the Ursua kid. I also liked what I saw out of Bo Scarborough. Disclaimer: I realize Bo played against mostly backups, and since his days at Alabama I have been enamored with him, but I did like what I saw. I can't say the same for Penny. His first carry there was a giant hole and he fell on his ass. His second carry the rookie LT got beat, but instead of doing what Chris Carson and Marshawn Lynch have done for this team, hit it and fall forward, he stopped his feet and got engulfed for a three yard loss. Besides one screen pass that was beautifully designed and blocked up perfectly, the guy did nothing. I know he has talent, but when are we going to see it besides on one or two break outs? I like the thirty and forty yard scampers just like the next guy, but we can't survive the multiple third and longs we are in waiting for it to happen because he can't consistently gain yards.

The defense was bend but don't break, but honestly I thought looked better than I had anticipated. I like the young LBs, and the Safety from Utah. I felt the defenseless receiver call on him was ticky tack. He actually stopped, turned his head and practically just stood there with his shoulder turned letting the receiver hit him! I guess the answer when a QB tries to get his WR killed is to destroy their knees? Or simply stand there and hope the guy doesn't make a leaping catch?

Special teams looked good...and the officiating was garbage.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:33 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:39 pm

Right, i understand that DK is the better athlete. Try to calm down and not be so defensive about him. You aren't the only one who is excited by his potential.
I am calm but what you wrote is bullshit and deserving of my response.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:41 am

Oso Dorado wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:46 pm
trharder wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:23 am
That Ursua kid, who I've never heard of before, had some ADB moves there.
Traded back into the draft to take him in the seventh round. I like him, I think either he or Ferguson makes the team. We'll see.
Geno has more NFL experience, but I think Paxton has the greater upside. I would like a back up that could actually win a game. That's one of the key battles of the preseason.
Since neither will be playing, and even if they did, the season is screwed anyhow, the cheapest contract between Smith or Lynch please.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:51 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:41 am
Oso Dorado wrote:
trharder wrote:
Traded back into the draft to take him in the seventh round. I like him, I think either he or Ferguson makes the team. We'll see.
Geno has more NFL experience, but I think Paxton has the greater upside. I would like a back up that could actually win a game. That's one of the key battles of the preseason.
Since neither will be playing, and even if they did, the season is screwed anyhow, the cheapest contract between Smith or Lynch please.
Kind of like worrying about the Orioles back up shortstop in the 90s.
dt

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:34 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:41 am
Oso Dorado wrote:
trharder wrote:
Mr. Internet (speaking through Spotrac) says that:

Geno Smith $895,000 with $25,000 guaranteed at signing. - UFA at end of the year.
Paxton Lynch $645,000, nothing guaranteed - RFA at end of the year.
JT Barrett $540,000J.T. Barrett signed a 2 year, $1,080,000 contract with the Seattle Seahawks, including an average annual salary of $540,000. In 2019, Barrett will earn a base salary of $495,000, while carrying a cap hit of $495,000. Nothing showing as guaranteed.

That certainly favors Lynch over Smith, but J.T. becomes the X factor.

I would also say that while I don't want to see any of them in the regular season, I am not as sanguine about not needing a backup. Failing to plan is planning to fail. Have the best back up you can. The difference in money is not significant when compared to the value of winning just one game.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:16 pm

Agree that the money is meaningless at those levels. I am rooting for Lynch given watched him star in a game for Memphis about 4 years ago and thought he would be a good NFL QB. Would like to think I will be less wrong about him in the future.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:10 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:16 pm
Agree that the money is meaningless at those levels. I am rooting for Lynch given watched him star in a game for Memphis about 4 years ago and thought he would be a good NFL QB. Would like to think I will be less wrong about him in the future.
I was mainly being sarcastic. But count me in as a +1 on the P. Lynch train please.