Let's Ride! Broncos' Country Amusement Thread

Michael K.

Re: Let's Ride! Broncos' Country Amusement Thread

Post by Michael K. » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:33 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:15 pm
Clever clock management by Payton.

Lot murmuring about Russell getting traded again
I didn't see any of it. What happened? I looked and they were down a couple of scores, and I couldn't believe it.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:51 am

Paton called a pair of TOs when the pats seemed to be playing for OT. So they connect on a pass that set up the winning FG

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:23 am

Not necessarily trading him but there is talk about cutting him. It won't save his salary this season But they then don't have to pay him for 2025. If they do cut him, some team could literally pay him nothing for a one year rental and see how things work out if they want him for 2025. Not suggesting the Seahawks grab him if this occurs, but it they draft a QB inb the first round, it gives that guy a chance to mature for a year and them let Wilson go.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:14 pm

The 'trade Russ' ilk are cute. The "cut Russ" ilk are even better. To cut The Great Cringe would put the Donkey's in a cap hit scenario next season of around $85 million. How are you gonna pay the rest of the team? His contract is guaranteed. What makes me smile the biggest is there are actually functioning adults that believe another team would someone WANT to trade for wilson's absolute roster-crushing contract. Who? WHO is this stupid? No ownership group or fan base would allow this. None. Donkey's are fucked. payton making lemonade until he can move on from him with a lesser damage to the cap. I see no way they aren't stuck with him through next year. It makes no fiscal sense otherwise. He is untradable and unwanted - donkey fans hate him. Dude got exactly what he wanted and it completely blew up in his face. Wilson is the gift that keeps on giving... or is it the grift that keeps on grifting? Mmmmm... smells like Mediocrity!

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:22 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:14 pm
The 'trade Russ' ilk are cute. The "cut Russ" ilk are even better. To cut The Great Cringe would put the Donkey's in a cap hit scenario next season of around $85 million. How are you gonna pay the rest of the team? His contract is guaranteed. What makes me smile the biggest is there are actually functioning adults that believe another team would someone WANT to trade for wilson's absolute roster-crushing contract. Who? WHO is this stupid? No ownership group or fan base would allow this. None. Donkey's are fucked. payton making lemonade until he can move on from him with a lesser damage to the cap. I see no way they aren't stuck with him through next year. It makes no fiscal sense otherwise. He is untradable and unwanted - donkey fans hate him. Dude got exactly what he wanted and it completely blew up in his face. Wilson is the gift that keeps on giving... or is it the grift that keeps on grifting? Mmmmm... smells like Mediocrity!
Don't they have the same cap hit whether they keep him or cut him? Seems like a sunk cost but I am happily not a NFL salary cap expert.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:44 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:22 pm
auroraave wrote:
Don't they have the same cap hit whether they keep him or cut him? Seems like a sunk cost but I am happily not a NFL salary cap expert.
I don't think it's the same thing - it's not his one year salary that is the cap hit - the whole thing is guaranteed so the money is still owed and counts against the cap based on how they spread it out (salary vs 'bonuses', etal). You can't just cut him without paying a portion of that.

Here is the greatest thing on the internet right now... can't stop laughing! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
The Great Cringe!.jpg
The Great Cringe!.jpg (74.91 KiB) Viewed 355 times

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:30 pm

I guess they would also have to pay some other guy QB1 money and or use their draft capital on a QB while admitting the made the worst player personal decision in NFL history. All of that and the cap hit might be too big a pill to swallow...
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:39 pm

auroraave wrote:
Dude got exactly what he wanted and it completely blew up in his face. Wilson is the gift that keeps on giving... or is it the grift that keeps on grifting? Mmmmm... smells like Mediocrity!
That is the part I love the best. Acted like a petulant child during pretty much every single contract negotiation. His Jack Ass agent talking about "resetting the market" and bringing up baseball contracts, since that is all he knew. Russ's trip around the world talking shit about playing in New York, pouting like a fucking baby at the Super Bowl and pretending that he could hold a candle to Mahomes or Brady. The guy was physically responsible for the worst Super Bowl loss in the History of the NFL, and got off scott free, and STILL didn't understand how fucking easy he had it here. Leaves, and ends up ruining so many lives.

When Stink ripped him on air for the fact that his antics cost people jobs, I thought it was very fitting. The guy doesn't care though. His ego is his downfall, but he sure doesn't seem to pay for it nearly enough. During their winning streak, where they were a Pat Mahomes flu bug and a Buffalo Bills debacle away from starting this season off 2 and 7, and needed a late FG to beat the Packers for win 2? He was actually again PRAISED for being a game manager. For accepting his role!? All the BS I read about how great he was and all the Sean Payton love made me sick to my stomach. The guy is almost as Teflon as Pete Carroll. It blows me away. Nothing either of them ever do wrong ends up effecting their careers. They very next half way decent thing they do is all people focus on.

My sister and I got into it on Christmas Eve about the Hawks. She was talking about how the 49ers would be in salary cap Hell very soon, this and that. I said, "yeah, I always hear that about the Rams, and they have a ring and a playoff win over us, and are right now back to the same position we are. We have one playoff win since second and goal. You wouldn't take a ring?" They missed the playoffs when Stafford got hurt, we missed the playoffs when Russ got hurt. How is that so different? Everyone in our division has been to the NFC Championship game since we have....the Rams and 49ers have been their twice, they have both won once and the Rams have a ring. But? We have one playoff win since the damn worst play in Super Bowl history, and everyone else does it wrong!? WTF?

Sorry, that is off topic, but in my eyes the two are very similar. Pete and Russ will forever be tied together. Shit, a few weeks ago in here people were questioning if we made the right decision keeping Pete and not Russ. I'd rather not have either.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:31 pm

From the article I read, and I can't find it right now. If they cut him before March, they'd still have to pay him $35 million for 2024 but they'd be off the hook for his salary in 2025. And honestly, if they did cut him, he could sign for the NFL minimum and still make that $35 mil. So who might step up for that? The Jets? Giants? Washington? The Patriots?

douche

Post by douche » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:30 pm

auroraave wrote:
What makes me smile the biggest is there are actually functioning adults that believe another team would someone WANT to trade for wilson's absolute roster-crushing contract. Who? WHO is this stupid? No ownership group or fan base would allow this. None.
There are some pretty dumb franchises out there.