Predictions

Oso Dorado

Predictions

Post by Oso Dorado » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:37 pm

I just had to share this from the Sporting News
Seattle Seahawks
Joke's on us for thinking Seattle would struggle last season. Lesson learned, especially for a team that went 10-6 and could be even better in 2019. The Seahawks think they finally have their offensive line settled. Their running game is versatile. Their defense, though not exactly LOB 2.0, is more than serviceable.
Last year, the meshing of coach Pete Carroll, defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer yielded surprisingly strong results. This year, with some continuity now on their side along with strong personnel, the Seahawks aren't sneaking up on anybody.
After saying all this, lesson learned, not sneaking up on anybody, etc
Prediction 8-8
Nope, won’t get fooled again - no sirree

D-train

Re: Predictions

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:45 pm

Oso Dorado wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:37 pm
I just had to share this from the Sporting News
Seattle Seahawks
Joke's on us for thinking Seattle would struggle last season. Lesson learned, especially for a team that went 10-6 and could be even better in 2019. The Seahawks think they finally have their offensive line settled. Their running game is versatile. Their defense, though not exactly LOB 2.0, is more than serviceable.
Last year, the meshing of coach Pete Carroll, defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer yielded surprisingly strong results. This year, with some continuity now on their side along with strong personnel, the Seahawks aren't sneaking up on anybody.
After saying all this, lesson learned, not sneaking up on anybody, etc
Prediction 8-8
Nope, won’t get fooled again - no sirree
Unreal. Was that BC or AC. Before or After Clowney?
dt

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:52 pm

Actually, it is before. Article dated 08/09/2019
It does beg the question of how many wins the Hawks will have. The road schedule is tough, so I am not thinking 13-3, but I expect double figures at minimum, 11-5 fairly certain, and 12 or more if defense gels quickly
After game 2, the path will be clearer

ice99

Post by ice99 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:01 pm

Here's another 8-8 prediction before Clowney.

https://www.sbnation.com/a/nfl-preview- ... e-seahawks

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:04 pm

Oso Dorado wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:52 pm
Actually, it is before. Article dated 08/09/2019
It does beg the question of how many wins the Hawks will have. The road schedule is tough, so I am not thinking 13-3, but I expect double figures at minimum, 11-5 fairly certain, and 12 or more if defense gels quickly
After game 2, the path will be clearer
Precisely where I am.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:06 pm

dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:43 pm

If only we had a reliable WAR stat for football players. Then you would have to be able to divide his snaps among numerous other players (e.g. Mingo, Martin, Green, Collier, Jefferson) for the sake of comparison.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:12 pm

I will go with 10-6, hopefully that is conservative. What i predict is pretty much a classic PC football season. We have seen before how they can seem unprepared at the beginning of a season, I think we could see that this year. Its been pointed out how young they are. I am particularly concerned about the passing game, that could look a bit rough. And some of the elements of the defense, it could take a few games to get Clowney figured in most effectively. I think this is a team that will really take off the second half of the season...

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:14 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:12 pm
I will go with 10-6, hopefully that is conservative. What i predict is pretty much a classic PC football season. We have seen before how they can seem unprepared at the beginning of a season, I think we could see that this year. Its been pointed out how young they are. I am particularly concerned about the passing game, that could look a bit rough. And some of the elements of the defense, it could take a few games to get Clowney figured in most effectively. I think this is a team that will really take off the second half of the season...
I'm at 11-5. I obviously agree on the slow starts. Thankfully we have the cookie game one. If we beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh it's Katie bar the door.
dt

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:45 pm

11-6?
Do we have a ‘friendly’ during the bye week?