Future of Pete - random ranting

trharder

Future of Pete - random ranting

Post by trharder » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:04 am

It's time to let Pete go. Pete rightly won the power struggle with RW, but now Pete has had two years removed from RW.
The first year there appeared to be hope, but this team didn't take a step forward this year.
That's enough. The magic is not going to return. Hire a young guy that is more in tune with today's NFL. Let him bring his own staff
and pick his own starting QB.
I was at the game today and probably saw the same things the rest of you saw, but it's bizarre to me how shitty the defense is at this
point in the season with basically your own fate in your hands. To lay an egg today is inexcusable. The Steelers were man-handling the
Seahawks at the line of scrimmage. My most undeniable truth is if you can't stop the other team from running on you, you will lose.
The coverage issues we saw in the first embarrassing game of the season with the Rams were there the same today.
Tariq Woolen should be cut. He's not worth a fuck. Most of you probably already know this, but I learned today that our first-round pick,
who is already on the back of many fan jerseys, The Spoon, is only on the field 1/3 of the time. That seems like a lot of draft capital
on a player who's not on the field all the time.
My wife and I sat today in the south endzone and I had a flashback to sitting in the same endzone watching a game against the Rams when
we still had the legit Legion of Boom defense. I remember looking at the names on the back of those jerseys. Bobby, KJ, Kam, Earl,
Sherm, Bennett, Avirl. The 12th man at mind-numbing loud. The Rams were at the 10 and coming right at me. I Just Fucking Knew they
could not score. (they didn't). Today, there is just old Bobby. None of the other names are worth mentioning. They can't stop a cold.
The 12th man is just like them. Nothing like their former glory. Steeler fans everywhere, shitting all over our once-great tradition.
I knew "clutch Geno" was a hoax. Hoaxes have become obvious over the last 4 years. The same people perpetrate them over and over.
But Geno doesn't deserve all the blame when the defense is this bad.

Gametime

Re: Future of Pete - random ranting

Post by Gametime » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:45 am

Spoon is a great player when he can play. He an aggressive player who hits hard, but is small and light, and it has already taken a toll. And got into peoples faces and made exactly 1 play all game. 1. That is the problem. The mistake was spending so much on the defensive backfield. They should be fired for that alone.

2 firsts and a 3rd for Adams
Huge contract for Adams
Huge contract for Diggs
#5 for Spoon
6 million a year for Love

Maybe spend that capital on the Dline.

Just tired of listening to Pete.

acctingman

Post by acctingman » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:13 am

Sadly, Pete won't get fired. Jody A doesn't give 2 shits about this team. Hopefully we get a local ownership group who gives a fuck and has a clue. New ownership job #1....fire Pete if he hasn't left already.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:52 am

So who would you like to replace Pete?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:54 am

Dan Quinn

trharder

Post by trharder » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:51 pm

ddraig wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:52 am
If I was Jody Allen, I would delegate the decision to John Schneider.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:44 pm

trharder wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:04 am
It's time to let Pete go. Pete rightly won the power struggle with RW, but now Pete has had two years removed from RW.
The first year there appeared to be hope, but this team didn't take a step forward this year.
That's enough. The magic is not going to return. Hire a young guy that is more in tune with today's NFL. Let him bring his own staff
and pick his own starting QB.
I was at the game today and probably saw the same things the rest of you saw, but it's bizarre to me how shitty the defense is at this
point in the season with basically your own fate in your hands. To lay an egg today is inexcusable. The Steelers were man-handling the
Seahawks at the line of scrimmage. My most undeniable truth is if you can't stop the other team from running on you, you will lose.
The coverage issues we saw in the first embarrassing game of the season with the Rams were there the same today.
Tariq Woolen should be cut. He's not worth a fuck. Most of you probably already know this, but I learned today that our first-round pick,
who is already on the back of many fan jerseys, The Spoon, is only on the field 1/3 of the time. That seems like a lot of draft capital
on a player who's not on the field all the time.
My wife and I sat today in the south endzone and I had a flashback to sitting in the same endzone watching a game against the Rams when
we still had the legit Legion of Boom defense. I remember looking at the names on the back of those jerseys. Bobby, KJ, Kam, Earl,
Sherm, Bennett, Avirl. The 12th man at mind-numbing loud. The Rams were at the 10 and coming right at me. I Just Fucking Knew they
could not score. (they didn't). Today, there is just old Bobby. None of the other names are worth mentioning. They can't stop a cold.
The 12th man is just like them. Nothing like their former glory. Steeler fans everywhere, shitting all over our once-great tradition.
I knew "clutch Geno" was a hoax. Hoaxes have become obvious over the last 4 years. The same people perpetrate them over and over.
But Geno doesn't deserve all the blame when the defense is this bad.
Great post. I remember being in that same endzone with my wife and former Times forum poster Kevin Findley in 2013. He had driven all the way from Montana for his first ever Hawks game. We went to a Pioneer Square Bar prior and the Seahawks Band, Blue Thunder arrived and played at the bar and then led a mini Parade with hundreds of fans following as we marched into battle. The crowd was deafening during one fourth down stop and he was so overcome with emotion he not only had tears in his eyes, they were streaming down his face. I will never forget that moment as long as I live........now that all is just a distant memory and reality is barely a compromised fragile shell of that amazing day.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:54 pm

trharder wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:51 pm
ddraig wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:52 am
If I was Jody Allen, I would delegate the decision to John Schneider.
JS isn't firing PC.

If we lose next week I think massive changes are in order including PC no longer being HC.

No idea why anyone thinks Jody isn't engaged. Because she's a girl? LOL

The Stroud pick is announced on TV, and Arizona is on the clock with the third pick. The Seahawks, who hold the 5th and 20th overall picks, have fewer than 20 players with first-round grades on their board, so there is no guarantee they'll come away from the first round with what they deem to be two first-round talents. Schneider and Carroll talk with Seahawks chair Jody Allen, vice chair Bert Kolde and president Chuck Arnold to discuss the options that lay ahead with the fifth pick approaching, depending on what happens with the next couple of picks.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:07 pm

It is time for Pete to go - I think he knows it and I think he steps down at the end of this season. The team isnlt that far off from being competitive, I think they need one more solid draft and for the love of God I hope they focus on the front 7 because this defense is an absolute embarrassment. The two things that inevitably send shivers down Seahawk fans spines every single game:

"Seattle has a third and short!"
"3rd and long for the opposing team!"

Another poster put it perfectly a few weeks ago on here "I'm tired of watching this movie." COuld not agree more. I barely participate in any game watching anymore - I am sooooooooooooooooooo tired of the same movie week after week, year after year. It's like your favorite pizza place except the pizza just keeps getting worse and more expensive and you finally realize it's time to go somewhere else. I have no problem with 'winning in the 4th' mentality, but that doesn't mean you decide to show up in the third quarter - and we have seen it for far, far too long. This team is UNWATCHABLE.
It's not the losses - it's the same fucking lame recipe over and over. I check scores but won't watch the games - it's simply too fucking miserable - and it's not just seattle - the entire league has become mostly unwatchable and that is a longer discussion. Watching Detroit get jobbed was pretty painful.

I really wonder how this defense would have looked with Carter up front. I am also so fucking sick of having 30 secondary guys on the roster and no real LB's or monsters up front. No defense can survive building a defense that way. I am mostly pissed for Geno - he's the one dude I wanted to see shine more than anyone else and I think he's doing a good job mostly - the coaching staff has completely let him down IMO.

Never seen a team lacking the fundamentals of tackling like the 2023 Seahawks, a defense so consistantly out of position, a defense that gives up third and long so consistantly. it's like every down is an opportunity to "do the opposite of the right thing". It is utterly embarrassing anyone on that side of the ball is cashing their paychecks at this point - inclusind the coaches - who have clearly lost this team completely.

If I was a betting man I would put money on carroll stepping down - Jody won't fire him - but she's not stupid - she sees the writing on the wall and will allow him a graceful exit on his terms - and he deserves that.
Last edited by auroraave on Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:09 pm

I'm fine with keeping Pete as long as he wants to coach unless he gets to where he can't complete a sentence like the so-called leader of the free world.