Kick Geno to the curb???

Millikin

Re: Kick Geno to the curb???

Post by Millikin » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:04 pm

trharder wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:30 pm
My memory has the Seahawks carrying a starting QB, a backup and a scrub on the practice squad.
They may draft a late-round flyer/scrub QB, or snatch one from undrafted FAs or another team's practice squad,
but if they were legit going to draft a guy like Penix, they wouldn't have done the Howell deal.
Maybe Howell deal is just like the Matt Flynn signing back in the day.

Everyone assumed Flynn would be fighting Tarvaris for starting job (with Flynn probably winning), but then they picked a short guy in the 3rd round who was way better than either of them.

So Howell v Geno in preseason, with a longshot draft pick thrown in the mix. Who that longshot is, I don't know, but signing Howell doesn't mean they won't draft a QB.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:13 pm

Bo Nix is special. Not many QBs out there that can complete this TD in such a tight window.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 02, 2024 6:58 pm

This guy has 16k followers so might be credible.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu May 02, 2024 8:14 pm

What...Geno Smith is the starting QB, will there be completion, sure, why not? The guy that be up for that be Geno. He's not the one to pout about being challenged, he'd embrace it

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 02, 2024 10:00 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 8:14 pm
What...Geno Smith is the starting QB, will there be completion, sure, why not? The guy that be up for that be Geno. He's not the one to pout about being challenged, he'd embrace it
Geno responds..
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu May 02, 2024 10:14 pm

Who's y'all?

April 11
"New coaching staff, old coaching staff -- I've got everything to prove. That's every day ... I'm competing with Sam. I know he's competing with me."
This from two weeks ago
John Schneider said Thursday that Smith is "the guy" and fellow QB Sam Howell was brought in to be a backup, Brady Henderson of ESPN.com reports
Maybe they did lie to him

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 02, 2024 10:50 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:14 pm
Who's y'all?

April 11
"New coaching staff, old coaching staff -- I've got everything to prove. That's every day ... I'm competing with Sam. I know he's competing with me."
This from two weeks ago
John Schneider said Thursday that Smith is "the guy" and fellow QB Sam Howell was brought in to be a backup, Brady Henderson of ESPN.com reports
Maybe they did lie to him
No idea. I hate when Athletes tweet out cryptic shit and all their peasant followers have to decipher what their hero is trying to say. What an ego trip.

I hope Sam beats him out.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu May 02, 2024 10:55 pm

Think Howell is there to possibly be the starter at some point, it was like drafting a QB

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 02, 2024 11:58 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 03, 2024 12:02 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:55 pm
Think Howell is there to possibly be the starter at some point, it was like drafting a QB
Yep, JS said exactly that. Say what you will about other position groups but he has quite the track record with QBs.
"We just traded for Sam Howell," Schneider said when asked about the team's long-term plans at quarterback He's got two years left on his contract. He's, what? Two years younger than a lot of these guys in the draft. Geno's here. We have a really cool room right now. We're trying to add a couple guys right now and we'll continue to work it, so we'll see where it goes. We're always looking at that (quarterback) position. I can't tell you what our long-term plan is because I honestly don't know, but Sam is a huge part of it because we made a major trade to get Sam before we got here.

And in the first few weeks of the offseason workout program, Howell has made a good first impression on his coaching staff.

"We're going on three weeks now," Seahawks coach Mike Macdonald said. "I'm impressed with Sam, how he operates. We're building it slow offensively. The whole playbook is not in, but command of the huddle, impressed with that. He can spin it out there, that's easy to see. Just getting used to his personality, think he's starting to blossom a little bit more, that personality's starting to come out, but really excited about him. Like John said, it's a cool combination of guys and I think we've got some great coaches working with them every day. It's early, but the returns are very positive."
dt