Kick Geno to the curb???

D-train

Re: Kick Geno to the curb???

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:54 am

He threw a football 300 feet wow. lots of feet.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:55 am

The Dipoto - JS comparisons are funny. Dipoto with his jargon. JS's scouting report, he really threw the ball like far and he's a cool guy.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:12 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:55 am
The Dipoto - JS comparisons are funny. Dipoto with his jargon. JS's scouting report, he really threw the ball like far and he's a cool guy.
And us fans are the weirdos. Those two dorks would be sent home at our studio 54
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:30 pm

My memory has the Seahawks carrying a starting QB, a backup and a scrub on the practice squad.
They may draft a late-round flyer/scrub QB, or snatch one from undrafted FAs or another team's practice squad,
but if they were legit going to draft a guy like Penix, they wouldn't have done the Howell deal.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:43 pm

trharder wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:30 pm
My memory has the Seahawks carrying a starting QB, a backup and a scrub on the practice squad.
They may draft a late-round flyer/scrub QB, or snatch one from undrafted FAs or another team's practice squad,
but if they were legit going to draft a guy like Penix, they wouldn't have done the Howell deal.
Perhaps it is insurance if they can't draft the guy they want? They can just flip him if they need to because there were multiple teams in on him. Could even flip him for a 2024 pick on day one or two of the Draft....
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:59 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:43 pm
trharder wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:30 pm
Perhaps it is insurance if they can't draft the guy they want? They can just flip him if they need to because there were multiple teams in on him. Could even flip him for a 2024 pick on day one or two of the Draft....
Could it happen? Oh, for sure yeah it's possible. For me, everything is pointing against it.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:09 pm

It's interesting JS is a Ron Wolf protege and wolf was all about drafting qbs. And you have JS lamenting how he's drafted so few of them.
Wolf’s most notable stamp on modern scouting is his view on quarterbacks: While there’s only room for one starter, you can never acquire too many. In Wolf’s world, it is worthwhile to draft a QB every year, no matter the current roster situation. “Looking now from afar, the best quarterback in the game is a sixth-round draft choice [Tom Brady], and that should alert everybody,” Wolf says. “Then you look at what the Cowboys have accomplished with a fourth-round draft choice. I mean, it tells you what you should do. Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.”

Consider that in seven out of eight drafts from 1992 to ’99, Wolf drafted a quarterback, even after Brett Favre was entrenched as the starter. “I learned very early in this game, if you don’t have a quarterback, you don’t have a chance,” Wolf said. “We were very lucky that we had a unique quarterback that never missed a game. But that didn’t stop me from drafting in late rounds. It’s the premiere position, and you better be able to cover yourself.”

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:15 pm

And Purdy a few bad 49er breaks away from being the SB winning QB as Mr. Irrelevant.

He gets a lot of grief but he had by FAR this highest passer rating of any full time QB. Rudolph's was higher but only 74 passing attempts many against our shit D.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_ ... g/dir/desc
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:18 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:09 pm
It's interesting JS is a Ron Wolf protege and wolf was all about drafting qbs. And you have JS lamenting how he's drafted so few of them.
Wolf’s most notable stamp on modern scouting is his view on quarterbacks: While there’s only room for one starter, you can never acquire too many. In Wolf’s world, it is worthwhile to draft a QB every year, no matter the current roster situation. “Looking now from afar, the best quarterback in the game is a sixth-round draft choice [Tom Brady], and that should alert everybody,” Wolf says. “Then you look at what the Cowboys have accomplished with a fourth-round draft choice. I mean, it tells you what you should do. Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.”

Consider that in seven out of eight drafts from 1992 to ’99, Wolf drafted a quarterback, even after Brett Favre was entrenched as the starter. “I learned very early in this game, if you don’t have a quarterback, you don’t have a chance,” Wolf said. “We were very lucky that we had a unique quarterback that never missed a game. But that didn’t stop me from drafting in late rounds. It’s the premiere position, and you better be able to cover yourself.”
In my opinion, drafting a QB every year when you have the iron man of all QBs leading your team is unwise. But he drafted two good ones in the 5th and 6th rounds in Brunell and Hasselbeck and was able to trade them for higher draft value so it worked out okay i guess.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:30 pm

dt