He was a FA, I meant instead of RW. Flynn was going to be the fix from 2012 on

douche

Re: Kick Geno to the curb???

Post by douche » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:13 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:05 am
trharder wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:03 am
On February 17, will Geno still be a Seahawk?
No. Clear the decks of all the passengers from steerage...
If they rid themselves of Geno, do you then have Lock play for a season while they draft a QB and groom him? Or do you just throw the new guy in there immediately?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:17 pm

I'd like for Lock get an entire season's worth of starts just to see if he can break the NFL interception record. Give him a shot at the record books, i think he's earned it for being a good soldier the past two years. :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:22 pm

douche wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:13 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:05 am
trharder wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:03 am
On February 17, will Geno still be a Seahawk?
No. Clear the decks of all the passengers from steerage...
If they rid themselves of Geno, do you then have Lock play for a season while they draft a QB and groom him? Or do you just throw the new guy in there immediately?
I would sign Lock but not sure if Lock is JS guy or PCs. We aren't going to get a QB that is ready to start year 1.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:24 pm

My guess is it will depend on what Macdonald thinks is of their roster, and how competitive they can be. If he thinks they can compete next year he might want to stick with Geno just because he has been here and has started for two years. He might also think Geno is the reason we didn't make the playoffs and decide he needs someone else completely.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:56 am

Interesting angle, I think macdonald will be on a short leash when it comes to the offense. It makes sense to me that they would keep the existing offensive framework in place. MacDonald focuses on fixing the defense.
.The offense should be ready to go, especially if Macdonald nails his offensive coordinator hire. Geno Smith is a quality quarterback who still continues to be a net-positive for the Seahawks, their wide receiver trio is dangerous and they have youth that’s continuing to grow at running back and offensive line. It’s easy to see why this spot was appealing for a first-time head coach. A veteran quarterback and passing game will allow Macdonald to do what he does best: focus on the defense
https://sports.yahoo.com/with-mike-macd ... 20710.html

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:15 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:56 am
Interesting angle, I think macdonald will be on a short leash when it comes to the offense. It makes sense to me that they would keep the existing offensive framework in place. MacDonald focuses on fixing the defense.
.The offense should be ready to go, especially if Macdonald nails his offensive coordinator hire. Geno Smith is a quality quarterback who still continues to be a net-positive for the Seahawks, their wide receiver trio is dangerous and they have youth that’s continuing to grow at running back and offensive line. It’s easy to see why this spot was appealing for a first-time head coach. A veteran quarterback and passing game will allow Macdonald to do what he does best: focus on the defense
https://sports.yahoo.com/with-mike-macd ... 20710.html
Geno is a slight positive but do they want to utilize his salary to fix the D?
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:22 pm

I think they want to get this team to the playoffs. I don't think there will be wholesale changes. Smith's contract is still a deal. The defense was absolutely terrible, worse I than the talent dictated. MacDonald is there to fix it. I think the roster will be left more or less intact. JS isn't blowing the thing up

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:26 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:22 pm
I think they want to get this team to the playoffs. I don't think there will be wholesale changes. Smith's contract is still a deal. The defense was absolutely terrible, worse I than the talent dictated. MacDonald is there to fix it. I think the roster will be left more or less intact. JS isn't blowing the thing up
Don't need to blow it up but Geno is replaceable for less money....Feb 16th is the big day...
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:53 pm

Replaceable, sign Lock instead? You think you can make the playoffs, you have a decent serviceable QB, at a bargain price. You're going to cut him and go with an unknown quantity to save money. Yeah, let's see what they do. If they were to cut smith that tell me they weren't trying to make the playoffs which would surprise me.