Breaking! We got our man! MacDonald it is!!!!

D-train

Re: Breaking! We got our man! MacDonald it is!!!!

Post by D-train » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:23 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:50 am
D-train wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:41 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:33 pm
I thought you were talking about things that would fall within the purview of a GM. Yes, i would agree the game plans and play-calling will be different but we won't know how much that had to do with Carroll and how much had to do with the now-departed coordinators.
Did you watch the Fisch interview? OT to this discussion but should totally assuage your fears of him being a carpet bagging opportunist that is looking to live out his ultimate dream of returning to Gainesville.
Interesting looking at his introductory news conference at Arizona. He seemed an unknown quantity, he turned out to be successful
We are excited about the future and we are excited about bringing championships to Arizona Stadium,” Arizona president Bobby Robbins said. “I’m particularly excited about the next chapter in University of Arizona football.”

Good luck with that.

And I’m not saying that in a condescending way, but a legitimate good luck way because the next two to three years are going to be one of the most unbelievable tasks in Arizona’s recent history of college football. He’ll have to be a builder of a program many feel has hit rock bottom after the terrible hire of Kevin Sumlin.

Is Fisch the right guy to do it? Time will tell, but Robbins and Heeke have gone all in with a man who has more stops and starts than a Greyhound bus.

But the two have brought on a coach – a 44-year-old good guy and family man – who has been through several college programs and through a number of NFL teams.

Yes, his resume is impressive. It lacks one thing: head coaching experience.

Welcome to Arizona’s Trial by Fire – the First Chapter. It isn’t going to be easy
Came in on a 12 game losing streak and left on a 7 game winning streak coaching a football team at a basketball school with a financial crisis in the athletic program. Three losses in 2023. Two were in OT and the other one was to UW who played in the National Championship game.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:37 pm

dt

Nwadventure

Post by Nwadventure » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:25 pm

The last few PC seasons regardless of wins/losses was just boring, predictable, uninspiring, don't seem to care much kind of football- Minus a few amazing catches by T/Lock and some fun runs by Walker there wasn't much else that was worth watching.

So glad the new era is here, finally excited for Seahawks football again- Been a fan since the opening kick in 1976-

Cheers-

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:10 pm

Now here is a question to ponder...if Myers makes the FG against the Rams, does Pete Carroll still have a job as the head coach of the Seahawks?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:08 am

Yeah, who knows. I believe Pete was replaced because of the continued poor performance of the defense. Not only was it generally unacceptable but it constituted what Pete's strength was supposed to be, the defense as opposed to offense.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:07 pm

Bellichick and Carroll on the Huskies Staff.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:07 pm
Bellichick and Carroll on the Huskies Staff.
Some serious name recognition there. Should help recruiting.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:58 pm

dt

douche

Post by douche » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:02 pm

Even though Snyder sold the team, I'm not sure why anyone would choose WAS. A job is a job, I suppose, but that organization is such a shit show. I think we're going to see Quinn struggle mightily next season.

That said, I'm really digging the fact that Jody Allen is committed to improving things in Seattle. So cool to see as a fan. How many times have we seen lousy ownership destroy a team?

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:42 pm

I was wondering how it all went down.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2024/2/5/240 ... d-nfl-news
Attachments
Screenshot_20240205_114132_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240205_114305_Chrome.jpg