Breaking! We got our man! MacDonald it is!!!!

D-train

Re: Breaking! We got our man! MacDonald it is!!!!

Post by D-train » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:55 pm

douche wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:18 pm
I've been reading more about Macdonald as of late and he is all about trying different things and being open to new ideas. Which is essentially the polar opposite of Carroll. So not only do we get a coach who is open to new ideas, but we get one who's half his age. I'm good with that.

And this: "When asked about following up Carroll's legacy during an appearance on Seattle Sports 710 Tuesday, Macdonald's emphatic response was proof.

"I'm not intimidated by that," Macdonald said of succeeding Carroll. "It's not something that I'm worried about, it's something that you want to embrace."

The future looks bright.
LOVED that answer!
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:21 pm

The flat-out stubborn refusal to change blew me away. Again, he brough in an OC from the Rams, which seemed like change. And if it was, it was in the wrong way. The run game was flat out stupidly bad last year. But mostly it was just change for the sake of change, not effective. Specifically, the switch to the 3 - 4. The basic principles never changed....keep the play in front of you and allow them to go on 10 and 12 play drives, leaving your offense on the sidelines for ever watching the other team score. What a brilliant concept. It was so frustrating to watch. He acted like Punts on offense were wins, and field goals on defense were wins. I simply grew to hate watching. It was the same thing over and over again, with the same result.

And the worst for me was talking about how they needed to be young and hungry, adding youth to the roster, and then blaming youth for why they'd lose. It wasn't the youth. Not even close.

douche

Post by douche » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:55 pm

We've got ourselves a young dynamic coach now so we can completely forget about that sh*t and move on.

A strong draft, and we're going to see this team make some very significant progress. A coaching staff that will wring every ounce of potential out of this roster.