Breaking! We got our man! MacDonald it is!!!!

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Breaking! We got our man! MacDonald it is!!!!

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:21 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:08 pm
Will be fascinating to see how much things change with PC gone. We will finally have the answer to the 14 yo question. What was PC responsible for and what was JS responsible for....
You will have small clues to piece together, but what things would you expect to be vastly different?

douche

Post by douche » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:23 pm

I expect the play-calling to be vastly different.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:52 pm

douche wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:23 pm
I expect the play-calling to be vastly different.
John Schneider isn't, and has never been, involved in the play-calling.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:03 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:21 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:08 pm
Will be fascinating to see how much things change with PC gone. We will finally have the answer to the 14 yo question. What was PC responsible for and what was JS responsible for....
You will have small clues to piece together, but what things would you expect to be vastly different?
The absurdly conservative game plans both on offense and defense
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:33 pm

I thought you were talking about things that would fall within the purview of a GM. Yes, i would agree the game plans and play-calling will be different but we won't know how much that had to do with Carroll and how much had to do with the now-departed coordinators.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:41 pm

Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:33 pm
I thought you were talking about things that would fall within the purview of a GM. Yes, i would agree the game plans and play-calling will be different but we won't know how much that had to do with Carroll and how much had to do with the now-departed coordinators.
Did you watch the Fisch interview? OT to this discussion but should totally assuage your fears of him being a carpet bagging opportunist that is looking to live out his ultimate dream of returning to Gainesville.
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:24 am

LOL, Murph at TopBillin' analyzes some Macdonald defensive schemes. The guy is so frickin' hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQP29ziLZv0

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:14 am

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:38 pm
For the kind of money that Mahomes has, the rings he has, five or six straight AFCCG appearances? I'd say what he puts on his steak is pretty insignificant. I'd be fine if Geno poured Ketchup on his body if we won games the way the Chiefs do.
Sure, if it's good enough for Donald, thought we were talking about macdonald

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:16 am

douche wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:14 pm
trharder wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:10 am
When I hear JS in an interview, I hear BS politicians speak. That doesn't mean he isn't good, but I don't give him
the free pass that he seems to have enjoyed up until now from the media and the fans.
What do you hear when PC speaks? :lol:

Seriously though, Schneider is a solid football exec. He learned the game under Ron Wolf. And I don't think he's received a free pass. He's done his job well over the years, and we don't know how much of his work was vetoed by Carroll. Some of it? A lot of it? None of it?
Pete said he didn't veto anything, they always hashed it out and reached agreement

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:50 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:41 pm
Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:33 pm
Did you watch the Fisch interview? OT to this discussion but should totally assuage your fears of him being a carpet bagging opportunist that is looking to live out his ultimate dream of returning to Gainesville.
Interesting looking at his introductory news conference at Arizona. He seemed an unknown quantity, he turned out to be successful
We are excited about the future and we are excited about bringing championships to Arizona Stadium,” Arizona president Bobby Robbins said. “I’m particularly excited about the next chapter in University of Arizona football.”

Good luck with that.

And I’m not saying that in a condescending way, but a legitimate good luck way because the next two to three years are going to be one of the most unbelievable tasks in Arizona’s recent history of college football. He’ll have to be a builder of a program many feel has hit rock bottom after the terrible hire of Kevin Sumlin.

Is Fisch the right guy to do it? Time will tell, but Robbins and Heeke have gone all in with a man who has more stops and starts than a Greyhound bus.

But the two have brought on a coach – a 44-year-old good guy and family man – who has been through several college programs and through a number of NFL teams.

Yes, his resume is impressive. It lacks one thing: head coaching experience.

Welcome to Arizona’s Trial by Fire – the First Chapter. It isn’t going to be easy