Geno Poll

Geno should he stay or should he go now?

Should be cut and will be cut
14%
Should be cut but won't be cut
43%
Should not be cut but will be cut
No votes
Should not be cut and will NOT be cut
29%
Won't be cut tomorrow but won't be Starting QB in 2024
No votes
Won't be cut tomorrow and will be Starting QB in 2024
14%

Total votes: 7

D-train

Re: Geno Poll

Post by D-train » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:33 pm

dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:42 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:15 am
Smitty will be the game one starter, no doubt about it. He knows the offense and is better than Lock or anyone else that will be available. Trades aren't really an option either because they have too many needs at other positions, which is also why they won't waste a pick on a QB. You heard it here first.

I agree Smith will very likely be the starter based on his NFL experience - but he doesn't know this offense - it's a new offense. The question is can he learn it quickly - it's very heavy on personnel shifting to create match up advantages at the last minute - can he do that quickly and execute? That's how you make the case for drafting Penix - he knows the system - maybe he could even help Geno learn it. It would seem like an odd notion, a rookie helping a vet - a vet who is obviously not the long term answer. I will be shocked if they do not draft a QB. My issue with Penix is that, the new breed of QB's need to be a run threat - with his injury history, it's just a huge red flag and risky. There aren't many 'pure drop back passers' coming out of college anymore - college is no longer a training ground for that - it's a 'win now at all costs' mentality to keep your job, which means less fundamentals and more street ball is the norm from the QB position. Can Penix play streetball? Would you want him to? No way Schneider doesn't pick a QB somewhere. he's been wanting to for years and it seems Carroll was holding him back. It's his show now. You simply have to take a shot on drafting someone.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:43 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:45 pm

Did somebody say something??? :lol:
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (7.63 KiB) Viewed 173 times
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:45 pm

You're assuming they install the UW offense, I'd wait and see

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:49 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:45 pm

Capture3.JPG
I don't ignore anybody. I want a chance to annoy everyone!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:51 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:49 pm
D-train wrote:

Capture3.JPG
I don't ignore anybody. I want a chance to annoy everyone!
Yeah I never have either but I get weary of the same ole schtick so had to make an exception...
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:52 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
You're assuming they install the UW offense, I'd wait and see
Why would I assume they would install the same offense in the NFL vs. P12? I do find comfort in the fact that he at least has the capability to have the best passing game in College football.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:14 pm

I was responding to aurora. You know I don't bother with quotes. That would cut into my annoyance factor. Wow, a bunch of stuff snuck in there. That certainly makes it difficult to understand what I was talking about. Love it.
I agree Smith will very likely be the starter based on his NFL experience - but he doesn't know this offense - it's a new offense. The question is can he learn it quickly - it's very heavy on personnel shifting to create match up advantages at the last minute - can he do that quickly and execute
Took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about, oh, the husky offense. I think Smith will be the QB. The important thing would seem to be having an offense he can run. I think you would work from that direction

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:50 pm

auroraave wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:47 pm

You LITERALLY were banging the drum HARD that Lock was going to be the starter - that he was better than Geno - he was your choice from the get-go. Are you saying you did not take that position? Let's see if you'll answer that.
Thinking someone is better than Geno is not exactly high praise.