Penix
No votes
Trade down
55%

Total votes: 20

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Our first round pick poll

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:21 pm

Would you be okay with them drafting Penix with a 2nd rounder (after trading down) and then having him ride the bench behind Smith for a season? Then they would have more time to build up the O line at least.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:15 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:21 pm
Would you be okay with them drafting Penix with a 2nd rounder (after trading down) and then having him ride the bench behind Smith for a season? Then they would have more time to build up the O line at least.
Yes, Penix isn't going to be named starter over Geno in year 1.
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:21 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:50 pm
trharder wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:10 pm
So, are those of you saying to trade back thinking the Seahawks don't need or at least don't need yet a QB?
Geno will be on the roster, but that doesn't mean he will start every game in 2024.
Where is McCarthy predicted to go? I want that kid. It's not just his abilities. It's also his potential as a leader.
I've watched Penix enough to know he has a lot of talent. I would support him if they picked him.
JS has pointed out several times that he (they) have not picked many QBs since he's been here. I think he's
anxious to pick one.
This has JJ going to none other than the Broncos 9th. I think he is gone so no QBs left worth the 16th pick. Dream world would be to trade back to the mid 20s and take a Mims to play RT (he is going 24th in this mock) and then use the 2nd we get in the trade to take Penix.

https://www.nfl.com/news/lance-zierlein ... ier-worthy
What would it take to trade up to 8 then? A new young-gun coaching staff should have a new QB.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:42 pm

I just don't see any way John will pick at 16. He will trade down. I bet he want to recover the second he traded away. The QB's will be swarmed up. Nix will be in the second, so that will be a possibility. I don't think Pennix will be in the second. Late first at worst.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:51 pm

trharder wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:21 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:50 pm
trharder wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:10 pm
So, are those of you saying to trade back thinking the Seahawks don't need or at least don't need yet a QB?
Geno will be on the roster, but that doesn't mean he will start every game in 2024.
Where is McCarthy predicted to go? I want that kid. It's not just his abilities. It's also his potential as a leader.
I've watched Penix enough to know he has a lot of talent. I would support him if they picked him.
JS has pointed out several times that he (they) have not picked many QBs since he's been here. I think he's
anxious to pick one.
This has JJ going to none other than the Broncos 9th. I think he is gone so no QBs left worth the 16th pick. Dream world would be to trade back to the mid 20s and take a Mims to play RT (he is going 24th in this mock) and then use the 2nd we get in the trade to take Penix.

https://www.nfl.com/news/lance-zierlein ... ier-worthy
What would it take to trade up to 8 then? A new young-gun coaching staff should have a new QB.
According to this it would take our current first and BOTH third rounders to move up to 8th.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:52 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:49 pm
Brock wants the big Dawg

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1773401/ ... y-fautanu/
I like Fautanu. But I don't understand the idea of picking a fkn guard in the 1st round.

Whether people like it or not, they drafted 2x tackles. Unless the idea is to slide one of Cross or Lucas inside and stick Fautanu at a tackle position, I don't want it. Drafting a guard round 1 is INSANE, especially when you don't have a 2nd round pick.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:06 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:52 am
D-train wrote:
Brock wants the big Dawg

I like Fautanu. But I don't understand the idea of picking a fkn guard in the 1st round.

Whether people like it or not, they drafted 2x tackles. Unless the idea is to slide one of Cross or Lucas inside and stick Fautanu at a tackle position, I don't want it. Drafting a guard round 1 is INSANE, especially when you don't have a 2nd round pick.
Did you not read it? The odds of Lucus being healthy and great next season are minuscule. He was a tackle at UW and Brock compared him to Duane Brown.
“A bunch of these offensive linemen are guys that I could absolutely and would absolutely want to see in a Seahawk uniform,” he said of the 2024 draft class. “… I would say this – just kind of big, general, 30,000-foot level, you sit there at 16 and… if a Troy Fautanu is there, I’m gonna have a hard time (to pass on him) because he gives you security for (right tackle) Abe Lucas. And if Abe Lucas is great, then (Fautanu) comes in and plays guard and you become elite on one side or the other. Elite, whatever side he would join with Abe or with (left tackle Charles Cross). At 16, I love him, but outside of 16, I think you can move back (with a trade) and still add some significant size, some significant bulk, some significant difference makers.”
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:07 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:06 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:52 am
D-train wrote:
Brock wants the big Dawg

Did you not read it? The odds of Lucus being healthy and great next season are minuscule. He was a tackle at UW and Brock compared him to Duane Brown.
“A bunch of these offensive linemen are guys that I could absolutely and would absolutely want to see in a Seahawk uniform,” he said of the 2024 draft class. “… I would say this – just kind of big, general, 30,000-foot level, you sit there at 16 and… if a Troy Fautanu is there, I’m gonna have a hard time (to pass on him) because he gives you security for (right tackle) Abe Lucas. And if Abe Lucas is great, then (Fautanu) comes in and plays guard and you become elite on one side or the other. Elite, whatever side he would join with Abe or with (left tackle Charles Cross). At 16, I love him, but outside of 16, I think you can move back (with a trade) and still add some significant size, some significant bulk, some significant difference makers.”
If the goal is to move Lucas to right guard, do it.

If not, I don't want a guard w. the 1st round pick. If he was such a God he wouldn't be there at 16. He's seen as a tweener and is expected to sit at guard.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:54 am

Seen as a two way sort of player, little undersized for a tackle, but an athletic guard. Not seeing the Duane Brown comparison. 16 is probably a little high unless he really fits, with the hawks he kinda does with question with tackle and , the need at guard

Versatility has value
Flashy tools play well at offensive line for some prospects, but being versatile and reliable is just as — if not more — important. With his 2024 NFL Draft scouting report, Washington’s Troy Fautanu qualifies as one of the most versatile blockers in the class

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:22 pm

Hawks have a history of asking guys to bulk up but maybe that was PC....
dt