Total votes: 20

D-train

Re: Our first round pick poll

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:26 am

trharder wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:48 am
Michael K. wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:26 pm
I am also not big on McCarthy. But Brock watches a Hell of a lot more tape than I do! Maybe I am wrong? His take isn't a popular one on X right now. Someone showed the clip of the throw. Think Penix against USC. Sorry, I am not sold.
Part of what Brock is thinking is that JJ is also a threat on the ground. That's a big deal for me as well.
Brock did the Nebraska game this year and he met with McCarthy and was very impressed with his demeanor.
Brock feels JJ is a humble, selfless, inspiring-leader type who makes the players around him better.
Brock points to the Michigan situation as a program on the ropes and then ascends to the top. A pressure situation
that JJ handled with aplomb.

At the 5:20 minute mark is the play Brock says Geno and Penix can't make.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hsPd5r5y0Q&t=334s
Yeah I am certainly not saying the average fan should NEVER question Brock but just HUNDREDS of guys that I have seen saying Brock is an idiot and they are way smarter and better at judging a future NFL QB than a former NFL QB and current College football analyst is beyond belief.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:29 am

maoling wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:42 am
With lots of recent hefty cap space releases, restructurings and not having the draft largesse of picks we've had the past couple years, new coach, new system, I think we are targeting immediate both sides of the line help in free agency this year. They've plucked prized coaches from all over the league to lead the new regime -- it just feels like trading down for pieces, but the bulk of our help is going to come from key FA signings for savvy vets in the trenches.
Yes, looking forward to FA season opening next week for the first time in forever. Whole new era which will no longer include the dozens of half ass head scratching Mariners type moves....
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:34 pm

If we don't want to trade down in the first round we could trade our 2 3rd round picks for a mid 2nd round pick. Pick 78 is worth 200 and pick 81 is worth 185. The 52nd pick is worth 380.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:41 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:34 am
If the Seahawks draft JJ McCarthy I'm a 49ers fan.
Test me fuckers.
I'm curious if you actually think we care.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:06 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:26 am
trharder wrote:
Part of what Brock is thinking is that JJ is also a threat on the ground. That's a big deal for me as well.
Brock did the Nebraska game this year and he met with McCarthy and was very impressed with his demeanor.
Brock feels JJ is a humble, selfless, inspiring-leader type who makes the players around him better.
Brock points to the Michigan situation as a program on the ropes and then ascends to the top. A pressure situation
Yeah I am certainly not saying the average fan should NEVER question Brock but just HUNDREDS of guys that I have seen saying Brock is an idiot and they are way smarter and better at judging a future NFL QB than a former NFL QB and current College football analyst is beyond belief.
I agree. Brock both believes what he's saying and tries to get attention for his morning show. But Brock is looking
at the QB position as more than just an athletic piece of meat. (Even though JJ may have sub 4.5 speed.)
Brock and Salk also badly wanted a dude named Russell Wilson back in the day.

I was sneering at Salk's trade DK talk because you really didn't save any money to lose such a good player, but
if you can get draft picks for DK to trade up - maybe. Brock couches all of this with "IF JS and Mike Macdonald
really want him"
. Macdonald and Jay Harbaugh both know McCarthy well.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:38 pm

I heard them yesterday with Gee Scott. Scott says “JJ never had receivers like he will have here,”. Uhm, they are recommending we trade DK to get him! Sorry, JSN an aging T Lock and some TE we can salvage aren’t even top half in the NFL…and well behind what is in LA and SF.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:40 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:38 pm
I heard them yesterday with Gee Scott. Scott says “JJ never had receivers like he will have here,”. Uhm, they are recommending we trade DK to get him! Sorry, JSN an aging T Lock and some TE we can salvage aren’t even top half in the NFL…and well behind what is in LA and SF.
Yeah that is where I draw the line. If we have to trade DK for him I am out....Can't believe Gee Scott wants him....
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:03 pm

trharder wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:41 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:34 am
If the Seahawks draft JJ McCarthy I'm a 49ers fan.
Test me fuckers.
I'm curious if you actually think we care.
I'm not sure if it once ever crossed my mind whether I care if trharder cared about my post before I clicked submit. Not in any post I've ever made.

Like not actually for .000001 of a second.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:40 pm

D-train wrote:
trharder wrote:
Michael K. wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:26 pm
I am also not big on McCarthy. But Brock watches a Hell of a lot more tape than I do! Maybe I am wrong? His take isn't a popular one on X right now. Someone showed the clip of the throw. Think Penix against USC. Sorry, I am not sold.

Brock's favorite defensive end in the 2019 draft was Clelin Ferrell. He went no. 4 to the Raiders and had a career-high 4.5 sacks as a rookie, then 2, 1.5, 2 before being non-tendered.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks passed on Montez Sweat at 21 who has had 7, 9, 5, 8, and 12.5 sacks. He said he approved of them trading down to grab LJ Collier because he "fits what the Seahawks want to do" and will bring power and versatility.

Everyone and their mom wanted the Hawks to take Brian Burns or Montez Sweat. Huard, while a fun Husky to watch and I enjoy his commentary, is no great talent evaluator.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:14 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:40 pm
D-train wrote:
trharder wrote:

Brock's favorite defensive end in the 2019 draft was Clelin Ferrell. He went no. 4 to the Raiders and had a career-high 4.5 sacks as a rookie, then 2, 1.5, 2 before being non-tendered.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks passed on Montez Sweat at 21 who has had 7, 9, 5, 8, and 12.5 sacks. He said he approved of them trading down to grab LJ Collier because he "fits what the Seahawks want to do" and will bring power and versatility.

Everyone and their mom wanted the Hawks to take Brian Burns or Montez Sweat. Huard, while a fun Husky to watch and I enjoy his commentary, is no great talent evaluator.
Interesting, I was unaware of those. Maybe is better at evaluating QBs?
dt