Re: Our first round pick poll

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:34 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:14 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:40 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:26 am

Yeah I am certainly not saying the average fan should NEVER question Brock but just HUNDREDS of guys that I have seen saying Brock is an idiot and they are way smarter and better at judging a future NFL QB than a former NFL QB and current College football analyst is beyond belief.
Brock's favorite defensive end in the 2019 draft was Clelin Ferrell. He went no. 4 to the Raiders and had a career-high 4.5 sacks as a rookie, then 2, 1.5, 2 before being non-tendered.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks passed on Montez Sweat at 21 who has had 7, 9, 5, 8, and 12.5 sacks. He said he approved of them trading down to grab LJ Collier because he "fits what the Seahawks want to do" and will bring power and versatility.

Everyone and their mom wanted the Hawks to take Brian Burns or Montez Sweat. Huard, while a fun Husky to watch and I enjoy his commentary, is no great talent evaluator.
Interesting, I was unaware of those. Maybe is better at evaluating QBs?
I think he's just a guy with a football history taking a shot in the dark like everyone else. If he had unique talent here he wouldn't be sitting there on the radio talking to Mike Salk.

I bet you McCarthy reminds him a little bit of himself. Decent looking all American boy who is well spoken and interviewed well but lacked dynamic traits.

That type of QB won in the NFL 10-15 years ago. Not anymore.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:35 pm

Interesting theory. He isn't exactly alone though.

Pro football network:
Screenshot 2024-03-09 3.34.39 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-09 3.34.39 PM.png (86.17 KiB) Viewed 157 times
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:01 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:35 pm

Pro football network:

So a team w. an iffy cap situation... glaring holes at safety, linebacker, defensive tackle, and offensive guard... trades up to draft a QB who won't even start w. one of their 3rd round picks, and has no 2nd round picks, in a draft that is very deep in rounds 2 and 3 in the positions they need to fill.

Is this a throw away season?

You would think someone who gets paid to write this shit would pay a bit more mind. There's no way the Hawks trade up and then don't draft for 70 more picks.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:15 pm

You want a developmental QB?

Grab Milton.

maoling

Post by maoling » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:51 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:01 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:35 pm

Pro football network:

So a team w. an iffy cap situation... glaring holes at safety, linebacker, defensive tackle, and offensive guard... trades up to draft a QB who won't even start w. one of their 3rd round picks, and has no 2nd round picks, in a draft that is very deep in rounds 2 and 3 in the positions they need to fill.

Is this a throw away season?

You would think someone who gets paid to write this shit would pay a bit more mind. There's no way the Hawks trade up and then don't draft for 70 more picks.
Totally agree. If we trade up, I'll be stunned. No way is this a throwaway season, not with restructuring contracts, cutting deadwood and clearing cap space, bringing in an entirely new coaching staff with something to prove -- they are hitting the ground running. I'll be almost equally stunned if they don't trade down, maybe twice early to grab extra picks. I think our most glaring gaps are getting filled in FA this year.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:25 am

Here is where the mocks have JJ going.

SI: 5th
Pro Football Network: 10th
CBS Sports: 5th
NFL.com: 6th
Walter Football: 12th
ESPN: 11th
Yahoo Sports: 5th

So Brock and all these experts are crazy and I'm much better off listening to Rando fans on X that say JJ sucks and has no shot to be a good NFL QB. K
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:18 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:25 am
So Brock and all these experts are crazy and I'm much better off listening to Rando fans on X that say JJ sucks and has no shot to be a good NFL QB. K
Yeah, Brock is not crazy, but it looks like lots of competition for JJ.
I've never understood the fan fixation with the draft. "Value" and all that. The Seahawks drafted a 3rd down CB last
year with their 5th pick. The Seahawks pissed away a 1st round for Jamal Adams. Big talented lineman are a big
deal, but they can get hurt at the drop of a hat. Lineman, in reality, are a risk too.
The 9ers blew a first rounder on a QB in 2021, who was a bust, and they still are better than us.

If we know anything about JS, he doesn't give a fuck what Brock, the rest of the press and us fans think.
This can be both a good and bad thing.
Hopefully, JS doesn't think Geno is good enough for his new hot-shot coaching staff.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:19 pm

trharder wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:18 pm
D-train wrote:
Yeah, Brock is not crazy, but it looks like lots of competition for JJ.
I've never understood the fan fixation with the draft. "Value" and all that. The Seahawks drafted a 3rd down CB last
year with their #5 pick. The Seahawks pissed away a 1st round for Jamal Adams. Big talented lineman are a big
deal, but they can get hurt at the drop of a hat. Lineman, in reality, are a risk too.
The 9ers blew a first rounder on a QB in 2021, who was a bust, and they still are better than us.

If we know anything about JS, he doesn't give a fuck what Brock, the rest of the press and us fans think.
This can be both a good and bad thing.
Hopefully, JS doesn't think Geno is good enough for his new hot-shot coaching staff.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:20 pm

D-train wrote:

Go for it. Brock wants the Hawks to draft a more athletic Alex Smith/Kirk Cousins with far less production be my guest... I pray a team like the Giants takes him.

Not a firm believer in drafting a borderline game manager in the top 15 of the draft...

You'll be paying out the ass for guy slightly better than the guy the Niners are paying $800k a year to play QB for them. And he won't even be fkn starting for you.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:28 pm

Maybe NFL teams should hire fans to pick the QBs and they wouldn't have so many busts. There sure have been a lot lately.

Rosen
Daniel Jones
Trey Lance
Bryce Young
Josh Fields
Manziel
Trubisky
Darnold
Zach Wilson
dt