Penix
No votes
Trade down
55%

Total votes: 20

roosevelt

Re: Our first round pick poll

Post by roosevelt » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:22 pm

Assessing seahawks free agent moves and impact on the team by categories.

Secondary--status quo (not better but not worse)
Linebackers--lesser status
DL-- status quo.

Offensive line--status quo
QB--status quo
RB--status quo
WR--status quo
TE--lesser status.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:44 pm

roosevelt wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:22 pm
Assessing seahawks free agent moves and impact on the team by categories.

Secondary--status quo (not better but not worse)
Linebackers--lesser status
DL-- status quo.

QB--status quo
RB--status quo
WR--status quo
TE--lesser status.
Secondary--higher status
Linebackers--status quo
DL-- status quo.

QB--status quo
RB--status quo
WR--status quo
TE--lesser status.
dt

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:19 am

Feel like there's lots of interest in Fautanu. Jets could trade down & take him too. Really can't go wrong either way. Him, JPJ or even Murphy. Gotta build the trenches. As much as Mac wants to add to that front 7. Still in favor of a trade down.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:20 am

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:19 am
Feel like there's lots of interest in Fautanu. Jets could trade down & take him too. Really can't go wrong either way. Him, JPJ or even Murphy. Gotta build the trenches. As much as Mac wants to add to that front 7. Still in favor of a trade down.
With no second rounder no way John doesn’t trade down.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am

They get exclusive rights? Germany would seem a pretty good market
The team announced on Monday that it’s been awarded international marketing rights in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland under the NFL’s Global Markets Program

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am
They get exclusive rights? Germany would seem a pretty good market
The team announced on Monday that it’s been awarded international marketing rights in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland under the NFL’s Global Markets Program
Germany is by far the biggest and best market in the EU for drugs.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:18 pm

NFL Europa was dissolved in 2007 due to its continued unprofitability and the NFL's decision to shift its focus towards hosting regular-season games in Europe; at the time of its closure, the league consisted of five German teams and one team based in the Netherlands.
The success of Tampa Bay v Seattle in Munich last year has heightened the anticipation among organisers that they can win over yet more fans in an untapped market. German NFL fans number in the millions – a barely tapped goldmine for teams and a league that has mostly maxed out domestically. The league says it has 18 million casual fans – that would be roughly one in five residents in Germany – and 3.6m “avid” ones.

“Most Germans don’t have a team yet,” said Alexander Steinforth, the NFL’s general manager for Germany. “We are reaching that state of maturity where you see fans are actively seeking out teams and are looking for teams that they can follow. That’s why the market is so exciting for franchises to be active in because they have a massive opportunity to pick up fans.

They like drugs, I can understand that. I also thought they really liked American football. The Seahawks have exclusive rights? That seems a little crazy to me

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:22 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:18 pm
NFL Europa was dissolved in 2007 due to its continued unprofitability and the NFL's decision to shift its focus towards hosting regular-season games in Europe; at the time of its closure, the league consisted of five German teams and one team based in the Netherlands.
The success of Tampa Bay v Seattle in Munich last year has heightened the anticipation among organisers that they can win over yet more fans in an untapped market. German NFL fans number in the millions – a barely tapped goldmine for teams and a league that has mostly maxed out domestically. The league says it has 18 million casual fans – that would be roughly one in five residents in Germany – and 3.6m “avid” ones.

“Most Germans don’t have a team yet,” said Alexander Steinforth, the NFL’s general manager for Germany. “We are reaching that state of maturity where you see fans are actively seeking out teams and are looking for teams that they can follow. That’s why the market is so exciting for franchises to be active in because they have a massive opportunity to pick up fans.

They like drugs, I can understand that. I also thought they really liked American football. The Seahawks have exclusive rights? That seems a little crazy to me
It's because of the size of the population and because they allow for the highest pricing of any EU country....not close to US pricing but they are the closest.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:34 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:52 am
D-train wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:49 pm
Brock wants the big Dawg

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1773401/ ... y-fautanu/
I like Fautanu. But I don't understand the idea of picking a fkn guard in the 1st round.

Whether people like it or not, they drafted 2x tackles. Unless the idea is to slide one of Cross or Lucas inside and stick Fautanu at a tackle position, I don't want it. Drafting a guard round 1 is INSANE, especially when you don't have a 2nd round pick.
Agreed. I think best OL is the way to go. If it's a Tackle then stick and pick. Lucas can slide to Guard. If it's G or JPJ, trade down, acquire more cap, and pick then.

I kinda like some of the QB's in this draft. But don't feel as confident in them as much as when I predicted Will Levis and Anthony Richardson would be high draft pick starters before their senior seasons. There's a lot that worries me. Even Caleb Williams. I won't be opposed to a QB if we wind up taking one, but I don't see it happening.
Last edited by Sexymarinersfan on Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:57 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:44 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:28 pm
Maybe NFL teams should hire fans to pick the QBs and they wouldn't have so many busts. There sure have been a lot lately.

Rosen
Daniel Jones
Trey Lance
Bryce Young
Josh Fields
Manziel
Trubisky
Darnold
Zach Wilson
If the draft has taught us anything recently... it's draft the guy with elite physical traits or elite arm who needs some refining.

Mahomes, Allen, Love, Lamar, Herbert, Watson, Stroud...

Do not draft safe. Ya, you might still miss... but follow the trend.

Jones was tailor made to be a bust... mediocre arm, limited athleticism. Young was too small and arm too weak. Fields is not an adept thrower. Manziel was too small and a imature. Trubisky... same as Jones. Darnold was just overrated, never that good. Wilson the same as Manziel.

Only guy who fits the description of the QB's listed above was Lance. Perhaps drafting out of division 2 isn't the move.

Only guy who fits the traditional, old school QB mold who has been successful of late is Burrow.
I still think Bryce Young has a chance to turn it around. If Dave Canales can turn Baker Mayfield into a Top 10 QB, there's hope. Add to that the fact that Young's WR were ranked dead last in the league in serperation. A SHITTY OL, and no RB's or TE. Young is an excellent processor and went #1 overall for a reason. He is small, but don't let that arm talent fool you. I still think he might be something special.