Poll: positions of greatest need (choose up to three)

Select up to three positions you feel the Seahawks need to address the most this offseason

QB
12%
TE
6%
OL (tackle)
6%
OL (interior)
24%
Safety
12%
DT
22%
DE
2%
Edge
6%
ILB
10%
CB
2%

Total votes: 51

D-train

Re: Poll: positions of greatest need (choose up to three)

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:51 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:43 pm
Pointing out the math? My point was that there are at least three positions where they are in far worse shape than QB, hence if you voted QB that means you didn't vote for at least one of those three. 3 - 1 = 2. That's the math.
There have now been 15 voters and 9 voted for a DT. Feeling better about it now? :)
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:22 pm

A lot of this comes down to how you think of the Seahawks own existing FAs, e.g., Wagner, Brooks, Williams, Lewis, Brown, Haynes all players that you may be thinking are still here just because they haven't gone anywhere else yet, though in most cases they're not likely to return. In that sense i dont know how you cannot include the LB group, which currently includes only Rhattigan and one other backup whose name i dont recall. Even though Williams may not re-sign here, you still have Jones and Reed there, as opposed to the OL interior where you have zero starters under contract. So with LBs and OL taken, that leaves only one spot, where again i have to include the Safety group since we have only 1 of 3 starters (Love) in place (I say 3 advisedly given McDonald's previous track record).

trharder

Post by trharder » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:45 pm

Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:43 pm
Pointing out the math? My point was that there are at least three positions where they are in far worse shape than QB, hence if you voted QB that means you didn't vote for at least one of those three. 3 - 1 = 2. That's the math.
So you are saying if you put QB at all you are a dumb fuck?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:47 am

No, since QB is the most important position that adds to the value of acquiring one, but with pick #16 you aren't likely to get someone better than Geno. They aren't in a position to be able to take that risk either. And who could they get in free agency that's worth anything? Cousins is the only one clearly better, but would cost too much.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:26 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:22 pm
trharder wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:11 pm
Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:56 pm
They were one of the worst in the league for interior linemen on both sides and have Love and a bunch of scrubs at safety, yet some of you think QB, where they are average, is a greater position of need? The heck outa here.
Well, you vote for 3. So, just because, for example, I voted QB, doesn't mean I didn't vote DT and safety as well.
Are you completely cool with Geno?
There is 39 votes so 13 voters and 7 voted for DT. Just over half. That was his point.

Take it from me, the more DTs the better.

Sincerely,

DT
The world needs more DT. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: