Not rebuilding this year per JS

Donn Beach

Re: Not rebuilding this year per JS

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:41 am

Believe it was that, particularly the draft classes

Jeff Howe
@jeffphowe
Seahawks simply looking for a change of direction and a new voice. Ownership believed they didn’t reach their potential this season. Young, talented roster with strong draft classes to build upon.

douche

Post by douche » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:48 am

We can thank Jody. Because this team certainly didn't reach its potential this season, especially on defense. I also appreciate that they chose to forgo familiarity (ie. Dan Quinn).

New coach, fresh approach.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:42 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:41 am
Believe it was that, particularly the draft classes

Jeff Howe
@jeffphowe
Seahawks simply looking for a change of direction and a new voice. Ownership believed they didn’t reach their potential this season. Young, talented roster with strong draft classes to build upon.
I also remember hearing how Pete tried to excuse their lack of success on youth. So, the guy complains about needing an influx of youth, gets it, then complains about the youth. He also basically threw JS under the buss after the Steeler game by actually complaining that his RBs weren't Pitt's RBs! They used back to back second round picks on the guys. It's not Charbonnet and Walker's fault this staff had no clue how to use them. I've posted this several times, but watch the two play and tell me why Charbonnet is the guy running outside the tackles? Watch them play, look at their pass catching results, and when you realize that Walker is the guy they took off the field on passing downs, explain to me why Pete wasn't sent to pasteur earlier!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:53 pm

Here's a video where a guy explains in detail how the Seahawks method of cap management had become outdated under the guy that just retired from that job and why they will be better off under the new hire. Again speaks to the notion that Carroll was entrenched in old ways of doing things that didn't seem to work any more.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oufBoLkHbO8

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:01 pm

I doubt Pete had a thing to do with cap management, if there was anything JS was hired for that have to be one of them.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:56 pm

Well the timing seems indicative of something, but i suppose it could be coincidental.

Did anyone watch the video? Might explain how teams like KC, SF, and LA were able to maintain good rosters while the Seahawks couldn't.

douche

Post by douche » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:55 am

The basketball hoop inside the auditorium at Seahawks headquarters — a fixture during the Pete Carroll era and perhaps the VMAC’s most prominent symbol of it — is gone. A new day in Renton under new coach Mike Macdonald.

GK0yxx-aIAEqLcS.jpg
GK0yxx-aIAEqLcS.jpg (88.95 KiB) Viewed 111 times

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:53 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:56 pm
Well the timing seems indicative of something, but i suppose it could be coincidental.

Did anyone watch the video? Might explain how teams like KC, SF, and LA were able to maintain good rosters while the Seahawks couldn't.
Great point. It's an interesting video, specifically about the change with who is managing the salary cap. Interesting that his title is Vice President of Football ADMINISTRATION. Carroll was the Executive Vice President, so obviously not the same role, but when I saw that I did a double take. According to the video, we will now be more aggressive. Damn, all of us that wanted more aggressive philosophies just needed PC to be sent to a retirement home! We might actually get creative with the cap and have our defenders try to make tackles in front of the first down marker. What a novel concept!?

I have been harping on it for years, but this notiion that the teams like you mentioned would run into cap issues. It never happened. The Rams ONLY down year was injuries, not cap hits. Kind of the same for the 9ers. And the Chiefs? Find a down year please.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:18 pm

The title is the way you lure him from Green bay. There's gotta be a title.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:27 pm

Yeah, I was more pointing out how I paused when I saw how similar it was to Pete's title.

It is refreshing to read things like how we are going to change. I bet the players will be thrilled to not eat dinner at 4 because their coach has to take his pills! LOL, JK, kinda.

The game had passed him by, and he was so stubborn to prove it hadn't he did what old people do ...and held on to the past and what used to work.