Not rebuilding this year per JS

douche

Re: Not rebuilding this year per JS

Post by douche » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:28 pm

trharder wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:23 pm
Because Jody was like us and knew something had to change or the Seahawks would continue to be mediocre.
Bingo! And since Pete is such a great evaluator, then SEA should send him down to the college ranks so he can find their next batch of NFL players.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:01 pm

What needed to change was the coaching, not sure where the hard part in that is
. “Pete and I would always joke like, ‘Oh the Seahawks, they like those big, tall corners that run 4.3.’ It’s like the Mariners guys (saying), ‘You like the guys who hit home runs, right?'” Schneider joked. ” … But yeah, we’ve listened to (the new coaching staff) and obviously we want to know what they’re looking for by position and everything, but really it hasn’t changed all that much.”

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:08 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:01 pm
What needed to change was the coaching, not sure where the hard part in that is
. “Pete and I would always joke like, ‘Oh the Seahawks, they like those big, tall corners that run 4.3.’ It’s like the Mariners guys (saying), ‘You like the guys who hit home runs, right?'” Schneider joked. ” … But yeah, we’ve listened to (the new coaching staff) and obviously we want to know what they’re looking for by position and everything, but really it hasn’t changed all that much.”
That presumes they have good talent that was just poorly coached. They had some but not enough. Not sticking up for PC but I don't know how JS is blameless...
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:19 pm

In a videocast on the Hawks OL and QB Gregg Bell, as much an insider as anyone, points out an oft forgotten fact - that Carroll hired JS, not the other way around as is the norm. they always projected like they were in lockstep agreement, which was all certainly bought for quite awhile (and was likely true for the most part in the early years). but just based on the title and hiring situation alone, there was never any question Pete had final say - something he demanded in order to leave his good gig at SC. Agree with your take on how it all went down with Jody though, and the short leash JS has remaining if things dont turn around soon.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:03 am

57reasons wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:19 pm
In a videocast on the Hawks OL and QB Gregg Bell, as much an insider as anyone, points out an oft forgotten fact - that Carroll hired JS, not the other way around as is the norm. they always projected like they were in lockstep agreement, which was all certainly bought for quite awhile (and was likely true for the most part in the early years). but just based on the title and hiring situation alone, there was never any question Pete had final say - something he demanded in order to leave his good gig at SC. Agree with your take on how it all went down with Jody though, and the short leash JS has remaining if things dont turn around soon.
You must have missed what trharder posted and the article that I posted?
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 pm

This is pretty interesting about players on the roster whose stock has risen due to the coaching change. Some blame and shade throw at PC and his coaching staff.

https://12thmanrising.com/posts/seattle ... nf83g4s4/4
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:13 pm

What is constantly missed about these player moves is, we would bring in players that we couldn't utilize. Whether PC simply agreed with JS or was the driving force behind it, the only move he made for a player that he had one single fucking clue how to use was Lynch. Sheldon Richardson, Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham and Jamal Adams, just off the top of my head. All Pro level players before they got here. Harvin wasn't ever allowed to do anything besides run screens and reverses, Richardson was a HORRIBLE fit, we all know about Jamal, and Jimmy? They spent all summer trying to teach a WR how to block. If you wanted someone to block, why'd you trade a fucking very good O Lineman for him!?

Pete should be held most accountable, because not only did he have a part in bringing these guys here, but he is also the head of the staff that couldn't figure out how to use them. We all laughed at that asshole in New York, the Jets DC that said we wouldn't know how to use Jamal. Sure wasn't very funny for long!

Always wanted a bright shiny new toy, but never knew how to play with it. Not a good thing for a coach, but a TERRIBLE thing if that coach was also a part of the decision to bring that player here!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:19 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 pm
This is pretty interesting about players on the roster whose stock has risen due to the coaching change. Some blame and shade throw at PC and his coaching staff.

Jones is the one that interests me. There was a TON of talk this year about him being misused. Again, was it a guy that just didn't fit, or a guy we couldn't figure out how to use? Sheldon Richardson was the comp I kept going back to. We traded for Sheldon and guys in here were talking about Super Bowls. He didn't do shit here, and it's rarely spoken of, but when it is? It is OBVIOUS that Sheldon hated the way he was used here. So did the DE we got from Cincy. His name is escaping me right now. But one season he had like one sack the first half of the year, and many more the second half. When asked why the surge in production he simply said they were finally letting him do what he does best. Gee, sounds so simple.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:04 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:19 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 pm

Jones is the one that interests me. There was a TON of talk this year about him being misused. Again, was it a guy that just didn't fit, or a guy we couldn't figure out how to use? Sheldon Richardson was the comp I kept going back to. We traded for Sheldon and guys in here were talking about Super Bowls. He didn't do shit here, and it's rarely spoken of, but when it is? It is OBVIOUS that Sheldon hated the way he was used here. So did the DE we got from Cincy. His name is escaping me right now. But one season he had like one sack the first half of the year, and many more the second half. When asked why the surge in production he simply said they were finally letting him do what he does best. Gee, sounds so simple.
Yep Carlos Dunlap.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:05 pm

I think the D this year is going to tarnish PCs legacy at least a bit.
dt