New Sherriff in town

douche

Re: New Sherriff in town

Post by douche » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:38 am

I guess that's why the basketball hoop is gone.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:03 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:22 pm
His approach didn't necessarily not work anymore, it was mainly that it didn't work with the types of players (and coaches) he had post LoB. Not enough self-motivated guys with chips on their shoulders and strong personalities and leadership qualities. Those are the types that flourish when given the freedom to be themselves and to do things their own way.
My mom could have coached that LOB team to th NFCCG. That's my biggest beef. He won one way, and was so deadset to prove he could continue it that they never adapted.

Oh, maybe my second biggest beef. My first was his philosophy on offense and who he hired to run it. Watching Walker be a between the tackles bruiser last year while Charbonnet was the guy they used in space made me want to effing puke!

I think the last offense I really enjoyed watching more often than not had Chris Carson and Mike Davis running behind some hogs that might have been below average in pass Pro but could really open up running lanes. But then? We played a fantastic rush defense in the playoffs and Pete curled up into a ball sucking his thumb and handed Dallas the game.

douche

Post by douche » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:23 am

I also enjoyed how PC revealed his game plan to the entire world before that matchup against DAL. 'We're going to run the ball'. And that's exactly what he tried to do. But not only did he tell everyone what he was planning to do, he made no game time adjustments to compensate for the team's actual inability to run the ball.

The Pete Carroll era ended that day. At least for me.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:17 pm

douche wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:23 am
I also enjoyed how PC revealed his game plan to the entire world before that matchup against DAL. 'We're going to run the ball'. And that's exactly what he tried to do. But not only did he tell everyone what he was planning to do, he made no game time adjustments to compensate for the team's actual inability to run the ball.

The Pete Carroll era ended that day. At least for me.
Yeah, I went into that year excited, but expecting a step back. So Pete kind of won me over. It was the next year for me. Especially after Buffalo threw it like fifty times against us, because that is what they do and our pass defense was bordering on the worst of all time. His fucking post game quote? “We had a good game plan against the run. They just didn’t run it”. It’s about like game planning for the backup QB! Seeing the backup QB was about as likely as Buffalo running against us that day.

I’ve said it here before, it at one time the Bills had a formation with KJ Wright lined up in press coverage outside on a WR? Allen threw it to the guy that was being covered by a CB. It was the dumbass that had been arrested for robbing a poker game that off season. So, chose to challenge a starting CB versus his wideout instead of a LB against his wideout. And it worked.

That was the worst defensive game I ever watched in the PC era, and was the beginning of the end for me. “We had a good game plan if they had just run the ball”. He said some dumb shit in his time here…not much dumber than that.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:15 pm

One of things I hated the most about him was that he was such a pussy when it came to going for it on 4th down in the opponents territory. Then we would inevitably punt it into the end zone and net like 15-20 years. They he goes with his pussy non aggressive D and their offense Marches down the field for a TD anyway...
dt

douche

Post by douche » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:43 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:17 pm
“We had a good game plan if they had just run the ball”. He said some dumb shit in his time here…not much dumber than that.
Extra dumb, coming from a guy who was in charge of everything football and being paid millions to do so. That quote proves how clueless he had become.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:12 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:15 pm
One of things I hated the most about him was that he was such a pussy when it came to going for it on 4th down in the opponents territory. Then we would inevitably punt it into the end zone and net like 15-20 years. They he goes with his pussy non aggressive D and their offense Marches down the field for a TD anyway...
And then? Would challenge a call that has no chance, and tell us “Doug was mad about the last one of his I didn’t challenge”. Yep, so let’s just burn a timeout because you didn’t challenge before!? He would be aggressive at weird times, and conservative at weird times.

I didn’t enjoy much Seahawk football since the Falcons kicked our ass after we lucked out because Blair Walsh sucks. Oh yeah, then we signed Blair Walsh, and blamed a shitty kicker for being shitty!

douche

Post by douche » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:06 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:12 pm
He would be aggressive at weird times, and conservative at weird times.
So true. Challenge the calls that had no chance of being overturned, and not challenge the ones that were blatant. In addition to time clock mismanagement and a complete unwillingness to adapt, of course. I've mentioned this before, Pete is a super optimistic fun coach, he just found a way to struggle with the game itself.

With Macdonald, I truly believe that we now have a coach who has a complete grasp of the game (and understands the clock and will not hesitate to make adjustments). We're in good hands.

And speaking of the Falcons...who signs a 35 year old QB coming off an Achilles injury to $100 million guaranteed?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:01 pm

Good hopeful piece here. We now have two of the top 18 LBs in coverage in the NFL. (out of about 100?) What a concept. LBs that can cover in a Pass heavy league.
dt

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:52 am

D-train wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:01 pm
Good hopeful piece here. We now have two of the top 18 LBs in coverage in the NFL. (out of about 100?) What a concept. LBs that can cover in a Pass heavy league.
Ummm it wasn't the pass defense that was horrible last year...it was the fact that I could have rushed for 100yds against them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those that know me know how damn funny that line is