NFL DRAFT chat

D-train

Re: NFL DRAFT chat

Post by D-train » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:27 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:23 am
They can draft a million guards in the 3rd round... where they're supposed to go.

I puke all over myself drafting a guard where we did.

Murphy is insanely good.
Dallas Turner. DTs are Guards and Edge rushers are tackles in the Passing obsessed NFL.
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:32 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:27 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
They can draft a million guards in the 3rd round... where they're supposed to go.

Murphy is insanely good.
Dallas Turner. DTs are Guards and Edge rushers are tackles in the Passing obsessed NFL.
I saw Murphy eat our offensive line up in that Sugar Bowl game. We couldn't run worth a shit. He dominated.

He's got the chance to be elite in this league.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:38 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO8XKdif-LI

Look at how much he dominated when he was in 1v1. He didn't get the sack but he sure made Penix uncomfy.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:43 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:32 am
D-train wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:27 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:

Murphy is insanely good.
I saw Murphy eat our offensive line up in that Sugar Bowl game. We couldn't run worth a shit. He dominated.

He's got the chance to be elite in this league.
He's solid and rebuilding the defense inside-out is the plan.
I'd like to see him get to about 315.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

maoling

Post by maoling » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:44 am

Murphy is the best combination pass rusher and run stopper in college football over the past decade.

It took an extended break before this was announced on TV, but a guess is if the Seahawks found him still there at 16, they were all-in, didn't get value on trade-down offers and grabbed him because he was likely gone in a heartbeat. That isn't stupid. It doesn't throw your new HC into the whirlwind of another draft in a new regime in the first-round hype. This was a quiet and professional pick with more to come.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:46 am

maoling wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:44 am
Murphy is the best combination pass rusher and run stopper in college football over the past decade.

It took an extended break before this was announced on TV, but a guess is if the Seahawks found him still there at 16, they were all-in, didn't get value on trade-down offers and grabbed him because he was likely gone in a heartbeat. That isn't stupid. It doesn't throw your new HC into the whirlwind of another draft in a new regime in the first-round hype. This was a quiet and professional pick with more to come.
There were grumblings that he was gonna go top 10 to the Falcons.

McDonald molds DT's... Justin Madubuike had 13 sacks last year on the interior.

trharder

Post by trharder » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:04 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:38 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO8XKdif-LI

Look at how much he dominated when he was in 1v1. He didn't get the sack but he sure made Penix uncomfy.
To show you how much I pay attention to line play, I went half way through this tape before I realized he was being blocked by two Huskies on nearly every play.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:15 am
Don't like this at all. JS should have been able to work a very favorable trade-down and could have gotten a top 3 DT as well as a top C/G.

Instead, they are punting on O line and the Seahawks will have a bottom 5 one for like the 5th straight god damned fucking year.
How many trade backs were there? We always act like it's that easy. Someone else has to be willing to trade up. I love Murphy. If we can stop being in need of trading second rounders to fill holes? Maybe we can stop being in need of trading back.

If you could promise me we could move down, still get a DT like Sweat later as well as another player? OK. We could also trade back a few times and get McDowell, Mike Tyson and Tedrick Thomas!

Murphy is a dude, and if we had a second round pick? No one would be asking about trading back. The Bills handed the Chiefs a WR that broke the forty time record to trade back. The Chiefs just keep winning Super Bowls and the Bills just keep finding ways not to make one.

Have to have a partner to trade with and also have to hope it works out. Give me Murphy all day over McDowell, Mike Tyson and Tedrick Thompson!

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:27 am

Bil522 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:17 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:02 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:00 am
No trade back. :(

Big mistake.
Possibly.

They also probably didn't figure they'd have such a pick of the litter at 16.

All the best defenders are still there. I like Latu, but there were more impactful players.
Trade back with whom? It takes 2 to Tango

Yeah, with the qbs off the board probably lot less interest to move up

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:26 am

I think they tried to trade back but nobody was offering enough to make it worthwhile. The jags traded back from 17 to 23 and only netted a 5th rounder this year and a 3rd and 4th next year. Nothing to really get excited about with a trade like that.