"Coach Hamdan is doing a good job"

Post Reply
User avatar
Sibelius Hindemith
Posts: 957
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 3:09 am
Location: Seattle

"Coach Hamdan is doing a good job"

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:04 pm

One of the many gems from Coach "Pete"s sheepish, excuse-laden press conference yesterday. He also said that he thought, after reviewing tape, that the Huskies played real "physical" out there. More like they prepared for the game by jazzersizing to the beat of Jane Fonda's "Physical". :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xav2jx3U9kQ

CP needs to face some hard realities. For one, there seems to be a motivation problem with this team. Secondly, his players are not getting coached up in fundamentals like wrapping up on tackles. Thirdly, his coordinators are getting outschemed by their Pac12 counterparts.

Michael K.
Posts: 501
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am

Re: "Coach Hamdan is doing a good job"

Post by Michael K. » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:27 pm

I read that...but didn't Sark say the same about Holt, then the D staff got fired on the plane ride home?

Funny you would say that about motivation. I have friends that were at the game sitting behind our bench. Said from pre kick to final buzzer our sideline was like a morgue, and there was no communication. Not good

I realize Pete probably has the coolest seat in the Conference...so let's hope he, his staff and his players can be motivated by something other than lack of job security. I am scared of Saturday Night's game. These kids have played every night game like a toddler up past his bedtime, and if Stanford's offense gave us fits, what is going to happen when we play a team with explosive athletes?

D-train
Posts: 5000
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Kirkland

Re: "Coach Hamdan is doing a good job"

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:43 pm

Hawks and Hoops is my focus after that debacle. Pretty much done here.
dt

D-train
Posts: 5000
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Kirkland

Re: "Coach Hamdan is doing a good job"

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:00 am

Dissly's senior year: 10 G 21 Rec 289 yds. 2 TDs

Dissly as a Hawk: 9 G 31 Rec 418 yds. 6 TDs.
dt

Michael K.
Posts: 501
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am

Re: "Coach Hamdan is doing a good job"

Post by Michael K. » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:29 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:00 am
Dissly's senior year: 10 G 21 Rec 289 yds. 2 TDs

Dissly as a Hawk: 9 G 31 Rec 418 yds. 6 TDs.
Jon Smith was an inexperienced play caller. He has one good year...when Tedford held his hand. So, someone hires him away...and we hire an inexperienced play caller. What Hamden has turned this year’s offense into is an effing disgrace!

DavidGee24
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 6:24 pm
Location: Phillips Ranch, CA

Re: "Coach Hamdan is doing a good job"

Post by DavidGee24 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:11 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:04 pm
One of the many gems from Coach "Pete"s sheepish, excuse-laden press conference yesterday. He also said that he thought, after reviewing tape, that the Huskies played real "physical" out there. More like they prepared for the game by jazzersizing to the beat of Jane Fonda's "Physical". :lol:
That's actually Olivia Newton-John. Even at 15 I remember face-palming whenever I'd hear that song.

D-train
Posts: 5000
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Kirkland

Re: "Coach Hamdan is doing a good job"

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:43 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:11 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:04 pm
One of the many gems from Coach "Pete"s sheepish, excuse-laden press conference yesterday. He also said that he thought, after reviewing tape, that the Huskies played real "physical" out there. More like they prepared for the game by jazzersizing to the beat of Jane Fonda's "Physical". :lol:
That's actually Olivia Newton-John. Even at 15 I remember face-palming whenever I'd hear that song.
Oliva Newton John in the final scene of Grease advanced my hormone production by about three fold.
dt

User avatar
Sibelius Hindemith
Posts: 957
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 3:09 am
Location: Seattle

Re: "Coach Hamdan is doing a good job"

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:00 am

Oh yeah. Did Jane Fonda even sing? Don't know where I came up with that.

D-train
Posts: 5000
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Kirkland

Re: "Coach Hamdan is doing a good job"

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:56 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:00 am
Oh yeah. Did Jane Fonda even sing? Don't know where I came up with that.
She had the 30 min. Workout. I am sure that song was on the album.
dt

Michael K.
Posts: 501
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am

Re: "Coach Hamdan is doing a good job"

Post by Michael K. » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:22 pm

That last scene with Olivia was a game changer!

As for Hamdan, the only thing he is doing a good job of is making Jon Smith look decent. My guess is Smith could figure out a way to make an NFL ready QB more than below average in Conference games. And, he might not let Petersen force feed him below average Senior receivers when there is potential in the young kids rotting away on the sidelines.

This is an absolute WASTE of Eason...and when I watch him play, and see what he is capable of, I lay the blame on the coaches. The receivers have a lot to do with it, and Hunter Bryant isn't a single bit better than he was as a Senior, some of that is on him...but these coaches have flat out failed this team this year.

It is a recurring theme, and one that was only ever cured by the presence of Jeff Tedford. Time for Pete to understand he is being out gunned offensively and stop setting for some under experienced yes man to run the offense. WAY too much talent to be this mediocre this many seasons.

Post Reply