Texas' Loss

Michael K.

Re: Texas' Loss

Post by Michael K. » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:14 am

Captain 97 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:12 am
It's more than just the QB. They had 20 players that either hit the portal or opted out of the bowl game.
Still. Why did Georgia and Mizzou get kids to play? They need to start putting clauses in their NIL deals that punish these kids if they decide not to play. They are basically getting paid to play now. You don't want to play? You lose some of that pay. Only seems fair.

Such a cop out for FSU. Easier to not try and get your ass kicked then make excuses, then to try and get your ass kicked. If they believed in themselves that much, why not go out and prove it? Got every shot against the team that was #1 before the last ranking. Instead? We quit. GA would have destroyed them anyway. The ACC sucked this year. They went out and proved it, but they can make the excuse that "our kids didn't play".

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:15 am

Honest question boys. Don't we deserve this Natty. All the previous ones have been diminished disputed or destroyed for various reasons. Go Dawgs!
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:29 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:15 am
Honest question boys. Don't we deserve this Natty. All the previous ones have been diminished disputed or destroyed for various reasons. Go Dawgs!
and i still think we have a real legit shot at it, at least as much or more than Texas or Michigan does. The early season finesse team that the less-informed national public still thinks we are gave way to a much more physical team late in the year as the team got healthy and circumstances required it. That plus the mental toughness of winning so many close games late, even as underdogs, coupled with last year's solid victory over the Horns (why does everyone ignore that?). Not to mention giving the nation's best coaching staff a month to prepare.

that said Bama is the one that scares me the most - their QB has really grown through the year and their OL matchup against our D front could get ugly.
as well as being the one team we dont hold a coaching advantage against.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:45 pm

We need WWDawg to post the GT!
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:07 pm

The Huskies seem to play to the level of their opponent a lot this year, so i think they could defeat any of these teams though the D line will be badly overmatched and the O line will probably get exposed to some degree, good as they've been. I mean, i didn't give them a chance against Oregon in the Pac12 CG and look what happened. I guess the bottom line is i have no idea what is likely to happen lol. Just have to hope the line can protect Penix because if he goes down we all know how ugly things will get.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:16 pm

That Fiesta Bowl sure was a great matchup. Could someone explain to me how #23 Liberty got into one of the exclusive New Year's Day bowl games? Never made any sense in terms of having a competitive game, so was there a financial boon in it somehow? The whole Libtards vs Evangecons thing?

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:25 pm

Watching the Rose Bowl. Just stunning how these college players are massively better tacklers than the Hawks.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:26 pm

I am impressed by McCarthy. I think he could be QB1 on the All White team. lol
dt

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:35 pm

I can't believe they put this game on ESPN. I am going to have to scrounge around for streaming links and maybe get the highlights. Pathetic!

gil

Post by gil » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:10 am

Pharmabro wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:35 pm
I can't believe they put this game on ESPN. I am going to have to scrounge around for streaming links and maybe get the highlights. Pathetic!
Pisses me off too. I'm doing a Fubo free trial. You have to give them a CC but they say you can cancel (and they will remind you one day before annual payment kicks in). Guess I'll see how that works out.