Breaking: Looks like Jedd is the man!

D-train

Re: Breaking: Looks like Jedd is the man!

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:12 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:35 am
He may be a good coach, but why leave Arizona for Washington? If it's just for the money that would indicate to me that he will probably leave UW for a better job at the first opportunity. The more success he has here, the sooner he'll be gone. I'd rather have someone with less career ambition and more love for coaching.
Where in the Fuck is he going to go??? We are a big 10 team that just played in the Natty?? Alabama is taken.

Arizona is now in the shit Big 12 which is now like a mid major. No brainer for him. Got a raise from $2M to $9M
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:15 am

Fungo wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:02 am
I have become very cynical of sports whether it be college or professional. Little difference anymore between college football and the professional sport. Both coaches and players are only loyal to the dollars. The last straw was the "student" athletes being paid from the private sector. Not just paid but paid outlandish sums for the more sought-after players. DeBoer's leaving just did it for me. Once you are promised $63M over seven years you'd think that you are beyond the money chase. I'm sure DeBoer is in fact beyond the money chase, so it most likely becomes an ego thing. If there was any regional pride or school pride left in the college game in my opinion it was removed with the NIL deals and the Transfer Portal. Sure the players still want to play their best and want to win but now if they play exceptionally, they are likely to enter the portal to maximize their NIL pay or to enhance their chances at the NFL. Likewise, the coaches, after a couple successful seasons are just as likely to jump for more money or a new job with more status. I quit being interested in pro sports when they started promoting every political Woke move that was popular at the time. Now the college game has given up it's soul for the dollar and has no real interest at all in the "student athlete's" beyond the money to be made. It's a sad day in Mudville.
Yeah I get it but you can either choose to be pissed off about it and stop watching football or just go with the new reality and continue to enjoy the games which really haven't changed at all. I will go with the latter. There is enough going on in my actual life make time to obsess and stress about stuff that doesn't impact me in the least.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:21 am

:

Coaching Departures:
Kalen DeBoer—Gone

OC Ryan Grubb—Gone

OL Scott Huff—Rumored would like to stay

DPP Courtney Morgan—Gone

S&C Ron McKeefery—would like to stay

Transfer/Recruit Losses:
Jabbar Muhammad—Portaled—Oregon

Mishael Powell—Portaled—Florida

Austin Mack—Portaled

Dylan Morris—Portaled

Will Haskell—Portaled

Javion Green—Portaled—Stanford

Dyson McCutcheon—Portaled

Faatui Tuitele—Retired

Nate Kalepo—Portaled

Austin Mack—Portaled

Will Rodgers—Portaled

Ethan Barr—Portaled

Tre Watson—Portaled

Zaydrius Rainey-Sale: The Bethel High School 4-star is ranked as the top player in the Washington class of 2025. He had originally committed to the Huskies but has re-opened recruiting since DeBoer’s departure.

Noah Carter: Another 4-star defender, Carter is a 4-star in the class of 2024. The Centennial High School prospect had been comitted to the Huskies since December 20th, but will now listen to all offers.

Dominic Kirks: Kirks had been a surprise pick-up when the Ohio native chose the Huskies over some teams closer to home. The 4-star defensive lineman visited Ohio State yesterday and is already projected to choose the school closer to home.

Keona Wilhite: Wilhite is the latest de-commit, as the 3-star defensive lineman from Salpoint Catholic in Arizona will be listening to offers yet again.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:28 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:12 am
He may be a good coach, but why leave Arizona for Washington? If it's just for the money that would indicate to me that he will probably leave UW for a better job at the first opportunity. The more success he has here, the sooner he'll be gone. I'd rather have someone with less career ambition and more love for coaching.
Where in the Fuck is he going to go??? We are a big 10 team that just played in the Natty?? Alabama is taken.

Arizona is now in the shit Big 12 which is now like a mid major. No brainer for him. Got a raise from $2M to $9M
NFL?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:54 am

That would come with success. At this point they aren't even in the upper half of the Big Ten are they?

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:03 am

Dude certainly has a broad range of experience. This is his 17th job in 27 years.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:18 am

Maybe he'll be DeBoer's replacement at Alabama after they can him in a couple years. :idea:

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:22 am

Dan Lanning and his team made a splash with the additions of Dillon Gabriel, Dante Moore, Kobe Savage and Jay Harris before the new year. They’ve kept that momentum rolling into 2024 with the addition of blue-chip players this past week.

On Monday, the Ducks obtained a commitment from UTSA cornerback Kam Alexander, and on Thursday they added Texas A&M wide receiver Evan Stewart, the No. 2 player in the transfer portal. To close the week on Friday night, Oregon added Houston defensive tackle Ja’Maree Caldwell, the No. 17 player in the transfer portal.

There’s a chance the Ducks could continue adding top talent. Rumors swirled on Saturday that Lanning could be after former Washington Huskies’ CB Jabbar Muhammad.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:26 am

Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:28 am
D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:12 am

NFL?
Ok. Maybe so but he was at AZ for 3 seasons. If he gives us three seasons and the results are so good that the NFL wants him as a HC then so be it.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:30 am

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:03 am
Dude certainly has a broad range of experience. This is his 17th job in 27 years.
And prior to yesterday he had a grand total of ONE head coaching job. And ZERO with a BIG 10 team that has just made it to the National title game. Of course there are bigger jobs than UW but I hardly see him as a guy always looking for the next big thing. He got a 450% pay raise to go from the BIG 12 to the BIG10, he would have been a complete idiot not to.
dt