Dawgs vs. The Tree game thread

ddraig

Re: Dawgs vs. The Tree game thread

Post by ddraig » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:59 am

Haven't seen a shitty game like that since The-Coach-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named was here playing golf and not doing his job. But he was a molder of men!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:04 am

I keep thinking back to last week. The fake FG, the ridiculous double reverse....if Clay Helton hadn't been coaching at USC we would have probably lost that one too. I think we are in serious trouble. Besides against Eastern, which is a division below us, and BYU, that simply imploded, when have we actually looked good?

Maybe when the Eason hype has cooled, since every close game we've played he has curled up into a ball and shit his pants, we can count on a good year next year since he will have to come back?

Or, should I really worry? I mean, some QB camp coach spent four minutes with Jake Browning and realized his lake of zip was because he didnt use his hips. Why didnt our coaches figure that out in FOUR FUCKING YEARS? If I was Eason I might realize staying here isn't going to make me money. What the fuck is up with our offensive coaches. Damn I miss Tedford.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:14 am

Maybe a jacked up year is needed. There is talent on offense, and much like every year before and after Jeff Tedford, we can't do jack diddly shit with it. HIRE A REAL FUCKING OC....JESUS H CHRIST, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY CAN WE PLEASE GET AN OC THAT HAS ACTUALLY CALLED PLAYS SOMEWHERE ELSE?

Why the FUCK are we constantly cutting teeth for offensive play callers. John Smith is at home right now laughing, thinking "give me a QB with an arm like Eason's and we dont lose to Stanford's JV"

I think John Smith sucks as a play caller, but he might be better than Hamden. All the guys from years past blaming talent. What now? Stanford was CERTAINLY not more talented than us. But there sure as shit were more prepared. We looked like a team that didnt care.

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:15 am

The thing that gets me is, we shouldn't have to worry about these types of games. You see teams like Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc. go out there and take care of business. Us? Not even close. These so-called "trap games' shouldn't be a concern and yet, we always seem to have problems with these types of games.

My expectations for next week's game in Tucson is very low, but as I said in my last post. perhaps they'll play more looser now that the burden of winning the North is pretty much gone? I don't know, I'm just so pissed about tonight's game. We play a team like the those in the Top Ten and no doubt we'll get our asses kicked. I still like Petersen but some changes need to be made to his staff. Otherwise, we're going to keep getting the same bullshit performances like we saw tonight.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:35 am

Teams like Bama, Clemson and Ohio State end this game in the second quarter. But, they are better coached and have better players. I am a Husky fan...and as pissed as I am about how we seemed unprepared...these kids also got pushed around. Pretty sure we have a few cocks of the walk that aren't half as good as they think.

That doesn't happen at Bama, Clemson or Ohio State, because guys like Fuller and Bryant have studs behind them that will take their spot, and after they showed their true colors, like our guys did at Cal? They'd have lost reps, if not their jobs.

The LBs we have? They wouldn't play ANYWHERE in the SEC, let alone Bama. We aren't what we thought we are, but I think some of our kids think they are better than they are.

Bryant, in my opinion, is a huge reason we lost both the games we lost. For a talent like him, he seems to have no drive, and might be the softest "NFL ready" TE I've ever seen. Give me Dissly or Sample any week. We have a veteran O Line, yet Stanford's second and third string QBs were under far less pressure playing behind a bunch of Freshman than our QB was.

Why is that? We are soft as shit. Bottom line I really think Petersen has some house cleaning to do.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:54 am

the veteran receivers killed us tonight, starting with Bryant. the D's front 7 is just not that good without Gaines - really disappointing not to see more growth from Tuli and especially Onzwurike. and of course from Wellington at LB - great HS player but the talent hasnt really translated . at least there's hope there next year in the underclassmen but have to agree - why arent the young receivers seeing the field yet? pathetic effort all around tonight, coaching included. that series where they're driving in Stanford territory faced with a 3rd and 3 and you throw a low percentage pass? should be thinking ahead there - if youve decided its 4 down territory (as they ultimately did) then run the ball, twice if necessary. sometimes seems like theyre totally unprepared - and i'm the last one to blame the playcallers.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:47 pm

They are unprepared. It surprises me how bad the defense looks. I expect more from Lake and Kwiitkowski. The Offense is what we are going to get since we settle for coaches who have never done the job on that side of ball. I never thought anyone could make Smith look good, but Hamden manages to do it. Damn I miss Tedford.

Last night was terrible. I can’t believe an O Line with all backups and a second and third string QB could do that to us, and Stanford’s defense is mediocre, and we can’t score on them? Once again we got to the red zone and melted. This is not a very good football team. I hope recruits see that and realize they can come here and play...but based on the veteran players at LB and WR that get chance after chance to fail, and continue to fail, that may not be what recruits see!

roosevelt

Post by roosevelt » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:16 pm

Might be playing the wrong players? I have never seen a Husky defense tackle so bad, at least over the last decade.
Possibly, 4 and 5 star athletes are NOT Washington's type of player???