I'm ready to fire Petersen. Promote Lake

Vogelbomb

I'm ready to fire Petersen. Promote Lake

Post by Vogelbomb » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:01 pm

I've had it up to my ears with this mediocrity. Every year we lose 1-2x vs teams that have no business beating us. In Petersen era, UW is 1-4 in bowl games including 0-3 in NY6 games. The Pac-12 has largely been down the last 4 years and UW still has suffered defeats @ Cal, @ ASU, @ Stanx2 vs USC and @ Oregon in games in which it has been favored by double digits.

I'm just sick of this awful play. This lack of urgency from week to week. These lapses in effort and ultimately the stubbornness in depth chart and starting lineup, rotations. The awful offensive system he runs. Enough! He's a horrid in-game coach in my opinion. He's able to teach and get guys better in the fundamentals but coaching in game he's below average. He gets his lunch handed to him time and again by shorter tenured coaches like Justin Wilcox, Mario Cristobal, David Shaw and James Franklin.

It needs to be said FIRE CHRIS PETERSEN!!

Promote Jimmy Lake

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: I'm ready to fire Petersen. Promote Lake

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:58 pm

Petersen doesn't call the plays. Hamdan and Lake did a terrible job preparing the team for yesterday's game.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:06 am

Jimmy Lake is a blow hard! Figure out how to play defense against a team that plays an offense not the Air Raid. For all the shit Jimmy talks about Mike Leach, David Shaw should have gone OFF about how his band of misfits dissected Jimmy’s Big ass mouth last night! But, most coaches don’t do that...Jimmy does. Jimmy loves him some him, and that is all fine and good, but two Bay Area coaches so far this year have made him look stupid. Those Bowl losses being prefaced? Our great defenses got dissected by QBs not even taking NFL snaps. Hell, Alabama got rid of the QB who beat us the next year!

I want nothing to do with that effing mouthpiece as our head coach. He is all freaking talk. Our defenses were better under Kwitkowski, but Pete didn’t feel the need to tell us about it! Jimmy is a fantastic recruiter...but so was Tosh Lapoi. We got over losing him, and we will get over losing mouthpiece Lake. I have a little faith in Jimmy, but less than zero in the man named Bush

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:42 pm

Jimmy Lake the guy that in the fourth quarter when the whole world knew Stanford was going to run the ball to try to run out the clock and he had the safeties plan 15-20 yards deep
dt

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:22 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:42 pm
Jimmy Lake the guy that in the fourth quarter when the whole world knew Stanford was going to run the ball to try to run out the clock and he had the safeties plan 15-20 yards deep
Yep: https://twitter.com/dickfain/status/1180720728557019136

Perhaps it was a mistake for Petersen to make Jimmy co-defensive coordinator along with Kwiatkowski. They were doing quite well with Coach K at the helm, it might be time to make him the d-coordinator exclusively. And don't get me started on Bush.

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:18 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:06 am
Jimmy Lake is a blow hard! Figure out how to play defense against a team that plays an offense not the Air Raid. For all the shit Jimmy talks about Mike Leach, David Shaw should have gone OFF about how his band of misfits dissected Jimmy’s Big ass mouth last night! But, most coaches don’t do that...Jimmy does. Jimmy loves him some him, and that is all fine and good, but two Bay Area coaches so far this year have made him look stupid. Those Bowl losses being prefaced? Our great defenses got dissected by QBs not even taking NFL snaps. Hell, Alabama got rid of the QB who beat us the next year!

I want nothing to do with that effing mouthpiece as our head coach. He is all freaking talk. Our defenses were better under Kwitkowski, but Pete didn’t feel the need to tell us about it! Jimmy is a fantastic recruiter...but so was Tosh Lapoi. We got over losing him, and we will get over losing mouthpiece Lake. I have a little faith in Jimmy, but less than zero in the man named Bush
Please. Stanford had the ball for 40 minutes on Saturday and still only produced 23 points against a defense playing between 10-15 first-year players. UW has had the best defense in the Pac 4 years running, Cal is on our heels this year, but still team yields at most 20-23 pts against it. UW has the best first qtr differential in all of cfb. This is a solid squad and Lake + K know what they're doing. If Rapp and Murphy were still around we'd be even better.

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:22 pm

JAWA wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:22 am
D-train wrote:

Perhaps it was a mistake for Petersen to make Jimmy co-defensive coordinator along with Kwiatkowski. They were doing quite well with Coach K at the helm, it might be time to make him the d-coordinator exclusively. And don't get me started on Bush.
The players playing safety are more the problem than the strategy. We have two 185 pound kids back there. They are going to get pushed around in run support. I think if Lake were to take over the program, the recruiting will only get better. That's the problem at safety right now, the personnel, not the scheme. Lake is doing what he's doing to limit the big plays, keep scoring down and UW has been great in that dept. When was the last time this team gave up 30? 24? We average somewhere in that 14-20 range per game and it don't matter the opponent. That's elite defense and he's doing it with 10-15 first-year players rotating in.

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:26 pm

JAWA wrote:
D-train wrote:

If they don't make Jimmy co-d coord, he's not here. If Jimmy's not here, McDuffie is not, Turner is not, Cam Will probably isn't, and who knows who else? Probably the likes of Gordon and Irvin too

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:58 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:26 pm
JAWA wrote:
D-train wrote:

If they don't make Jimmy co-d coord, he's not here. If Jimmy's not here, McDuffie is not, Turner is not, Cam Will probably isn't, and who knows who else? Probably the likes of Gordon and Irvin too
You have no idea if that is true or not. You are also crazy if you think that after 18 straight rushing attempts our Safeties lined up 15 and 18 yards off the ball on their own.

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:08 am

I never mentioned their alignment. That's to prevent big plays and has helped UW defense to keep opponents under 27 points (mostly under 21) for 22 consecutive games, helped the defense to be best scoring defense in the Pac12 4 yrs running and t10 nationally in that same span.

The defense -- despite all the youth and undersized back end -- is not the problem. Thanks to Lake and coach K