10/19/19 Huskies vs. Sucks Game Thread

Michael K.

Re: 10/19/19 Huskies vs. Sucks Game Thread

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:08 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:57 pm
What was the deal on that unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on McClatcher during the kick-off return? Why did he even need to lie down? The Oregon players already knew he was there and none of them were headed his way. Assuming he didn't do that on his own, how dumb are these coaches?
He only got flagged because his jersey was the same color as the turf he laid on....but it doesn't matter. We blew a 10 point lead in the blink of an eye. This team is an embarassment.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:45 am

If we lose because they beat us, it sucks, but it happens. But this coaching staff aught to be utterly ashamed, and the wildcat on 3rd down? Jesus....when are we ever going to get to the end if a game we lose where we don't wonder why our multi million dollor coaching staff didnt fuck up?

I have spoken to many Husky fans tonight....not one isn't pissed about the wildcat. Stop being cute...play fucking football. I am so pissed at the adults that seem to be getting in the way of these kids that I can't even see straight!

Not sure this coaching staff gets us more than 8 wins a season moving forward. And maybe some day I'll accept that. But for now? I'm fucking pissed off about it.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:47 am

What a complete debacle of a season. Peterson has put the program in a good place, but he's lost something. His better Boise State teams, with less talent, smoke these guys today.

Peterson's getting all these great players yet they're being consistently smoked in bowl games and this season with all this talent they've lost to Cal, who sucks and just lost to Oregon State, and Stanford, who sucks and followed up beating the Huskies by rolling over against UCLA. Oregon had been held to 21 points or less three times and our defense gave up five TD drives to them. At home.

We've got our strong-armed QB yet can't even put up 300-yard games like every other good team does. Might as well just run an Armed Forces offense.

Also, this team NEVER rallies from fourth-quarter deficits and wins. They fall behind and it's over. Marques Tuiasasopo had more come-from-behind victories in his senior year than we've had in Peterson's entire tenure at U Dub.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:26 pm

I feel like today is not the first time I have read a quote from Coach Petersen telling us that the Wildcat has been successful for them in the past. Is he trying to convince us or himself?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:49 pm

The coaches have to be able to recognize when and why something isn't working during the game and stop doing it. As Hugh Millen explained, it was readily apparent that Kamari Pleasant wasn't executing the play properly, but they couldn't see that? Hopefully AD Cohen steps in and fires Hamdan after this season and then oversees, along with Petersen, the hiring of a new OC that has some experience running an offense. Not a former receivers coach or QB coach. An actual former offensive coordinator somewhere. This shit is getting tiresome.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:16 pm

The thing about the Wildcat is Peterson acts like it's some novel invention he came up with it actually is clever and works on occasion. They came up with it about 15 years ago and it worked for maybe one year and then everybody shitcan it cuz it's a stupid ass play. It's basically saying we aren't going to throw the ball we're going to run it so go ahead and stop us. Ludicrous.
dt

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:33 pm

Watching it live was brutal. They either need to scrap that play or run it with personnel that can execute it perfectly. Kamari had a shitty game yesterday.