Death of a season

JAWA

Re: Death of a season

Post by JAWA » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:29 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:58 am
You guys realize that they could actually lose their last three games (and it is very possible the way this team has just quit) and end up not going to a bowl?
Heads will definitely roll if they do not go to a bowl game. Then again, after the way they've been playing this year, they really don't deserve to go to a bowl game.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:33 am

Really astounding how the falloff of one position group can be the downfall of the whole defense. The biggest question all spring (other than the supposed QB battle) was the depleted linebacker corps, particularly ILB. For all his doubters before (myself somewhat included), guess we're seeing this year how good BBK really was, and the likes of Bierria, Victor, and Timu before him.

Why was the cupboard so bare - failure in recruiting? let's examine:
brought in a 4-star Calvert they were hoping for immediate contributions from, but gets hurt early and cant play. Also signed promising 4-star Daniel Heimuli - not sure if hurt or just not ready to contribute as true frosh, and not burning his redshirt.
Year earlier signed top-50 overall player Kaho before they let him defect to Alabama with some sob story from his uncle.

failure to develop? this seems more the issue. Along with Austin Joyner and Chico McClatcher, Wellington was one of the top in-state recruits in his class, was excited to get him. Having been an all-state physical running back as well as defender, would have thought he'd have better instincts against the run game. Never know, maybe he's secretly playing thru injury, but was really expecting more.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:11 pm

57reasons wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:33 am
Really astounding how the falloff of one position group can be the downfall of the whole defense. The biggest question all spring (other than the supposed QB battle) was the depleted linebacker corps, particularly ILB. For all his doubters before (myself somewhat included), guess we're seeing this year how good BBK really was, and the likes of Bierria, Victor, and Timu before him.
IMO, the offense had the talent level to off set this, we just refused to utilize it. Listening to KIRO this morning and the issue was would Eason come back. They sounded like they have been listening to me all year long. WHY WOULD HE? The defense was replacing 9 starters, and instead of letting the offense jell, Eason spent all Spring and Summer splitting reps with a guy built like a Junior High Kicker! Add to it that non of these coaches have shown any ability to develop a QB and the fact that multiple times this year they pulled Eason off the field for the WC in critical times!? I honestly thought the three of them on the radio must have been listening in to me all year long. NO WAY HE COMES BACK. This staff can't develop him, and they have shown no ability since Tedford left.
57reasons wrote:
Why was the cupboard so bare - failure in recruiting? let's examine:
brought in a 4-star Calvert they were hoping for immediate contributions from, but gets hurt early and cant play. Also signed promising 4-star Daniel Heimuli - not sure if hurt or just not ready to contribute as true frosh, and not burning his redshirt.
Year earlier signed top-50 overall player Kaho before they let him defect to Alabama with some sob story from his uncle.

As much as I complain about Lake's big mouth and his inability to beat the big boys (USC and Bama a few years ago, and every Bowl game since, plus his refusal to understand that the Bay schools aren't running Air Raid), he will recuit and he will develop. The question is, will the offense ever be good enough? With this staff I say no.
57reasons wrote:
failure to develop? this seems more the issue. Along with Austin Joyner and Chico McClatcher, Wellington was one of the top in-state recruits in his class, was excited to get him. Having been an all-state physical running back as well as defender, would have thought he'd have better instincts against the run game. Never know, maybe he's secretly playing thru injury, but was really expecting more.
Not only develop, but use common sense. Puka played three games this year were he was only on the field on RUN DOWNS!? They could have redshirted him, but apparently we needed this stud receiver to block!

It comes as no shock, but I feel this staff will never get us back to even where we were three years ago, when we thought the sky was the limit. Pete is over his head, and for some reason feels the need to hire inexperienced yes men top run his offense. It is not good.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:53 pm

Eason should have transferred to WSU.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:16 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:53 pm
Eason should have transferred to WSU.
He's have 6,000 yards by now.

Logainismyhero

Post by Logainismyhero » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:23 am

Hope this Eason kids doesn't think he's NFL ready, well, I mean he is, but clipboard backup ready.

He's not that good. Strong arm, but I get the feeling he doesn't have much between the ears.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:28 am

Eason is garbage I hope he leaves.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:51 am

Yeah, can't see him coming out next year suddenly a good quarterback. Let's see one of the underclassmen win the job.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:20 am

Siirmon and Morris are not likely to be as good as Eason would be if he comes back. Next year the rest of the team should be better, so you want the best QB in there, rather than one that you hope to develop for future seasons.

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:32 am

Huskies are limping across the finish line of this shitty season. Next year can't come soon enough.