Death of a season

Michael K.

Re: Death of a season

Post by Michael K. » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:15 am

Captain 97 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:28 am
Eason is garbage I hope he leaves.
Yep, another year and yet another time this poor coaching staff is saddled with a shitty QB. Stop with the fucking excuses! Tedford was here a coach with a clue...and the offense was good. Been average to shitty ever since. Yet I've listened to guys like you blame the QB for like six of seven years. Bullshit. Find an OC with a clue...or go back to Boise State!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:29 am

Boise State seems to be doing just fine without him. They'd handle this Husky squad no doubt.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:50 am

So in the last two games the Huskies have put up a grand total of 33 points against bottom-feeders Oregon State and Colorado. Meanwhile, the Cougars put up 95 on these two teams. 95. To 33.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:48 pm

I've never seen anything like this - Eason has the size and arm strength of Trevor Lawrence - and yet he's throwing the ball for a paltry 200 yards a game. I was at the Stanford game - when the receivers could't catch anything - I think that was the turning point of this season - there is no point having a talent like that if your receivers can't catch and coaching cannot exploit his strengths. I'm not sure how you come back from that game mentally. I don't know who the OC and QB coach are, but they are utterly embarrassing and need to be held accountable. I've never seen an arm like that on Montlake before, and I've seen a lot of qb's come through there - and to absolutely waste this talent - it's hard to grasp. They'll probably go hang 50 on Wazzu now, because that makes no sense at all and everyone can be like 'where the F was that all season?" Eason has made some colossal blunders, and I'm not sure if it's desperation, cluelessness or what, but the UW coaching staff has completely bumbled this talent away. Watching Peterson scowl on the sidelines while his offense plays keystone cops is amusing. Not sure which, if any, PAC-12 team has a more inept-looking offense. Can you imagine Leach with that offensive talent? Jesus... they'd average 50 a game.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:29 pm

You've never heard me blame the qb before. I was Brownings staunchest supporter. Browning was a far better QB than Eason. Eason can throw the ball fast. Big whoop. He has no touchwhatsover and lacks accuracy even on easy throws. Any ball past 15 yards that requires him to have some touch and let the receivers run under it he over throws by 5 yards. Any time there is any semblance of pressure he panics and not only makes terrible decisions, he also becomes wildly inaccurate. This is no secret. What Colorado did was send the house at Eason because they knew he has no abality to exploit the blitz. I Hate to say I told you so but I cautioned about this before the year ever started. I told everyone that his numbers at Georgia paled in comparison to Brownings numbers as a freshman and everyone on here poo pood it and talked about his big NFL arm. There were more red flags when he barely beat our Haener for the starting job but everyone continued to drink the cool aid. The fact is that Eason stinks. This season went down the toilet because we downgraded significantly at QB and at Runningback.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:47 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:29 pm
You've never heard me blame the qb before. I was Brownings staunchest supporter. Browning was a far better QB than Eason. Eason can throw the ball fast. Big whoop. He has no touchwhatsover and lacks accuracy even on easy throws. Any ball past 15 yards that requires him to have some touch and let the receivers run under it he over throws by 5 yards. Any time there is any semblance of pressure he panics and not only makes terrible decisions, he also becomes wildly inaccurate. This is no secret. What Colorado did was send the house at Eason because they knew he has no abality to exploit the blitz. I Hate to say I told you so but I cautioned about this before the year ever started. I told everyone that his numbers at Georgia paled in comparison to Brownings numbers as a freshman and everyone on here poo pood it and talked about his big NFL arm. There were more red flags when he barely beat our Haener for the starting job but everyone continued to drink the cool aid. The fact is that Eason stinks. This season went down the toilet because we downgraded significantly at QB and at Runningback.
Yes you did. Good call.
dt

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:05 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:48 pm
I've never seen anything like this - Eason has the size and arm strength of Trevor Lawrence - and yet he's throwing the ball for a paltry 200 yards a game. I was at the Stanford game - when the receivers could't catch anything - I think that was the turning point of this season - there is no point having a talent like that if your receivers can't catch and coaching cannot exploit his strengths. I'm not sure how you come back from that game mentally. I don't know who the OC and QB coach are, but they are utterly embarrassing and need to be held accountable. I've never seen an arm like that on Montlake before, and I've seen a lot of qb's come through there - and to absolutely waste this talent - it's hard to grasp. They'll probably go hang 50 on Wazzu now, because that makes no sense at all and everyone can be like 'where the F was that all season?" Eason has made some colossal blunders, and I'm not sure if it's desperation, cluelessness or what, but the UW coaching staff has completely bumbled this talent away. Watching Peterson scowl on the sidelines while his offense plays keystone cops is amusing. Not sure which, if any, PAC-12 team has a more inept-looking offense. Can you imagine Leach with that offensive talent? Jesus... they'd average 50 a game.
That would be our good buddy Bush Hamdan. He is both the OC and QB coach but you're right. He definitely needs to go at the end of the season, although he should have been let go after one of the earlier shitty losses.

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:05 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:50 am
So in the last two games the Huskies have put up a grand total of 33 points against bottom-feeders Oregon State and Colorado. Meanwhile, the Cougars put up 95 on these two teams. 95. To 33.
The obvious difference is that Wazzu has an actual, competent OC. Bush is neither.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:52 pm

Blaming Eason is a joke. The passing game was no better last year with a four year starter at QB. If we didnt have Gaskins last year we would be in the same effing boat as this year. Not one person who has touched this offense since Tedford left should have a job at a Power 5 Conference. The guys running the offense are a joke show.

Browning is an NFL practice squad guy, ONLY because someone at a camp AFTER his four years of school looked at him throw a couple balls and wondered why he doesn't use his legs. Odd that it took one camp to fix what four years here couldn't.

Prior to yesterday, McShay had Eason at 26, one spot behind Jake Frohm. Eason has his pick of schools coming out of HS, and could have transferred just about anywhere. But we are to believe HE is the problem. Bullshit. These guys have done NOTHING offensively short of one season where a guy with a clue was brought in to consult! Why is a program like ours hiring OCs that need consulting!? Time for Pete do do what Sark had to with the defense. Fire your buddy and bring in someone qualified. We went from Holt to Wilcox and IMMEDIATELY the defense improved. Time for Pete to nut up and do the same on O.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:49 am

yeah, i get the criticism of Eason because he isnt very good under pressure, but no QB beats a blitz by themselves - have to have blockers and receivers that know where to go and catch the ball. saturday they had neither, and for the season their presence (especially the receivers) has been sporadic at best.
another reason he shouldnt come back - the schedule next year is murder.