Death of a season

Donn Beach

Re: Death of a season

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:33 pm

"He has tremendous arm talent," an NFL personnel executive said this week, preferring anonymity. "He's big. He's smart. He's got a lot of the traits that we look for in a quarterback."

Yet the pros regard Eason as a work in progress, someone who could use more Washington seasoning, a quarterback still building confidence.

"I do think he needs more time taking snaps and live action in games to be prepared," the exec said. "I would like to see him return to college for another year."
https://www.si.com/college/washington/u ... n%20Raley/

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:05 pm

still building confidence.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:45 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:52 pm
Blaming Eason is a joke. The passing game was no better last year with a four year starter at QB. If we didnt have Gaskins last year we would be in the same effing boat as this year. Not one person who has touched this offense since Tedford left should have a job at a Power 5 Conference. The guys running the offense are a joke show.

Browning is an NFL practice squad guy, ONLY because someone at a camp AFTER his four years of school looked at him throw a couple balls and wondered why he doesn't use his legs. Odd that it took one camp to fix what four years here couldn't.

Prior to yesterday, McShay had Eason at 26, one spot behind Jake Frohm. Eason has his pick of schools coming out of HS, and could have transferred just about anywhere. But we are to believe HE is the problem. Bullshit. These guys have done NOTHING offensively short of one season where a guy with a clue was brought in to consult! Why is a program like ours hiring OCs that need consulting!? Time for Pete do do what Sark had to with the defense. Fire your buddy and bring in someone qualified. We went from Holt to Wilcox and IMMEDIATELY the defense improved. Time for Pete to nut up and do the same on O.
What are you talking about. We were third in the conference in passing yards last year. This year we are 11th. Browning had a better completion percentage and more yards per attempt than Eason has this year. Eason isn't going to get anywhere close to the 3200 yards Browning put up last year.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:32 pm

Sorry, they messed him up, and coming back would shock me. All the reps they gave Haener early should have been a warning sign to him.

And sorry Cap 97, if you watched our passing game last year with all the dink and dunk BS and thought we were better, then we will just have to disagree. Especially in Conference play, we were bad. Take Gaskin out last year and we'd have been in the same boat or worse.

Eason is still projecting as a low first rounder, and Browning is on a practice squad. This falls SQUARELY on the shoulders of the coaches. Hell, if some coach at a camp last off season hadn't have fixed in one day what UW coaches couldn't fix in 4 years...Browning wouldn't even be a practice squad guy!

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:37 pm

Probably plenty of blame to go around in this dogshat offense.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:53 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:32 pm
Sorry, they messed him up, and coming back would shock me. All the reps they gave Haener early should have been a warning sign to him.

And sorry Cap 97, if you watched our passing game last year with all the dink and dunk BS and thought we were better, then we will just have to disagree. Especially in Conference play, we were bad. Take Gaskin out last year and we'd have been in the same boat or worse.

Eason is still projecting as a low first rounder, and Browning is on a practice squad. This falls SQUARELY on the shoulders of the coaches. Hell, if some coach at a camp last off season hadn't have fixed in one day what UW coaches couldn't fix in 4 years...Browning wouldn't even be a practice squad guy!
Why do you keep bringing up NFL status. How many terrible QB's have we seen drafted in the first round because they have a cannon? Probably more than a dozen in the last 10 years. Eason doesn't have touch and he doesn't have it between the ears that's not the coaches fault in my mind. There were 4 deep balls in that Colorado game where the receivers had their man beat. The schemes were obviously working enough for guys to get open, Eason just through it 5 yards over everyone's heads. In my opinion that's not a result of coaching that is lack of skill.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:03 pm

I bring it up because guys paid to evaluate talent feel the kid you think stinks should be a first round pick. These coaches can't get anything from the QB position. The most talented QB to walk on this campus since Brock Huard was splitting reps with Jake Haener all Spring and Summer and these guys can't seem to figure out how to best utilize his talents. I simply don't understand the excuse making for this staff. It is mind numbing. Neither of our last two OC's were qualified to do the job, yet you continue to make excuses for mediocrity. If you honestly feel like the talent on this team was that of a six or seven win team than I simply will never be able to agree with you. This offense could have and should have been explosive. Instead they can't get out of their own way, and you want to blame the kid playing QB that was one of the most highly thought of QBs we have brought in here!

You are one of the few people I have ever heard say that Eason doesn't have what it takes. Sorry, I will listen to the guys that do this for a living, not the guy that seems to think there is not one thing this staff has ever done wrong. The shine has worn off Chris Petersen, and he needs to get it the Ef figured out. Luckily it isn't you that will have to make the tough choices our AD is going to have. These grown men have flat out fallen down this year. It is horrible. Losing the way they did to bad Stanford and Colorado teams is inexcusable. Burning a red shirt year on a Freshman WR because he was on the field to block is utterly stupid. Going to the Wildcat with a fourth string RB is flat out brutal. The offense has talent, but these coaches have no clue how to utilize it.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:09 am

Funny a guy on with Softy this afternoon said the #1 problem was the lack of talent at WR.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:20 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:09 am
Funny a guy on with Softy this afternoon said the #1 problem was the lack of talent at WR.
The Seniors besides Fuller are disappointing. Sure not sure why they sat on Puka do long and not sure why the other young guys haven't developed

Fungo

Post by Fungo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:01 am

I just realized if the Dawgs lose to WSU in the AC they will have finished dead last in the northern division! Both Cal and Stanford could end up with the same record but both beat the Dawgs. :lol: