Death of a season

Michael K.

Re: Death of a season

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:58 am

Fungo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:01 am
I just realized if the Dawgs lose to WSU in the AC they will have finished dead last in the northern division! Both Cal and Stanford could end up with the same record but both beat the Dawgs. :lol:
It would be the worst season we've had since Paint Dry Ty. If it wasn't so fucking painful it would actually be funny. Remember his 1st two years? All the excuses because he just didnt have enough talent, apparently Sark left the cupboards bare, blah blah. These are his guys, OKGs, and these are his coaches. And we stink. Pete is really lucky he coaches in a town were all you have to do is win some....you will be celebrated forever after that. Imagine if we had actually played someone in the non conference? We wouldn't even be Bowl eligible yet!

We have regressed in each of the last three seasons. But, don't dare blame him, just bad luck and yet another bad QB. BS.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:01 pm

Fear not. According to this we will be National champs in a couple years.

http://sportspressnw.com/2244711/2019/2 ... ed-colored

btw didn't someone here say that we would have multiple NCs in the next five years. lol
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:14 pm

He did what was needed to be done.
Expect changes in this year’s team after the upcoming Apple Cup and before the bowl game. Hamdan likely won’t survive. Others may be asked to move on, too. It’s part of the business.
If Oregon State hadn't thought that underpaying a crummy OC just because he used to play there was the right idea, John Smith would still be here....botching things almost as bad as Pete's other buddy Bush. Change won't happen. Sorry. How many times did the Wildcat have to fail with Pleasant running it before we decided it wasn't the best third and medium option?

This IS our offense, and has been since Tedford left. Once again, why does a program like Washington need to settle for guys underqualified to run an offense, and why should we need a freaking consultant! He hired Tedford because he KNEW we needed him, and he was right. So, if the guy you hired CAN'T do the job, why does he HAVE the job?
D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:01 pm

btw didn't some one he say that we would have multiple NCs in the next five years. lol
Levon Coleman and KJCS might be getting reps in the NFL before we win even one Natty. Sorry, I remember that 88 team....this feels FAR worse. I may have been a kid back then, but I remember how that felt in comparison to this. We didn't lose to a team missing the entire O Line and playing their third string QB that year, we didn't three two score leads against Conference foes at home, and we sure as shit didn't lose to someone as shitty as Colorado. This team has quit, and I expect to be bitterly disappointed Friday afternoon.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:23 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:14 pm
He did what was needed to be done.
Expect changes in this year’s team after the upcoming Apple Cup and before the bowl game. Hamdan likely won’t survive. Others may be asked to move on, too. It’s part of the business.
If Oregon State hadn't thought that underpaying a crummy OC just because he used to play there was the right idea, John Smith would still be here....botching things almost as bad as Pete's other buddy Bush. Change won't happen. Sorry. How many times did the Wildcat have to fail with Pleasant running it before we decided it wasn't the best third and medium option?

This IS our offense, and has been since Tedford left. Once again, why does a program like Washington need to settle for guys underqualified to run an offense, and why should we need a freaking consultant! He hired Tedford because he KNEW we needed him, and he was right. So, if the guy you hired CAN'T do the job, why does he HAVE the job?
D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:01 pm

btw didn't some one he say that we would have multiple NCs in the next five years. lol
Levon Coleman and KJCS might be getting reps in the NFL before we win even one Natty. Sorry, I remember that 88 team....this feels FAR worse. I may have been a kid back then, but I remember how that felt in comparison to this. We didn't lose to a team missing the entire O Line and playing their third string QB that year, we didn't three two score leads against Conference foes at home, and we sure as shit didn't lose to someone as shitty as Colorado. This team has quit, and I expect to be bitterly disappointed Friday afternoon.
I saw the 88 season from the student section. Sorry, too drunk to provide any insights. :)
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:31 pm

The five losses were by a combined margin of fifteen points.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_Wash ... tball_team

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:37 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:31 pm

I definitely remember Aikman beating us in the UCLA game. Must have only smuggled in a pint instead of a fifth that game.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:01 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:31 pm

And 3 of the 5 to teams that ended the season ranked in the top 20, the two LA schools being highly ranked. Only the Oregon Loss was really a "bad" one, and even that was a close loss in Autzen to a team that finished .500. Stanford, despite somehow blasting us with their JV team is 4 and freaking 7. Colorado was 4 and 6 before handing us our ass on a platter like the lifeless group that we are, and since beating us the Cal Golden Showers have gone 4 and 5!

There is simply no comparison to what the Pac 12 was in 1988 compared to today. We had every tough opponent at home, and crapped the bed damn near every time....even managing to lose an easy road game to Colorado. This staff has failed this team, and it is a disturbing trend, especially on offense. But, I am sure it is simply the fault of this new QB, just like it was the fault of every other 4 Star QB recruit to play for these jokers.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:17 pm

What i don't understand is the lack of fire and comraderie in this team. Does anyone have any idea why that's been the case?

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:28 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:17 pm
What i don't understand is the lack of fire and comraderie in this team. Does anyone have any idea why that's been the case?
Losing.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:04 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:28 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:17 pm
Losing.
It is my understanding it started long before. Maybe allowing there to be a made up QB controversy?